Female Wolf Lord WIP

Bigdog

ok first of all if you havent seen where women cant be space marines...you havent been reading the fluff very closely. secondly i love how people always assume that a female space marine would been some anime xena warrior princess with massive titties. think about for a moment exactly how athletic a space marine is imagine american gladiators on steroids. if a female space marine were to exist, she would be practically indistinguishable from a male one. i know its a grizzly thought but you really just have to face facts on this one(or stick to the sisters of battle) cough*cough* who said that? anyway the one instance in which the idea of a large breasted feminine looking space marine might work would be within the ranks of the emperors children because it is entirely possible in my mind for a male space marine to be so mutated by "she who thirsts" that he would grow boobs as well as (any other neccesary equipment) but its kind of diffrent. anyway the models fine i guess...whatever.

ok first of all if you havent seen where women cant be space marines...you havent been reading the fluff very closely. secondly i love how people always assume that a female space marine would been some anime xena warrior princess with massive titties. think about for a moment exactly how athletic a space marine is imagine american gladiators on steroids. if a female space marine were to exist, she would be practically indistinguishable from a male one. i know its a grizzly thought but you really just have to face facts on this one(or stick to the sisters of battle) cough*cough* who said that? anyway the one instance in which the idea of a large breasted feminine looking space marine might work would be within the ranks of the emperors children because it is entirely possible in my mind for a male space marine to be so mutated by "she who thirsts" that he would grow boobs as well as (any other neccesary equipment) but its kind of diffrent. anyway the models fine i guess...whatever.

1- I'm sure EVERYONE and, their brother, mother, land lord, and your ex-girlfriend's dogwalker know that the fluff says "no female" marines. I'm not sure that telling anyone this over and over makes their female space marine models not exist.

2- I DO agree she would have to be 90s she-hulk like you said. BUT If she looked just like a regular space marine what would the point be of making a female space marine? I mean, if everyone already knows that there are "only boy marines" wouldn't they need a lot more than a HINT that this was a girl? I mean look at those goliath models GW came out with for Necromunda.

One of those Jueves is a girl, if you can figure out which it probably took you too long and you just assumed she was a guy.

3- "Hey you like girls in power armor? Play sisters!" That would be fine, unless you still wanted all the beakie goodies B) Like having a real wargear section, and 35pt rhinos and free missile launchers...

4- I like this sculpt keep up the good work, if you happen to need some "inspiration" possibly for more models

<cough> http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...190350&st=0

Will you guys back off! Seriously, it's Bigdog's model, he can do whatever the hell he likes with it!

Remember it's a hobby about an imaginary world, things don't have to be exactly like they are in this universe, hell, if the emperor existed here people would just think him a crazy man on steroids in a shiny suit.

By all means be fluff addicts if you like but don't rage at other people when they try to be creative and unique with they're armies.

Personally I love the model and see no reason why it should be wiped from history by guys like The Flexing and popkhorne

I'm not going to say anything about the possibility/impossibility of female Space Marines, as this particular topic has nothing to do with that. The subject is a model that I personally find to be an excellent miniature. I have to ask where you got the head, it is one of the best female heads I have seen.

sure its a modelling forum but the only thing that really seperates warhammer from other miniature war games is its fluff. if something is totally prohibited by the fluff and you dont have the drive to invent a realisitc way for it to work then thats pretty lame. by all means model what you will its your army. but i dont see why people think its some protest to disobey the fluff. people follow it because it is the heart and soul of warhammer the game itself is fun but what makes warhammer, warhammer is the storyline. besides sisters of battle were included purely to satisfy the desire of some to have female marines(obviously).

I agree with Sersi. A sweet model Bigdog. One that you should be prowd of. And maybe its me, but her face sems to be saying:

"Who are you calling a girl, fluff boy!"

Keep up the conversions. It would be great to see her leading an army of Wolf Brothers and Sisters.

Fluff is meant to be a guide not a straight jacket. What's important hear is that this is one sweet model.

Incorrect I'm afraid, it's a guide for your hobby only. The background of 40k is very rich as it what makes 40k, 40k; if you where to start changing the core fluff it then ceases to be 40k and becomes something else. For example if you where to put machine guns, star destroyers and White Stars into Star Trek it ceases to be Star Trek and becomes something completely different, it's the same with 40k. Background in anything is never a guide is a predefined or unwritten rule book of the universe which makes it what it is.

As for the whole marine gender thing. It's your models you can do what you like but in turn expect to receive comment regarding the subject.

In 40k "true universe" there are no female space marines, fact!

In thread owners version of "40k universe" there are, and if he wants them to be then that's fine by me; just as long he doesn't insist there are female marines in "true 40k universe" ;)

Hope this puts a more reasonable perspective on the whole thing.

As for the model, good green stuffing but at the end of the day at first glance you can't really tell it's a female. On closer inspection it's then clear, but I think this is the reason that just giving normal marine models some breasts and long hair doesn't work all that well. Generally women are more graceful then men and for me this doesn't come across with this model. And this it the problem with female marines using the current marine components, I thing the posters green stuffing skills are good enough to attempt a redesign of the current power armour, to try and make it more female rather than it's current "it's definitely designed for a male to wear" look. Hence sister power armour look more graceful and delicate.

I

Archived