ETL VII is coming...

Seeing as I'm banking on the Emperor's Children Codex either to be a bit far off or to be including some options from the CSM codex, I got my Master of Executions. And he's going into the first vow. In fact, I might see if I have any Nurglely models to do.

One Vow. Four Models. Four Dark Gods. How does THAT sound?

I have an old Hentaii vortex tentacle slaughterdude thingy minus the back rear leg, need to turn it into a giant Spawn but cant think of a suitable leg replacement and doubt I could sculpt a whole leg. I did think about a Defiler replacement but that seems a bit cheesy and Im trying to avoid the whole biomechanical vibe Chaos is rocking.

Any ideas? Once I figure out what Im doing with it I can start building my first vow, luverly gribbly Spawn...

Any ideas? Once I figure out what Im doing with it I can start building my first vow, luverly gribbly Spawn...

A massive tentacle? Wire core, green stuff outside - alternatively some tentacly bit of the right size.

Oooh, just thought of a followup question to the Index-only unit entries being allowed: they still need to use the most up-to-date wargear list (ie from the new codex) right? Does that mean my juggerlords could take thunder hammers, since they've been included in the new list

Edited by Doctor Perils

You're not quoting the most recent exchange - Index-only units are now allowed.

Oooh, just thought of a followup question - Index-only unit entries still need to use the most up-to-date wargear list (ie from the new codex) ? Does that mean my juggerlords could take thunder hammers, since they've been included in the new list

That's why I hate the Index - it creates all sorts of little issues like that... So here's the ruling: The unit is taken from the list that comes with certain wargear. This is what limits your options. If this particular piece of wargear has updated points' values in a later publication, then use the updated points values - but using the piece of wargear that is not meant for this unit (since it was excluded from the Codex for a reason) seems to me a bit like stretching it. 

I know there are counter-arguments (that's why I hate the Index) but I'll go with that. Now if you want to model your juggelord with thunder hammers because that's how you want them, by all means do so - just price them as "count-as" power mauls or something. ;)

You're not quoting the most recent exchange - Index-only units are now allowed.

Oooh, just thought of a followup question - Index-only unit entries still need to use the most up-to-date wargear list (ie from the new codex) ? Does that mean my juggerlords could take thunder hammers, since they've been included in the new list

That's why I hate the Index - it creates all sorts of little issues like that... So here's the ruling: The unit is taken from the list that comes with certain wargear. This is what limits your options. If this particular piece of wargear has updated points' values in a later publication, then use the updated points values - but using the piece of wargear that is not meant for this unit (since it was excluded from the Codex for a reason) seems to me a bit like stretching it. 

I know there are counter-arguments (that's why I hate the Index) but I'll go with that. Now if you want to model your juggelord with thunder hammers because that's how you want them, by all means do so - just price them as "count-as" power mauls or something. :wink:

Duly edited :)

Ok, thanks for the clarification :tu: I think I probably will go with a power maul

Looking forward to that Giant Spawn! This made me think though: what guidelines will there be for the "Spawn Beauty Pageant"? For example: having the big FW one compete with the normal sized ones seems a bit unfair.

Also, since it got kind of forgotten due to more urgent issues, one more:

Some questions for the "March of the Fallen" thing:

1. Best done in a seperate thread, or keeping it as part of the CSM Outpost?
  2. What goal do we actually want to achieve with it, other than "as much Fallen as possible" and "poke it at the DA players"?

Since I nicknamed the MotF phrase, I volunteer to organise a the whole thing to the best of my abilities. Just looking for some input from others to gather the ideas floating around already.

Looking forward to that Giant Spawn! This made me think though: what guidelines will there be for the "Spawn Beauty Pageant"? For example: having the big FW one compete with the normal sized ones seems a bit unfair.

Also, since it got kind of forgotten due to more urgent issues, one more:

Some questions for the "March of the Fallen" thing:

1. Best done in a seperate thread, or keeping it as part of the CSM Outpost?
  2. What goal do we actually want to achieve with it, other than "as much Fallen as possible" and "poke it at the DA players"?

Since I nicknamed the MotF phrase, I volunteer to organise a the whole thing to the best of my abilities. Just looking for some input from others to gather the ideas floating around already.

1 - In my view, would be worth doing a separate topic. There going to be a lot of post over the ETL event & they could maybe get missed on this topic. So having a separate topic would allow member who may missed out a post on here.

2 - For me, I just wanted to see how many Fallen the chaos forum could get painted during the ETL event. No matter if it was a character, unit or Cypher. I know right now I have plan's on converting up the Primaris Dark Angel Lt to be a Sorcerer as his pose fit in more with a bit of art work I've always like of a Dark Angel Librarian.

Same when Call of Chaos arrive later in the year, it be nice to see how many Fallen could get painted during the event when that arrive.

+++++

Was sort of ok yesterday (have had a virus for nearly 8 weeks now :( ) & mange to get some models built for ETL.

Got my Thousand Son's list planned & how it going to be broken down for vows during the ETL. I think it only the Dreadnought that I'll need to wait & see money wise. If I can get them, they be added near the end.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1448082.jpg

Hopeful by the end of the week, this will get Chaos up.

med_gallery_13342_13449_992032.jpg

I was having a really rubbish day yesterday. Like, 'can I be bothered with the ETL this year?' levels of rubbish day. This exchange just put a massive smile on my face, and kicked my brain into 'roll on next Saturday' mode. I really need to finish prepping my vows...

Dragonlover

if you dont join, i wont. And itll be on you.

About Darnok’s Fallen event. I really suggest making it a seperate event with weekly updates and a link posted in the CSm subforum to that update. Its what Ive done with the soul vow event for years and it works best. :tu:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I was having a really rubbish day yesterday. Like, 'can I be bothered with the ETL this year?' levels of rubbish day. This exchange just put a massive smile on my face, and kicked my brain into 'roll on next Saturday' mode. I really need to finish prepping my vows...

Dragonlover

if you dont join, i wont. And itll be on you.

About Darnok’s Fallen event. I really suggest making it a seperate event with weekly updates and a link posted in the CSm subforum to that update. Its what Ive done with the soul vow event for years and it works best. :thumbsup:

Guys, let me know if you want any assistance - I'm here to help! :)

As I said, I would happily do the corresponding thread for the "March of the Fallen". I have no skills whatsoever in image wizardry, so if somebody else could provide a couple of badges for certain goals? Something like the DA players did for their Primaris callenge.

Goals I would set are:

• Make a Fallen model* part of X numbers of vows (with X from one to five), with one badge each - like the DA Primaris ones.
  • Biggest force of Fallen* over all vows of any one ETL participant.

* ... "Fallen" and/or "Fallen models" include: Cypher, Fallen, CSM Sorcerer, CSM Rhino.

Edited by Darnok