Deathwatch Team Conversion WIP

Zgar

They are looking great so far. :wink:

Love the prpoer use of the M 40's and the DW Icon.

One nitpick though.The Heavy Bolter is standard issue.DW Kill Teams use Heavy Bolters with Suspensors and Drum Mags.An easy conversion if you get your hands on the SM Scout box.

Looking forward to seeing them painted. :P

wooo more deathwatch :wink: nice simple yet effective conversions on these, as dannek said the use of the official deathwatch bitz really improves any deathwatch model. I do think maybe some added character to each marine would help, maybe either make each one more chapter specific (like dannek did with his) or maybe adjust poses to make them all look more like theyre doing specific things. One idea you might like to work with is the idea that the left arm is meant to be very ornate, get some greenstuff and add the gauntlet etc. anyway after seeing your smurfs I cant wait to see them painted

:P

Ali

Good to see some more deatwatch floating around. Like Danek and Ali said, the use of the metal bitz add more to the models. I agree that they would stand out more if they each had some more character to them, other than that they look sweet.

This has inspired me to start my DW over again and add some different conversions and such to them. This will be after I get a job of course. :wink:

another thing to consider is that deathwatch have true grit, it would make sense to add close combat weapons to all models that do not already have one, mainly for WYSIWYG, but also for cool factor :wink:

another thing you might consider is using appropiate helmetless heads wherever you can, for a deathwatch kill team i think this can really help as any model without helmet has more character.

on another shameless note, woo i'll have pix of my newly converted truescale deathwatch kill team up soon. Maybe in some way they might act as some food for thought. again Kudos on the nice models so far

:cuss ant? my god didnt think you frequented these forums nowadays... hmm need help truescaling minis? why not just bring them to my place, Ive shown you how to do it before though. Also if you go to the tutorial section and search for true scale tutorial theres the one that i used there (though like todd ive since bulked up legs etc.)

Archived