London GT - Adeptus Custodes

Using the latest Chapter Approved points for Custodes, I plan on taking this to the next London GT.

Shieldhost - Shadowkeepers

Allarus Shield Captain

• Spear

• Obliteratum

• Warlord Trait - Lockwarden

• Victor of the Blood Games - Champion of the Imperium

• Bane of Abominations

Knight Centura

• Excruciatus

• Mistress of Persecution

Custodian Guard (×5)

• 3 Spears

• 2 Shields

Sagittarum (×3)

Prosecutors (×8)

Allarus Custodians (×5)

• Spears (all)

Contemptor Achillus

• 2× Twin Adrathic Destructors

Contemptor Achillus

• 2× Twin Adrathic Destructors

Vertus Praetors (×3)

• Salvo Launcher (all)

Witchseekers (×10)

Telemon Dreadnought

• Caestus

• Arachnus Storm Cannon

• Eternal Penitent

Total = 2000pts

I'm not sure if the Knight Centura should have a Great Blade and Voidscreen Cloak since melee happens a lot, however a range 15" flamer with AP-3 and 6 shots will assist the heavy flamers of the Witchseekers (after Purgation Sweep they're Heavy Flamers ;) )

Thanks, I think the Sisters provide a nice option to Custodes that covers some of their weaknesses - numbers and Psychic defence.

I would really love a Rhino. I could potentially drop some things around to squeeze one in for the Witchseekers and Knight Centura. The 3 extra Prosecutors, 1 Witchseeker (as I'd need the space in the Rhino anyway) nets me a spare 50pts which is a good way there.

However, the 1st turn reach of the squad is 6+7+D6+15 inches. That's 28" +D6! They can burn just about anything in the game eh.

It's a tough one really, as I would really like a Vexilla to protect the Allarus as well.

I mean, I could drop a Achillus of course but that does change a lot of the list. Is a Rhino and Vexilla worth the loss of one of the Dreads?

Thanks, I think the Sisters provide a nice option to Custodes that covers some of their weaknesses - numbers and Psychic defence.

I would really love a Rhino. I could potentially drop some things around to squeeze one in for the Witchseekers and Knight Centura. The 3 extra Prosecutors, 1 Witchseeker (as I'd need the space in the Rhino anyway) nets me a spare 50pts which is a good way there.

However, the 1st turn reach of the squad is 6+7+D6+15 inches. That's 28" +D6! They can burn just about anything in the game eh.

It's a tough one really, as I would really like a Vexilla to protect the Allarus as well.

I mean, I could drop a Achillus of course but that does change a lot of the list. Is a Rhino and Vexilla worth the loss of one of the Dreads?

For one dread loss you gain what almost 3 rhinos lol. It would be hilarious movement forcing and los blocking shenanigans but that's up to how your board looks and setup.

One of the Dreads is 180pts, for which I'd lose the anti-tank and melee capacity. In return I'd get a Vexilla and a Rhino if I drop a few spare Sisters.

It's tough to decide, as that Dread is cool and 3 is more scary than 2 by quite the magnitude. However, a -1 to hit on the Terminators thanks to the Vexilla and Rhino to tank shots for the Witchseekers works well.

So tough to decide.

Thanks for asking:

1) They look very Custodes in my mind.

2) They have AP-3 and still do very well against T4 targets.

3) Having access to both Slayers of Nightmares AND Rendax (Martial Discretion to use it when needed) means I should have the tools available when needed.

The biggest problem is when you come up against Invulnerable saves heavy units, when the benefit of the Spears stand over the axes.

However, I'm considering mixing them up in the Allarus squad! I built 2 with Spears already but recently had 5 Wardens chomping through Skarbrand and wounding on a 3+ rerollable was very very good compared to just a 4+.

I'm even tempted to take the whole squad as Axe wielding for something different in the army. Though a 3 Axes, 2 Spear unit is still good. After all, gives me options and still hitting power.