Horus Heresy special edition Black book

If only they had announced it in any of the few months. Now I ordered a regular copy off ebay. I would probably have paid up for this and waited, if they had said it was coming.

I just hope this Black Book treatment means future releases will still get that treatment, the next campaign book for instance.

Edited by Taliesin

I can absolutely recommend never trying to play a game with a black book styled book unless you somehow own a lectern :D Have to give FW credit for releasing an electronic version actually given how unwieldy even the basic book is, hope we get the army books in that format too.

12 hours ago, Corswain said:

It's lovely but I can't justify that price for a duplicate book. If the box set had some sort of "collector's edition" that included it instead of the regular hardback I would have been all over it.

I had that thought as well, but after some mental gymnastics I managed to justify getting it as I can sell the X3 rulebooks from the box and then it'd only cost me £20ish

12 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I ordered one of these, and I really hope we will see more of them.  That said, what will now happen to the planned but unreleased HH Black Book X?

I imagine that'll get rolled into a future GW release. FW don't make rulebooks any more. Imperial Armour books got phased out, now the Heresy books will be GW

30 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

I like the look of this book but I'm a bit wary of the next edition making this redundant now that Heresy is one of the main three big systems. I have been stung by 40k limited edition books in the past and this could be replaced in a few years by HH3. It certainly looks nice though. 

I think the best attitude to take is that if you purchase any 40K limited edition codex/rule book, you are going to lose money on it.  They change too often due to new releases, and no one really collects outdated copies.  Only buy one if you are a collector.  Otherwise just buy the regular version to save costs.  

I buy imperial armour books (and they have definitely not lost money) and I buy the 7th Ed codexes (because I can't be bothered learning 8th/9th and it's the same as heresy v1) 

I've got this so it matches the other black books, which is why I assume they've released it. 

But yeah don't go thinking it'll keep its value in a few years. 

On 6/26/2022 at 1:12 PM, Lord Marshal said:

If we knew that Libers/future supplements would have special editions in this style I'd grab it, but without that it'd just look odd as someone who only owns a few of the hardback BBs. 

It does hint quite strongly that more of these Black Book style releases will come. They could have dropped it entirely so this being done is encouraging.

As usual, news would be welcome.