Adeptus Custodes

Wow those jetbikes are in the words of Murray Walker:

FAAAANTASTIC! ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

amazing jetbikes. I think now would be a good time for a group shot!

Agreed, let's see the whole army put together. I just hope my head won't explode from the sheer awesomeness of the models (and the fact I've lost so much body fluid from drooling at your exquisite modelling).

Cambrius

Oh, nice to read you like the Jetbikes. ;)

Today i did a mini i recently got and i consider a really astonishing model:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0353-1.jpg

She'll be played as an assasin as you can imagine. Not power armoured, i know. ^_^

But she just fits soooo nice with the custodes.

A dreadnought would be cool.

Your wish is my command.

you planning on making any more or is 3 enough?

Mhhh.. having a thing you cant really use 3 times is enough i guess.

I think now would be a good time for a group shot!
Agreed, let's see the whole army put together.

Ok, i'll add army shots asap.

As many others have said, AMAZING. Wow, and I thought I was creative and chopped up a tech servitor slapped on a tomb kings sword arm, and skeleton head and called it an eversor assassin..... <_<

Great work...

Fluffwise tho, could a custodes kick an primarchs arse? or not really? Is the armor the custodes use like power armor? Just wondering as I really never found too much fluff on them.

Again, awesome work, that inspires me to actually paint my models..... <_<

Here's the desired group shot.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0371-1.jpg

Guess you could start calling that an army.

Fluffwise tho, could a custodes kick an primarchs arse? or not really?

Nope, for sure not.

A custodian is worth a bit more than a marine, but by far not a primarch.

Is the armor the custodes use like power armor?

The custodes armor itself is lighter and thinner than power armor. Fluffwise the protection comes from a force field in the helmet. Thats why they look so coneheaded.

I think you could use a titan, but other than that.. Some kinda larger tank. Perhaps a baneblade? I dunno the imperial history in detail, but its an old one, so it would seem feasable.. plus think of all the stuff you could do to it

Hope that size is suficient:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0374-1.jpg

Photobucket resizes anything larger than this... :P

I took it with more than 2000 pixels width. There you can see every single face.

If anyone knows a side where larger pics are allowed, let me know.

I think you could use a titan, but other than that.. Some kinda larger tank. Perhaps a baneblade?

It would have to be something that i can use in any game, not just apocalypse or with permission.

I am assuming those halberds were mail-ordered?

Wrong assumption. I use a Q-Tip, a Bolter and a blade.

But you could mail-order the GK halberds, i guess.

May I ask what bits/models you used to make that beautiful assassin?

Thats easy. You can order her exactly like you see her here.

I would not recommend that for usual marines, cause shes in a 54mm system size and needs truesized minis beside her to shine.

Its acually the only mini in the army thats not converted or handmade.

Saying that makes me wanna create an own one...

Thats easy. You can order her exactly like you see her here.

So were you being coy? Where did the mini come from? I think I would be more inclined to try and scratch build one, but still, it is an amazing model

So here are some WIP shot of the next unit.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0379.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0378.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0377.jpg

It's designed after the pictures of pre heresy dreadnoughts. If anybody knows other models of ph Dreads, i'd love to see them. But they must be damn rare.

I decided to model tl hBolters, because all illustrations i could find show that loadout. But in gamimg terms u guess i will play it "counts as lascan" or will even do excangeable weapons.

The gold stuff is nearly done, but he will get green claws and much details in silver all over. One more day of work and thats it.

What do you think if him?

Do you like the style of the model?

Do you identify it beeing a dread?

Do you imagine a good name?

Anyway, my Adeptus Custodes army is nearing completion soon.

@ Honda

I got the assassin as a present, so i dont know exactly where to buy one. She was not planned after all, i even built an own version of an eversor by converting a mastermime, but i just love that gal.

Seeing this army as whole, really makes my envious. A beautiful army you have their :cuss

The dread is well made as always but I have to admit that I didn't recognize it as such. It looks more like a large termie or something.

I think the main problem are the legs, they are not bulky enough. Also the pose is not "heavy" enough. Don't know how to better describe it. I think what makes a dread is a slightly lumbering look. The torso already has this but I feel the legs need to be changed.

I'm not familiar with the art you draw your inspiration from but I believe that this custodes army is similar inspired. Maybe the two dreads at the bottom of this page are of some help to you.

Nice work on the dred.

My only suggestions are shortening the thigh bits or plating them up. It actually does really ring quite true to the Horus Heresy art work-the red on the bolters is also a pretty snazzy choice.

Also: if you want to post larger shots I can host a few-shoot me a PM if youre interested.

Archived