Harlequin Patrol Army list ...C&C and build advice please

MithrilForge

OK so i had a couple boxes of Harlequins tucked away for a few years until now, new Codex etc

This is solely what I have model wise, so the army is composed that way for a reason, I'd like advice on how to utilise it the best way i can...synergies etc.

It's by no means competitive, it is simply a fun army to paint up and play against friends with.

H.Q. - Troupe master

Troops - 2x 5 Troupes - i'm pretty sure I have one of each special weapon in there and at least 2x fusion pistols (I only used what was in the box)

Elite - 1x Death Jester

1x Solitaire

Fast attack - 1x unit of 2x skyweavers ( i have the passenger's with the Glaive and the main gun is Haywire Cannon) 

Heavy Support - 1x Voidweaver with prismatic cannon

* Question on the Void Weaver - Is the prismatic cannon ok to take ?...

Now i know it's very basic but it's all i have at the moment, i want to paint it all up and at least play with this for a start....

Any and all advice welcome on how to use?, what to not do :blush.:   etc !!   ...:biggrin.:

Cheers, Mithril

I've managed 1 game with the new dex and I'm a new player so please take this with that in mind. I'm sure those more experienced will have some good advice.

From what I am understanding is that there are some really good synergies out there. With what you've got I would suggest running a cc oriented with maybe a dark saedath (twilight is good also). 1 ap on all melee. fight on death. a strategy that removed overwatch and a WT which dishes out MW on a 5+.

You can equip one of each weapon in each troupe if 2 taken. or just go for one big one and kit them with kisses along with one caress and embrace. You only need one to trigger the strat for the unit

You can take the storied sword relic on the T master and the veiled King for a pivotal role. auto hit and auto 2+ wound. you could also give him an extra warlord trait a foot in the future to add 6 to charge rolls.

Death jester can be a character sniper. add rift ghoul pivotal role for extra MW on 4+ to wound.

solitaire auto 6 inch advance with thirsting darkness pivotal role

I think the prismatic cannon is a good choice but either is fine. I'm going to run this in my next game.

The skyweavers are good in this loadout too. As there just 2  they'll be good grabbing objectives and breaching lines etc.

As far as strats go I'm still learning.  Murderous spectacle, +1ap to all unit melee weapons, plus one of the specific weapon ones will do some work. Can also fight again too!

I'd recommend a transport or 2 if you want to expand.

Hope that helps!

Thanks man!,

it's helpful :thumbsup:  I know this forum is a little less travelled (Webway tumbleweeds can be seen from time to time) so thanks for taking the time to look & comment.

I will look at what you have suggested, Transports are in the future, but only after I have finished the army and played with it a bit :sweat:

Again thanks for the feedback ! 

Cheers, Mithril

Happy to help. Its good for me to get it into my head too. The game has so many moving parts I find it difficult to get my head around.

If it'll be of any use I can post the list I'll be running next. It's 1500 points and I'm using the light saedath. Closest to the Soaring Spite list I had previously.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Harlequins) [83 PL, 10CP, 1,498pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Saedath Characterisation: Light: Blaze of Light

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Treasures of the Aeldari [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Shadowseer [5 PL, 130pts]: 2. Fog of Dreams (Blessing), 3. Mirror of Minds (Witchfire), Mirror Architect, Neuro Disruptor

. Shadow Stone

Troupe Master [4 PL, -1CP, 105pts]: 3: A Foot in the Future, Aeldari Power Sword, Fusion Pistol, Player of the Light, Stratagem: Favoured of the Laughing God, Veiled King, Warlord

. The Storied Sword

Troupe Master [4 PL, 105pts]: Aeldari Power Sword, Fusion Pistol, Prince of Light (Aura)

+ Troops +

Troupe [9 PL, 90pts]

. Lead Player: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Blade

. Player w/ Blade

. Player w/ Fusion Pistol & Caress: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Caress

. Player w/ Harlequin's Embrace: Harlequin's Embrace

. Player w/ Harlequin's Kiss: Harlequin's Kiss

Troupe [9 PL, 90pts]

. Lead Player: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Blade

. Player w/ Blade

. Player w/ Fusion Pistol & Caress: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Caress

. Player w/ Harlequin's Kiss: Harlequin's Kiss

Troupe [9 PL, 103pts]

. Lead Player: Harlequin's Kiss, Shuriken Pistol

. Player w/ Blade

. Player w/ Harlequin's Caress: Harlequin's Caress

. 2x Player w/ Neuro Disruptor: 2x Harlequin's Blade, 2x Neuro Disruptor, 2x Plasma Grenades

+ Elites +

Death Jester [3 PL, 75pts]: Lord of Crystal Bones

Solitaire [6 PL, 130pts]: Prince of Sins

+ Fast Attack +

Skyweavers [8 PL, 165pts]

. Skyweaver: Skyweaver Haywire Cannon, Zephyrglaive

Skyweavers [8 PL, 165pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Voidweavers [10 PL, 180pts]

. Voidweaver: Prismatic Cannon

. Voidweaver: Prismatic Cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Starweaver [4 PL, 80pts]

Starweaver [4 PL, 80pts]

++ Total: [83 PL, 10CP, 1,498pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

My thoughts on this are;

2 x TMs and the 2 x 5 perosn troupes in the boats. 3 x fusion pistols each. Drive bys first turned then into melee. The warlord has auto hit and 2+wound in melee.

shadowseer with the 6 person troupe, solitaire and DJ in the middle. These get the psychic buffs. The shadow stone gives 3 inch to powers and auras. The pivotal role here has treat enemy weapon range as 6 inch further away.

The solitaire will be the traditional character killer.

The DJ will be sniping but its pivotal role turns off over watch.

The bikes will be harassing objective holders mid board then go to backline once enemy is thinned out. They maybe run as a 6 bike unit.

Voidweavers to kill heavy armour.

Whole army has unmodified 1-3 shot always missed from over 12inch away. Buffs well with shadowseers powers. Also can advance and still shoot.

I'll be going up against marines and chaos marines.

Since I have never played with them before :blush.: , Do you use  the Death Jester and Solitaire as a work together Combo in this format of forcing overwatch off a unit that the Solitaire is about to hit ?... 

I like your Bike's use, I had that in Mind when i got mine :thumbsup:  ... i just need more of them probably !! 

Cheers, Mithril

Tbh I've only played them a handful of times. This will be their first outing on a bigger board. I found that the manoeuvrability didn't count for a great deal on a smaller board, especially against other quick armies.

The bikes seemed to be an auto include but depends on your play style. Some are definitely useful.

The DJs role is definitely to counter overwatch and I will try to couple it with the solitaire. Mid game I'll be looking to get most troupes into combat I think so it'll come in handy.

I've seen a suggestion to get 2 or 3 bare bones DJs and put them in a transport each with a 5 strong troupe for mobile snipers. Only really works for the light saedath though.

That's helpful, My mate gave me a Death Jester he had in his cupboard as a gift when I told him my plans for a harlequin army, I didn't know I had one already at the time...then when I saw the spare I was left wondering what I'd need two for...Until now :wink.:

I must read up on the Rules this weekend and check out the Saedath's and get a feel for how they'd work in army builds.

Thanks for all the info and chat's so far. 

Mithril