Female Wolf Lord WIP

Bigdog

I'm normally not too keen on some of the female Sapce Marines I've seen around before, but I'm glad that's been changing as of late. That's a nice looking model you've got there. Is that a Lahmian Vampire head that you've used there by any chance? Never would have thought to use that... :yes:

Okay my comments, I like the model, but don't agree with the thunder hammer. It should be a power sword or even a axe.

So what if the marine is a Valkyrie.... get over it and your all male marine fluff.. :yes:

Cool. My question is, apart from overemphasising the fact that the character is a woman, why does the chestplate have breasts?

Because it looks really kewl to show off bodily features? Just look at Roman centurions and officers, who had their entire chestplate made to resemble Peter André's torso, and in shining bright golden colour as well!

I think he means why does the armour torso need to have breasts on the outside when there should easily be enough room inside to accommodate the womans breasts anyway.

Even though it is a Space Wolf (lol) I really like it.

The GS is superb, and the attention to detail is awesome.

I can't wait to see some paint on it, and, unless I missed it, do you have a name for her yet?

Pulse Posted Today, 12:09 AM

I think he means why does the armour torso need to have breasts on the outside when there should easily be enough room inside to accommodate the womans breasts anyway.

I'd have to disagree here, the brestplate only just fits the male marines, so some room wold have to be made. Also, looking at the PA SoB models, there is a precedent(sp?) for breast pieces on PA.

Nice model, and on the fluff thing while it has always said that Marines have to be male that only has to apply to pure geneseeds, the SW already have some mutations, the geneseed working with women could be another.

While it has been mentioned that SW are typical Alpha males I think that they would be willing to fight alongside anyone who is up to it

My question is, apart from overemphasising the fact that the character is a woman, why does the chestplate have breasts?

Um . . . . I dunno really. I know that historically females didn't have differently shaped armour but in this case it just felt that it would look better for the model. If I'd sculpted a normal (ie flat) chest plate she'd probably just look like another hairy bloke and in a SW army filled with hairy blokes, she wouldn't stand out enough to be noticeable.

Does that make any sense??

<_<

I don't know if any of you guys have seen this, but Stefan Darlan made a squad depicting Odin and Valkyries as his command squad.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this in the White Dwarf. I hadn't realised from the picture that they were female when I saw it originally but now you mention it, it does seem a bit obvious. I do like it. It's a really stunning piece of work.

Is that a Lahmian Vampire head that you've used there by any chance?

Yup. I couldn't find another female head with fangs and I'm not good enough to sculpt them on.

Excellent mini, BigDog. I never would have thought to use the lahimian head because it has fangs, that's brilliant.

The GS work is top-knotch, and the chest armor is very appropriate. 40K is about being exaggerated and over the top. (Why else would models have pistols the size of rifles? :teehee: )

A female marine has to look female from several feet away, so some exaggeration is necessary. At least your model isn't wearing garter belts and corsets like the Sisters of Battle. :pinch:

Don't worry about the Nay-sayers. You have made a unique and individualistic model, and that's better then a thousand of their mundane models built straight out of the box.

What we need to do is have your wolves fight my Black Widows.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h261/DoctorThunder/DSC00543.jpg

That would be a good game. :P

My personal opinon is that female marines would be pretty much indistinguishable from the males (in armour at least...) due to the amount of hormones they get. Look at women bodybuilders, they only wear bras out of habit after a certain level...

But space marines aren't body builders Female marines would be more like the fitness types which combine strength agility and stamina the still have a definitive form as female.

Exactly. Catachans have much larger arms then Marines. In science fiction, strength does not equal bulk.

I don't think any self-respecting Wolf would take orders from a woman.

The idea that marines wouldn't accept orders from a woman is just stupid. Marines will accept orders from anyone who has earned their respect, no matter what their gender is.

Theory behind it was that no-one ever said that women couldn't become Space Marines and I figured with the SW being more individual than most they are probably more likely to accept one. Just wondering what you think?

Umm, I thought the incredibly well established fluff was that only males could be Space Marines? I'd say almost every one says that women cant be females, not no-one. Also, Space Wolves whilst some what unique in their ways... I dunno, a Woman Warrior just doesn't seem to fit in with the the culture. Space Wolves are typical Alpha Males, drinking brawling, fighting, telling tales. I don't feel they would accept a woman unless she could out drink and out fight the vast majority of them (maybe something to work into the fluff for your mini)

All that being said, I LIKE the mini. The green stuff work looks good and I think you have executed the pose etc very well. One thought though is the bust, if you look at most female pro athletes or at least the Ultra fit, more often than not their breast size is inversely proportional to their fitness. That is to say, a Superfit female Space Marine is probably not likely to be large busted. Something to think of if you make another similar mini. Looking fwd to seeing it painted up

Took the words right out of my mouth. Horrible fluff, amazing conversion. :)

Because breasts are cool...

Hence, the model is cool.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

(whoooooooops... missed the whole second page.... I was replying to some other post a ways back... excuse the non sequitor)

I don't think it matters you made a good first point so it applies anywhere :D HAHA

hmmm i think i posted here yesterday...was along the lines of what stella cadente poested :)

aanyways, nice model :) im sure you can find some way to make the model fluffy, and if people moan about it beeing fluffy...welll....its your army, if you want to convert a female hq model for your army thats your decision :)

Well that's her painted. I had a bit of bother differentiating the various parts of the model because I was using a pretty limited palette, hence the heavy blacklining. Not quite as fine as I'd have liked but it's the first mini I've painted in about 4 years so maybe it'll take me a while to get back into the swing of things.

Hope you like it.

med_gallery_26205_1090_197102.jpg

med_gallery_26205_1090_656400.jpg

med_gallery_26205_1090_198420.jpg

I don't think any self-respecting Wolf would take orders from a woman.

Some Inquisitors are females and they command grey knights...

she looks cranky :lol: wouldnt want to be near her when she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed :ermm:

unless you were on that side of the bed, if you know what I mean <_< !

anyhow, great model, and congrats at being creative. Regardless whether fluff says that marines can be females or not, I don't think it matters from a modelling purpose. She looks good, and that's what modelling is all about.

Finally a female marine which has been well done!

Good call on using regular Marine armour as it ties the model in with the regular soldiers, rather then making her stand out like a man on fire.

Well done on this model. Goes to show female marines do not need slim, tight fitting armour, to be called female marines. ;)

The fenrisans use shield maidens, it makes mention of them in the fluff.

I used the sisters of battle canoness as a shield maiden for my wolf lord.

in game terms she is a counts as model for a fenrisian wolf.

the canoness works well cause she already has a fur topped cloak.

i gave her a SM backpack and used her sword hand, removed the

bolt pistol from her other hand and added a shield.

it got great reviews form other SW players.

Shield Maiden

hope you like her

• 3 years later...
I think that you've done a great job here converting your own model. I plan on making a DIY chapter to use the SW book, and it will feature "Valkyries" to count as Skyclaws. Let not the naysayers bother you, it's your army.

Just ran across the thread. Before I make comment about the model, just something I would like to point out to all those who have said "Why can't you have female space marines?" or something to that effect.

If you read the Index Astartes book one, under the article "Creation of a Space Marine" it specifically states that the entire process of creating a Space Marine was developed around the changes that occur in a male body when he goes through puberty. The Process wouldn't work on a 20 year old male for instance.

That being said, from where I sit such fluff has no bearing what so ever on the models or the game itself. Who said she's actually a Space marine? Maybe she's just THAT BASS @$$ that she's stronger, tougher, faster and a better fighter then most men. What's the historical concept about women performing in military? 'They have be twice as good as the men to be seen half as often' or something to that effect.

Now, with all of that being said, I like that model! While I can defiantly understand the 'realism' in stating that a woman as built as she would need to be would probably have a considerably small bust size then another woman, how would you tell the difference between a realistic sculpted woman in power armor and a normal power armor equipped Space Wolf?

Long hair: Yep, Wolves have that.

Earrings: Yep, Wolves have 'em.

Necklace: Yep, Wolves have that.

Wears a skirt? Frankly, I don't think it'd be out of character to see a Space Wolf wearing a Kilt.

So about the only option you've got left to distinguish a Female Power Armored Individual and a Male would be a bear or bear stubble, and that would only be viable about 50% of the time. I mean come on. How many Stellar Puppies have the long flowing golden locks but no beard?

Okay, Lemme put my soap box away real quick.

I like the model a lot. The Wolf Pelts are well done. You did a good job with making the model a female, but not giving her a flashing Neon sign saying "HEY I'M A WOMAN!" with an arrow pointing down.

That being said, from where I sit such fluff has no bearing what so ever on the models or the game itself. Who said she's actually a Space marine? Maybe she's just THAT BASS @$$ that she's stronger, tougher, faster and a better fighter then most men. What's the historical concept about women performing in military? 'They have be twice as good as the men to be seen half as often' or something to that effect.

Uhhhh, He said she was a female Wolf Lord, or did you miss the thread title?

Good Model, it's a mile above the normal Female SM conversions.

Archived