Chaos Math

Gold Raven

Hmmm... the Auditors of Doom thing has made me really really really want to make some rules up for the Auditors of Reality (Discworld), make some konvershuns, and then skill send them to a dakkary dakkary (or possibly 'eds on ma point stick) death.

Hah, I fell foul to my own slander. I'll never live this one down. I must take the only honourable way out: take twenty skulls to appease Khorne, enjoy myself excessively whilst doing it to appease Slaanesh, dump the rotting carcasses in water supplies and spread disease to appease nurgle, which will then cause mass hysteria which will appease Tzeentch, who will then claim I am his unwilling puppet.

• 3 weeks later...
But you said that the Imperial Fists were the holiest legion because they were the 7th legion, but that makes Nurgle the holiest god because his number is seven. So that would make the Death Guard the holiest Chaos legion because they solely follow Nurgle and are Nurgle's greatest minions. Go Death Guard! :sweat:

You want a real conspiracy? Hows this: In ancient hebrew, the number 666 was represented by... www.

Look at any webpage address and you see.....

www.

:pinch:

(Reaches for tinfoil hat and survival supplies...)

I mentioned this one further up the thread, however there have apparently been some sources that have suggested that originally the number was 616.

XaroX - as a maths student you'll know that many things depend on your choice of definition. For a long time the majority opinion was that 1 was the first prime but the last century saw the balance swing in favour of 2. However some are still loyal to 1 (it's our very own little Heresy).

(I was a maths & physics student at university but eventually they gave me a degree and sent me off to get a real job :teehee: )

You are right about the devils number being in fact 616. They found what looks like the original Book of Revelations that said the number was 616. Also 6+1+6=13. 13 is an unlucky number. It is also the day I was born, Friday 13 July, so not completely unlucky lol.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just finished reading A Thousand Sons a few days ago and can't help but resurrect this thread. Magnus and the rest of the 1KS spend about 10% of the book just going on and on about the relationships between shapes and numbers.

Ahriman spots Mortarion taking 28 steps to the podium in chapter nineteen. 4 times Nurgle's chaos number and 2 times the Death Guard Legion's number.

The starting chapter on Nikaea just happens to be #18 itself, which is double the number of Tzeentch.

Amon, Magnus' first companion on Prospero, just happens to be the Captain of the 9th fellowship. Amon says little throughout the book, but seems constantly present and serves as an observer, even more so than the remembrancers. Amon is also the name of a deity, a demon, and a king in various parts of human history. Makes me wonder if the fellow might just be Tzeentch, or an individual aspect, in a mortal disguise

Magnus' story in chapter 17 is particularly interesting. As he goes about cataloging the rocks of the fallen statue, I couldn't help but think of an experiment that I'd heard of a long time ago. If you were to take a bag of 100 marbles, spill them out onto the floor, you could easily find the shape of any person in history by choosing a particular angle and excluding some marbles while highlighting others.

Another one just now: Ahriman finds 1242 members of the 1KSons at the end of the book. The sum of those digits is 9, and is furthermore divisible perfectly by 9 to make 138. 138 has prime factors of 2, 3, and 23, which is just plain weird.

I just wanted to add I love this thread.

Was it you that said:

The Dark Founding (13th) was 6+7

The Cursed Founding (21st) was 6+7+8

Then that would suggest the 30th Founding is going to be a doozy (6+7+8+9)

My birthday is 8/8/1979 The obvious is the two 8's and my loyalty to Khorne. However, if you add all the numbers up you get 42

I just wanted to add I love this thread.

Was it you that said:

The Dark Founding (13th) was 6+7

The Cursed Founding (21st) was 6+7+8

Then that would suggest the 30th Founding is going to be a doozy (6+7+8+9)

My birthday is 8/8/1979 The obvious is the two 8's and my loyalty to Khorne. However, if you add all the numbers up you get 42

My Birthday 26/8/1975 26+8+1+9+7+5 = 56 / 7 = 8 Which is Khorne's number, my favourite Chaos God.

However, 2+6+8+1+9+7+5 = 38 / 9= 4.2(recurring) or 42 :)

RagingGriffon's birthday, by Julian date, would be 220. Aquilanus' would be 238. Neither of you were born in a leap year, or the date would be one higher.

My own Julian birthday is 186, the sum of which just happens to be the Thousand Son's Legion number. Hardly coincidental.

Just for fun, lets apply the Fibonacci Sequence numbers to the Legions:

1. Dark Angels

2. ???

3. Emperor's Children

5. White Scars

8. Night Lords

13. Ultramarines

If we exclude #2, we have another roughly 50/50 split if you divide the Dark Angels in half.

Now, if we use the Lucas Number list instead of the DaVinci based list, we get a very different sequence:

2. ???

1. Dark Angels

3. Emperor's Children

4. Iron Warriors

7. Imperial Fists

11. ???

18. Salamanders

Here we see a much more precise split, one that includes both of the expunged legions, 2 loyalist, 2 chaos, and one divided legion.

With regards to the Dark Angels: in Pascal's Triangle, the first and last number are always 1. The 7th line of Pascal's Triangle, the line furthest down that still contains legion numbers, we get the Dark Angels, Space Wolves (6), Thousand Sons (15) and Alpha Legion (20).

I may have to look into a few more numeric patterns. There's certainly no shortage of them out there.

Alpha legion: Only legion that had 2 primarchs. Alpharius and Omegon is from greek alphabet, which has 24 letters.

And some numbers from Biblical mythology: 3 is generaly considered as number of God, 4 as a number of man, 7 not only as a number of perfection but also Jesus which is considered to by fusion of God and man: 3+4.

Archived