Adeptus Custodes

Next steps. Still some deatils to do, then i'll make better pics. Promised.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0093.jpg

I love that tank now

:blink: Ieeek.

Are some of these based on the Custodes from White Dwarf 300?

Hmmm, i dnt know, i only have the german editions, and even there just some. Do you have pics?

@all

Thanks. :lol:

in lack of words.... simply awsome and somwhat awstruck there.... cool as hell to be honest and the paint is realy nice there from that picture of judging... cant wait to see a better pic and id love to see more of the throne and the guardians by its side in a close upp if that would be possible to ask ? :blink:

cheers on a realy nice work there mate :lol:

Sooooho - today i did the first side door painting.

Usually not finished, but its 2 in the morning, i have to work tomorrow, and i'm lacking time even more till the skull throne tourney.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0099-3.jpg

By the way - its Horus.

Sooooho - today i did the first side door painting.

Usually not finished, but its 2 in the morning, i have to work tomorrow, and i'm lacking time even more till the skull throne tourney.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0099-3.jpg

By the way - its Horus.

Just so you know its pretty obvious, your rendering is very acurate :) .

Awesome work! I haven't seen Custodes this good for awhile (last ones were in an ancient white dwarf). I have to say they're pure beauty and after seeing them I must recommend something to you; Tales of Heresy....... besides all the other great stories it features there is one in particular you should check out and that one story is Blood Games. Blood Games is all about the custodes and it gets really up close and personal with what they do and even some of their daily/monthly/yearly routines.

@ Battle Brother Mecharius

Tales of Heresy....... besides all the other great stories it features there is one in particular you should check out and that one story is Blood Games. Blood Games is all about the custodes and it gets really up close and personal with what they do and even some of their daily/monthly/yearly routines.

Well thank you very much. I didn't know that one. And i always found it hard to find good info.

Is it a novel or short story or something? And where can i get it from?

And please let me aska gain: has anyone seen those mysterious WD custodes in the net somewhere?

I'd love to see them.

@ Terrible_Trygon

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Horus only used his black suit of termie armour after his enlightenment...

Mehhh... lets just say, its a very very visionary door. B)

The doors of perception. :lol:

Well, the point is that i do not know, what army my threadmates here meant... :-D

If we are all talking about the Dave Taylor minis, then i know them - they have also been on the gw site for quite a time.

Dont get me wrong, they are surely not bad.

But i can clearly say i like mine better. They are not just relatively easy stock bits conversions but sculpts, are true scale, more detailed, and closer to the Adrian Smith Artworks. And i wont even start talking about painting.

Definitely Adrian Smith and the Horus Heresy artworks where my primary inspiration in every respect !

Compared to what can be seen in several of the hobby threads in this Forum for example, i honestly think the Taylor army is not top notch.

Correct me if i'm wrong on that.

But i can clearly say i like mine better. They are not just relatively easy stock bits conversions but sculpts, are true scale, more detailed, and closer to the Adrian Smith Artworks. And i wont even start talking about painting.

Compared to what can be seen in several of the hobby threads in this Forum for example, i honestly think the Taylor army is not top notch.

Correct me if i'm wrong on that.

So not only are you insulting Dave Taylors work, but you're the message you're putting accross is altho you think its bad, you also think its good on comparison to other people's work on here...

Does anyone else find this offensive? I know I do.

He's saying he's seen better work on this website. I'm not offended, and I don't think he was insulting Dave Taylor's work either. It's A.) an opinion, and B.) he just said he doesn't think it's hands down the best. Deal with it.

@Nuss - Great work as always. Amazing freehand to boot!

<_<

Its not meant as an insult to Mr. Taylor, why should it be?

All i'm saying is that even just in the B&C, not to mention any other forum, many armies or respective work can be found, that is better sculpted, better painted, or both. But one could say that about my armies too, its no insult to me either. Its just objectively plain true. Wanna hear names? Lunchbox is painting WAY better than i can, Doghouse does better sclpts than me. But thats no reason to cry, its a reason to try to improve.

2 Custodes armies are just easier to compare mini to mini, & tank to tank.

So, sorry if i'm sounding rude, but i think we are all old enough. I have the same respect for Mr Taylor in person than i have for everyone else. His custodes army is good, but could be better and i can find 10 on here in a minute, that would deserve a WD feature more.

I believe the reason Taylor's army was a WD feature is because it was one of the first. There are better done custodes armies now, but a lot of them were inspired from seeing Taylor's. Not saying yours is though, and i do agree that it is a better representation.

Well, enough dick comparison, i guess.

I started away from the Adrian Smith Artworks, and still like his work the most from all artworks around.

On we go, to get the darnn army fit till Friday:

did the beginning of Sculpts for 4 more Custodes, that need to get finished this week, and started painting half past 11pm ;)

Second door - the unknown astartes:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0002.jpg

The Throne - no time for more fancyness - i'll add up the deatils if i find the time:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0005-1.jpg

And the second banner in a unfocused pic ^_^ ; the first one shows the emperors face

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0007.jpg

Archived