ETL VII is coming...

Captain? What are the rules regarding this stuff?? (Also, are Kill Teams allowed?)

All units must be 40k legal. I cannot rule out a future event on Kill Team though... :wink:

This year were going to have a beauty contest for any Chaos Spawn vowed. We have such sights to show you!!!!

The Spawn beauty contest is one of the weirdest things ever to come out of the ETL. :laugh.: but we're doing that!

So, where and when will I be making the vow? I'm new at this

The event starts on June 1st and there will be a special ETL thread in each relevant forum called the "[Forum] Outpost" where you post vows, picture, declare completions and generally discuss the progress of the event. 

Here’s last year’s ETL rules and here's last year's  Chaos Space Marines' Outpost 

Take a look and feel free to ask any further questions! :smile.:

@Augustus b'Raass: Sorry. It seems quoting doesn't work for me when I'm using my smartphone

The thing I fixed was that I added the "

" tag to the end that was missing, nothing was quoted however.

If you have problems with the mobile skin you can always use the regular skin in the phone. I do that from time to time to do some post formatting that you can't do in the mobile skin.

@Augustus b'Raass: Sorry. It seems quoting doesn't work for me when I'm using my smartphone

Tell it: NOT SO SMART NOW, are you? Then slap it. Then try again. See if that helps. ;)

What Captain Semper said! Also, welcome to the Chaos Space Marine forum! For best "ETL tactics" (how to win, how to stay motivated, how to make sure we get to dance in the end, etc) feel free to contact me, Dragonlover, Teetengee, Razblood, Insane Psychopath, or any other of us that seem to find each other every year in the chaotic, inspiring, motivational madness that is the ETL Chaos Space Marine forum. You can find a list of previous ETLs here. :) :tu: Also, don't vow too many cultists. Cultists are the bane of every ETL and last year they made us lose it for the first time in five years.

What Captain Semper said! Also, welcome to the Chaos Space Marine forum! For best "ETL tactics" (how to win, how to stay motivated, how to make sure we get to dance in the end, etc) feel free to contact me, Dragonlover, Teetengee, Razblood, Insane Psychopath, or any other of us that seem to find each other every year in the chaotic, inspiring, motivational madness that is the ETL Chaos Space Marine forum. You can find a list of previous ETLs here. :smile.::thumbsup: Also, don't vow too many cultists. Cultists are the bane of every ETL and last year they made us lose it for the first time in five years.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know :laugh.:

Speaking of which, I found that cultist that disappeared. It only took me around a year :lol:

Edited by Gederas

You joining us this year Gederas?

Dragonlover

I've actually got nothing in the way of Chaos stuff to vow that wouldn't make me tear my hair out. Maybe next year, as this year I'll be doing Dark Angels. Sorry :lol:

You joining us this year Gederas?

Dragonlover

I've actually got nothing in the way of Chaos stuff to vow that wouldn't make me tear my hair out. Maybe next year, as this year I'll be doing Dark Angels. Sorry :laugh.:

Ah, so some actual trators. Good choice! :tongue.:

So if the rules are similar to last year- I would have to pledge my x6 rotor cannon CSM as a HH heavy support squad (havocs?) because they can't technically be a CSM rotor havoc squad, even though they will be going to my 10 man CSM units (which are already painted)? Thats a bummer if so, I was only planning on painting what I needed for CSM, not my "extra's" for an initial vow, because not sure if I can make more than 1-2 as I don't know how much time I can put aside. If I have to paint "extras" it would be all for the AoD/ HH forums in that case. 

EDIT- are there basing requirements?

Edited by MegaVolt87

So if the rules are similar to last year- I would have to pledge my x6 rotor cannon CSM as a HH heavy support squad (havocs?) because they can't technically be a CSM rotor havoc squad, even though they will be going to my 10 man CSM units (which are already painted)? Thats a bummer if so, I was only planning on painting what I needed for CSM, not my "extra's" for an initial vow, because not sure if I can make more than 1-2 as I don't know how much time I can put aside. If I have to paint "extras" it would be all for the AoD/ HH forums in that case. 

EDIT- are there basing requirements?

You could vow a ten-man rotor cannon HH squad as two five-man Havoc squads with four reaper chaincannons and a champion with a combibolter, for example. The fifth rotorcannon in each five-man squad could count-as a combibolter (technically allowed because you're sacrificing points there (a reaper cannon is far more points than a combibolter)

Ok, first things first: Havocs.

Like last year and many years before, there is the “count-as” rule in place. This is a rule to allow people some flexibility (within reason) to align their miniature collection to the rules of the ETL. A melta gun may count-as a plasma gun if needed and a power axe as a power sword. Obviously this should be used with fair play in mind .i.e. you may not have a Marine to count as a Dreadnought. In short you may not gain a points’ advantage via that rule and you should expect the effort-to-points ratio to be equal or worse than when pledging the original item.

In you case I’d say that the rotor cannon is an excellent “count-as” for the Reaper Chaincannon that is a legit choice for the CSM Havoc Squad. So no problem there.

Where I can find an issue however is squad consistency. Havocs in the latest Codex are strictly a 5-strong unit with no option to increase it. Furthermore, the Aspiring Champion squad leader does not have the option to carry a heavy weapon himself. So you need to reconcile those facts...

Alternatively, you may vow them in the HH forums as a Tactical Support Squad armed with Rotor Cannons. You have no problem with model count there as the minimum squad size is 5 and can have up to 5 additional Marines while the squad sergeant may be identically equipped.

These are your options. Obviously if you want to vow other Chaos Marine stuff then that means you may not pledge any units for HH unless as out of competition entries. In than case you may still paint them, show progress in the ETL threads and generally use the ETL as motivation, but no points will be awarded to your Forum for this particular effort (I.e. if you just paint minis that do not constitute a game-legal unit).

On the bases front, well, there is no set rule. The mini is done when you say it’s done. However, it is expected that you play fair and paint to your usual standard - if not improve on your usual standard. As such, if you normally base your minis, it is expected that you do. There is no hard rule so as to cover the possibility that people who do not posses the skill to do elaborate basing do not feel excluded or discouraged to take part. On the contrary. But if you do posses the skill, if you do base your minis, you’re expected to do so in the ETL too.

The ETL always promotes quality over quantity. It should not be viewed as an opportunity to cut corners, rather as an opportunity to paint to the best of your ability or even to improve your skill. :)

Phew... That was a long answer...

As for bases, last year the rules were the same as for painting - to your regular standard.  So, for example, for my models the bases were painted but not otherwise improved, as I haven't gotten around to basing my army yet.

I imagine the rules this year would be the same or at least similar.

ninja'd

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui