New Scouts vs. Old scouts

still havent seen the new plastic scouts next to the old metal ones (which i use) yet. wondering how they look side by side? could a squad be combined between the new plastics and old metals and have all members look proportional to one another? thanks -Z

Old ones are beautiful, have nice proportions and good movement. They also look human.

New ones are ugly as go tsao de, but easily converted. They look like Jay Leno, which is not human.

So, no, I'd stay away from mix'n'match and rather get one of each of the old ones.

While the new scouts may present more/easier conversion opportunities, their faces and heads look like a new step was added to the creation of a space marine. Namely the addition of a multi-jaw.

They look like Jay Leno, as mentioned earlier.

i'm working on a true scale toot at the moment (inspired by Blindhamster),

just shaving the jaw down a little works wonders and just adding between 0.5mm and 0.75 mm to the neck looks good (filled in with GS)

but more on that soon :)

DM :angry:

From what ive seen of the plastic models and what i have seen of the metal scouts, i know id definitely lean towards the look of the metal scouts. Sure they are a pain to convert and paint, but the new scouts, have a weird awkwardness to them (excluding the issue of their chin).

However, given a lil work, the metal scouts can still be re-posed and with the plastic cadian stuff, simple plastic replacements can be found and most folk have a few blobs of GS around.

However, i must admit, plastic scouts ARE tempting :)

Detail wise, the old ones have a lot more bling, more wrinkles and sharper details. The plastics have quite a bit of large 'flat' areas. The neck and details can be fixed with some work. The plastics do offer more conversion opportunities though. Mixing and matching IMHO shouldnt be too much of a problem... but work has to be done to make them all look... equal haha.

Archived