The Unofficial LPC-BA Outpost (event support)

Jolemai

Bit late to the party, but Uni and Work have kept me busy...

"I, SnorriSnorrison, vow to complete Leviathan Siege Dreadnought for the Glory of the Blood Angels on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end"

4ybxSKjl.jpg

HxQ95b7l.jpg

24anRIvl.jpg

Still waiting on the Siege Drill / second Stormcannon array. :smile.:

I hope the airbrush will take over most of the work. :)

Woop! Are you going to magnetise the assault cannons/volkite culverin?

You know it! The magnets on the heavy flamers are already in place, got to do the others today. :smile.:

Awesome, any chance for a photo of where you put the mags? It seems a pretty easy job, just checking if there's an optimal place!

Woop! Are you going to magnetise the assault cannons/volkite culverin?

You know it! The magnets on the heavy flamers are already in place, got to do the others today. :smile.:

Awesome, any chance for a photo of where you put the mags? It seems a pretty easy job, just checking if there's an optimal place!

Yeah sure, no worries. Instead of drilling, I just cut off a part of the weapon's back end where it slots into the chassis of the torso and placed a magnet on each end.

KN0qcXEl.jpg

58AiyB7l.jpg

So, not as pretty as Snorri's Leviathan, or, if im honest as pretty as anyone elses in the LPC, but they're done.

Last two weapon loadouts completed for the sergeant:

gallery_19254_1203_110348.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_59639.jpg

And a little something to tide me over till i can retrieve another squad from the roof:

gallery_19254_1203_19512.jpg

Edited by Leonaides

Still time to get that silver award folks!

Also folks, feel free to vow again if you want. Your previous completion is locked in place, anymore is just for fun and to support your fellow Frater :)

So, not as pretty as Snorri's Leviathan, or, if im honest as pretty as anyone elses in the LPC, but they're done.

Last two weapon loadouts completed for the sergeant:

gallery_19254_1203_110348.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_59639.jpg

And a little something to tide me over till i can retrieve another squad from the roof:

gallery_19254_1203_19512.jpg

Well I love it :wub:

Heads arms and shoulders are about the same size - the new head I gave him was a Sanguard head with sanguine hair and rebreather, he looked angry, but not as tacticool as the original with antennae...quick repost from my plog:

WIP update of the FT Phobos Lieutenant

gallery_58096_15020_73000.jpg

Unsure whether to go with the original head or the Sanguinary guard headswap I gave him

Edited by Xenith

Bare head from the FW head upgrade kit might work - it's the one I used on my Telion model.

That head is a bit too Angel and not enough Demon for the Flesh Tearers, I feel!

The one I picked out was the one on the bottom right of this pic:

s-l300.jpg

Too much daemon in these? ;)

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Night-Lords-Legion-Terror-Squad-Upgrade-Pack-Heads

Also folks, feel free to vow again if you want. Your previous completion is locked in place, anymore is just for fun and to support your fellow Frater :smile.:

-------------

Snip

-------------

Well, you're just as wierd as me then - they do have a certain ugly charm.

Was just discussing with my compadres, when lockdown is over we're going to hit up GWHQ and have a few 25PL games to get our heads round 9th and bust out the space crusade for a couple of missions so i'll be painting the other two squads up for that as part of LPC (so i'll still be in till the bell rings) and farming out the aliens to the most appropriate mates to paint up.

Any bets if someone comes up to say that we have to use GW models only in there?

Also folks, feel free to vow again if you want. Your previous completion is locked in place, anymore is just for fun and to support your fellow Frater :smile.:

-------------

Snip

-------------

Well, you're just as wierd as me then - they do have a certain ugly charm.

Was just discussing with my compadres, when lockdown is over we're going to hit up GWHQ and have a few 25PL games to get our heads round 9th and bust out the space crusade for a couple of missions so i'll be painting the other two squads up for that as part of LPC (so i'll still be in till the bell rings) and farming out the aliens to the most appropriate mates to paint up.

Any bets if someone comes up to say that we have to use GW models only in there?

You'll be fine, you can play any GW game at WHW. I certainly play on having a WHFB game there one day...

As for the Space Crusade models, my Tarantula has seen the tables there and I have some of the Scouts from Advanced Space Crusade in my backlog. One is missing an arm though :cry:

i hated painting the slashed sleeves on those scouts (though to this day thats still the only scout with a heavy bolter i have actually painted). I know you can use any GW model, but last time i was there someone couldn't recognize some of my more 'vintage' marines - turned out the models were a good 5 years older than they were.

Librarian Started:

Librarian time!

gallery_58096_16283_71108.jpg

The Flesh Eater is getting painted. I really, really struggled with choosing colours for this guy. I almost went with him in normal FE colours, but in the end releneted and accidentally painted him blue. Grey over-robe is cameleoline and will get blended into the base. I want to either brighten the armour up to the old enchated blue, or darken it down to near black to look more sinister and make the red stand out.

Very quick work on this one, mostly contrast paints, probably half an hour paint time all in all, when you subtract the dithering.

Just a quick heads up:

Progress on the LPC Characters - After 2 nights of work, the libby is basically done, just needing aethermantic blue on the force sword and his base to be finished and weathered up. The Flesh Tearer LT needs highlights and his backpack done. I also want to paint the grip on the bolter in a marble/ivory colour to show it's special. These new soldiers can still have a ataste of the artistic.
gallery_58096_16283_58457.jpg
:teehee:

Out of competition technically but hey-ho, still working on it...

Still a bit of work to do on the business end of the assault cannon with more heat bloom (you really cant see the first layer of wash i have already put on it), and the fist wreath needs to be greened, but he's almost there. Then its just decide if i want to paint Ultramarines or Imperial Fists for the last bit of LPC 20. Or maybe just some bases now (is it sacrilege to chop off the tab from old space crusade guys to mount them on necromunda tech bases?)...

gallery_19254_1203_263031.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_208366.jpg

gallery_19254_1203_186571.jpg