Index Imperium 2: Only source for Inquisitor armies?

Hello Lords and Ladies of the Inquisition,

Out of action for quite a while, mind-scrubbed, protocols loaded, mind-scrubbed again, etc.

Is the Index Imperium 2 the only core source for creating an Inquisitor army?
Is using the "Imperium" keyword the only way to include the other Agents of the Imperium troops into the Inquisitor force?
Have either of the Chapter Approved books updated anything for the Inquisition?

Thank you for your assistance.

Ciao

It's the only source currently..and CA has updated rules for matched play, but not in a good way. You can't use the Imperium (or Chaos) KW for one detatchment anymore. Since the models have to share at least one other KW, Inquisitors can really only be taken in their own detachments now. :/

Personally I'm hoping for a similar treatment to the Assassins and that they get an updated Index Imperialis in White Dwarf at some point.

To expand... Inquisitors can literally only be take in one of the following ways:

open play - ie any thing goes when it comes down to lists

Opponents consent - ie if you ask can I put an Inq in my SM list

Supreame Headquarters Detachment 

Vanguard Detachment

Aux. Detachment

The Chapter Approved books dont have any points changes for Inquistion units... they have been left in the dark :(

@ sairence, Slasher956, & shanewatts: Thank you.

Most perturbatory. 
I was hoping to create a force of Inquisitors, Deathwatch, and AdMech. Wanted to use the few models I have in one army. 
Ah, well. As mentioned, open play is likely my only recourse right now. A WD article would be nice. I wonder if they will have an option to be fielded with the Sisters of Battle? Although using Deathwatch and Grey Knights with Inquisitors may have been fluffy too. 

Ciao.

You can technically do that.

One AdMech detachment, one DW detachment and an Inquisiton one. The Inq one could be a Supreme command with 3-5 of them. That could either represent a Cabal or an Inq with some Interrogators, which would probably be my headcanon.

Also note, that the restriction on souping your Inq is only for matched play. Narrative is also fair game.

Alternativately just talk with an opponent beforehand, I figure as long as you don't do it to powergame most people probably won't have problems with bringing one as an HQ in another Imperium detachment. It's not like they're horribly overpowered with current rules.

Edited by sairence

You can technically do that.

One AdMech detachment, one DW detachment and an Inquisiton one. The Inq one could be a Supreme command with 3-5 of them. That could either represent a Cabal or an Inq with some Interrogators, which would probably be my headcanon.

Also note, that the restriction on souping your Inq is only for matched play. Narrative is also fair game.

Alternativately just talk with an opponent beforehand, I figure as long as you don't do it to powergame most people probably won't have problems with bringing one as an HQ in another Imperium detachment. It's not like they're horribly overpowered with current rules.

Ah, okay, I mistook it to be an overall restriction. That is not so bad.

Yea, I would check with my opponents beforehand. My play skills are too rusty to powergame. I would mainly be grouping the unit factions for their background together. 

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Another thing about a Sisters of Silence detachment.  If I recall rightly, for a detachment to be battle forged it has to have an HQ unit.  Sisters of Silence don't have HQ's, so, while you can take a detachment of them, you will lose out on CP's.

On the other hand, nine squads of Sisters of Silence running around the field would put a definite crimp in armies with lots of psychic powers.  It would especially shut down all their offensive psychic abilities.  That could be fun. :)

I like using eisenhorn and 3 acolytes in a vanguard. Gives him 3 extra wounds due to their "bodyguard" rule. I have kit bashed them out of IG, SM scouts, Scion parts.

I love the books and the model. I will be picking up an old copy of Index: Imp 2 from an online seller, and begin going through my bitz boxes to do something similar. 

Sadly you only can include elies and hq in inq armies, sisters of silence can only be taken in support deatchments

I have been satisfied with core armies in the past, not so much soup, however I was looking forward to mixing the Agents of the Imperium as their background supports.

Another thing about a Sisters of Silence detachment.  If I recall rightly, for a detachment to be battle forged it has to have an HQ unit.  Sisters of Silence don't have HQ's, so, while you can take a detachment of them, you will lose out on CP's.

On the other hand, nine squads of Sisters of Silence running around the field would put a definite crimp in armies with lots of psychic powers.  It would especially shut down all their offensive psychic abilities.  That could be fun. :smile.:

I remember reading somewhere, when the Eisenhorn model came out, that Sisters of Silence were suggested in some part for Eisenhorn's retinue.

I am not trying to make something overpowered, and from what I have been reading in the forums the rules for the models aren't, but it would be nice to have a little customization and utility between the Imperial factions. 

Most perturbatory.

What you did there, I see it...

Well, it is appropriate considering the subject and models. :biggrin.: 

Edited by Murlynd

Sadly you only can include elies and hq in inq armies, sisters of silence can only be taken in support deatchments

Actually not entirely correct. Sisters of Silence have the Astra Telepathica keyword, just like Astropaths and Primaris Psykers from the Imperial Guard codex. So you can make a legal Astra Telepathica Vanguard detachment with Primaris Psykers for HQs and Sister-squad for elites.