The Knights of Progress

In the 38th Millenium, a Blood Angels Successor Chapter and an Imperial Fists Successor Chapter was lost aboard their ships for a millenium. While some of them fell to Chaos (about a hundred or so), the main Chapters held strong and together. Time being mostly absent from the Warp, the Chapters arrived in Segmentium Solar a few months into the Indominus Crusade.

The Chapters, after being merged sometime while in the Warp, had restocked at Mars, recieving the necessary technology and info on creating Primaris Marines. Soon after, their Techmarines had started to toy with their Geneseeds Stocks, merging Blood Angel and Imperial Fist Geneseeds together.

The result was...odd, to say the least. Some Marines died soon after implantation, but a rare few had survived the implants and inherited the traits of both seeds.

Unfortunately the process could not be repeated again, seeing how the Techmarines and Priests had scrapped everything after the first deaths.

Their Homeworld basically went on lockdown soon after these 'Super Marines' were developed. Afterwards, an Inquisitor came to make sure no heresy was happening. Discovering the 'Super Marine' project the Chapter had brewed up, they commenced a great purging of the Chapter. The Chapter was forced to leave, thrown out to the unforgiving wilderness that is the Far Future.

But then...their Chapter-Master heard the call. All Techmarines, Tech-Priests, and every other soul on their ships heard his call.

Tzeench.

Tzeench had crept his way into their minds, forcing them all to commit full-heartly into the project, hoping to make stable Gene-Seed combinations through whatever devious methods required. The 'Super Marines' were normal Astartes in only name; honestly, they were closer to Primaris than anything. Tzeench gave them Traitor Gene-Seeds to work with as well, making terrifying Death Guard / Black Legion abominations.

But of course, they despise the idea of giving the other Chaos Space Marines this knowledge, keeping it to themselves, in a way, defying Tzeench.

They stealthly swap out Gene-Seeds in Loyalist Vaults in an effort to get live results, sabotaging recruiting efforts and gaining new Gene-Seeds to toy with. Their Chapter Master, Lord of Knowledge Draidien Avinar, uses a Death Guard / Blood Angel Gene-Seed and the strongest Boltgun he could use in an effort to please the Chaos Gods and continue mutations and change.

(First Chaos Chapter, and I'm pretty sure this conflicts with lore, but I really like the idea so I decided to write it up anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
Is this meant to be humorous, i.e., you're making fun of self-declared "progressives"? If not, then others will make fun of YOU, for this IA; the WH40K fandom (including myself) is rather conservative, and your "Super Marines" sound dangerously similar to something Matt Ward created.

In a way, it started as an honest Progressive Chapter but soon became a terrible parody of the concept, being able to 'progress' to the point of hiding information from Tzeench while being Cultists of Tzeench, in some Ironic Fashion.

(I'm not a fan of Progressive Chapters and the like, either)

Edited by Bruce Malcom

You might as well develop this Chapter into a punching bag for your own Steel Bolts.

Knights of Progress Captain (drawing his progressive knife upon sight of a Steel Bolts Chaplain): "You! Regressive human supremacist! Toxic Marinebaby...!"

Knights of Progress Captain (as the Steel Bolts Chaplain shoots him in the head): "Eeee!"

Steel Bolts Captain (watching his Knights of Progress counterpart die): "A good shot, Brother-Chaplain. I wonder what his last words were? A prayer to the Ruinous Powers?"

Steel Bolts Chaplain: "I know not, I care not. The 'Progressives' speak only in riddles, which I dare not attempt to understand, for fear such efforts will spread the taint."

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

You might as well develop this Chapter into a punching bag for your own Steel Bolts.

Knights of Progress Captain (drawing his progressive knife upon sight of a Steel Bolts Chaplain): "You! Regressive human supremacist! Toxic Marinebaby...!"

Knights of Progress Captain (as the Steel Bolts Chaplain shoots him in the head): "Eeee!"

Steel Bolts Captain (watching his Knights of Progress counterpart die): "A good shot, Brother-Chaplain. I wonder what his last words were? A prayer to the Ruinous Powers?"

Steel Bolts Chaplain: "I know not, I care not. The 'Progressives' speak only in riddles, which I dare not attempt to understand, for fear such efforts will spread the taint."

*Approving Nod*

Eh, I'd rather not have a parody Chapter meant as an unreasonable critique of the Progressives interact with one of my legitimate 'serious' Chapter.

The Emperor knows I'd hate to mix them with the Banished Brigade...