ETL VII is coming...

Ask and you shall receive:

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS

Army lists are constantly updated through a number of publications: new Codices, Chapter Approved, White Dwarf, Forge World PDFs (even experimental ones), Errata, you name it. You must always make sure that you use the most recent list to “price” your units.

That said, the original Indices that were released at the dawn of the 40k 8thEdition, in some cases contain units that did not make it to the Codex (or any subsequent publication). In that case you may still use them and “price” them from the Index list. Note that this applies ONLY to the units that did not make it to the Codex. You may not use the Index to “price” units that appear in the Codex or any later publication. If in doubt, contact me to avoid confusion. 

Titans? They are pretty big! :P

Jokes aside, it'll be great to see you back in the frontline Forte!

Maybe I can rustle up something from what I have. Unlikely to be a converted figure due to time but will see.

Titans? They are pretty big! :tongue.:

Maybe I can rustle up something from what I have. Unlikely to be a converted figure due to time but will see.

*gasp*

:wub:

Titans? They are pretty big! :tongue.:

*gasp*

:wub:

Ask and you shall receive:

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS

Army lists are constantly updated through a number of publications: new Codices, Chapter Approved, White Dwarf, Forge World PDFs (even experimental ones), Errata, you name it. You must always make sure that you use the most recent list to “price” your units.

That said, the original Indices that were released at the dawn of the 40k 8thEdition, in some cases contain units that did not make it to the Codex (or any subsequent publication). In that case you may still use them and “price” them from the Index list. Note that this applies ONLY to the units that did not make it to the Codex. You may not use the Index to “price” units that appear in the Codex or any later publication. If in doubt, contact me to avoid confusion. 

That's great news! One thing though: how you wrote it now it seems ambiguous which points to use for the wargear options of those entries. For example, a power axe might be 15 points in the index, but 12 in the new codex (these are made-up points, btw, but I know some have been changed). So suppose I'm vowing a Juggerlord with a power axe, I would use the index points for the juggerlord, but the latest points for the power axe, correct?

To me it would make sense to go by GW's flow chart, which is basically use the most recent rules and point costs, and only use the index if the model doesn't have codex rules (for example for a lord on a daemonic steed) or has equipment not permitted by the codex (for example, a commissar with a power axe).  Then, if the index equipment has a point cost in the codex, you use that.

That said, its Semper's event and he can adopt whatever rules he finds appropriate.  Ultimately, I'm just happy to participate and if some painting needs to wait until after the event, so be it.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Good news- my dredeo dreads came in from FW.

Bad news- my dredeo dreads came in from FW.

I was hoping they would be late so I would not have to assemble those two and my two contemptors. The one time I get a FW order on time is exactly when I wanted it at the usual turtle delivery pace. 

That’s why I dislike the Index. It adds another level of complexity to an already complex event.

But this is it. Latest point values on everything.

well, I still have the old codex, so I don't even have the latest points. It's not the Index that's driving you crazy, it's New Games Workshop's way of not producing cheap updated PDFs to those who bought their codex. 

And the Chapter Approved, and the WD, and the Errata, and the FW PDF’s... and who knows what else.

As is said, latest points values on everything... we need to have a uniform rule here so this is it. If in doubt we can discuss on a per unit basis when the time comes.

So join the winning team! There'll be all the regular stuff: a fantastic team with high morale, fun, banter, the best conversion opportunities in all of 40k, fantastic miniatures, a Soul Vow satellite event with extra prizes and motivation, and of course some pretty hefty dancing!

We need to be honest... The second best conversion opportunities in the game. No one beats the orks in conversions and scratch builds

Edited by Excessus
Fixed BBCode quote typo

So join the winning team! There'll be all the regular stuff: a fantastic team with high morale, fun, banter, the best conversion opportunities in all of 40k, fantastic miniatures, a Soul Vow satellite event with extra prizes and motivation, and of course some pretty hefty dancing!

We need to be honest... The second best conversion opportunities in the game. No one beats the orks in conversions and scratch builds

But stick some spikes on that ork conversion et voila! Chaosed it

First of all, Damok didn't say that, I did, 

second; Orks are in the end just that: Orks. CSM can be corrupted to anything: half deamon, tentacled, snails you name it! And

third: Orks are xenos scum

Hidden Content

giphy.gif

Also, fourth: Orks don't have a long standing tradition of dancing.

First of all, Damok didn't say that, I did,

second; Orks are in the end just that: Orks. CSM can be corrupted to anything: half deamon, tentacled, snails you name it! And

third: Orks are xenos scum.

Hidden Content

giphy.gif

Also, fourth: Orks don't have a long standing tradition of dancing.

But they have! Goff Rockers and Bloodbowl cheerleaders say hallo.

That said.

Chaos Orks (and Chaos Genestealer Cults thanks to Necromunda) are a thing. ;)

Captain? What are the rules regarding this stuff?? (Also, are Kill Teams allowed?)

Chaos Orks (and Chaos Genestealer Cults thanks to Necromunda) are a thing. :wink:

Captain? What are the rules regarding this stuff?? (Also, are Kill Teams allowed?)

Chaos Genestealer Cults originated in Rogue Trader if I remember correctly.

And Kill Teams are out, unless they are also a 40K-legal unit (possible for some).

This year were going to have a beauty contest for any Chaos Spawn vowed. We have such sights to show you!!!!