The Dominus Ex Machina

HEY GUYS!

I too have been on hols in the south of france- been checking in to see what has been happening though!

As I painted both sets of titans for the resin kings, I would recomend the Wargriffons- they are beautiful in their originality even these days, and I was not happy with the carapace as it is such a wide flat area of the red dude, it is VERY hard to make look good while keeping in scale (28mm).

The wargriffons will allow flexability of a 3 colour pallet- grey, yellow(mustard) and blue detailing.

Still need to see pics of the crew!!! keep up the great work lads

cheers

Warhound

(if you need other choices, I am sure that I can dig out about another 6 schemes from the codex titanicus days)

Thanks for all of your replies guys, it’s great to have your support in this huge undertaking :teehee:

Best of Luck! Do not underestimate the task at hand, It will gobble up more hours than you may think (I know what I'm talking about here...)

Thanks, I’m beginning to realize just that now when I did some further, more detailed, work on the green toe…

I like the middle toe...looks goooooooooooooooooood. Where the hell have you been hiding?

Thanks, I’ve been bussy painting Death Korps of Krieg, I’ve recently graduated and am looking for work and also I’ve been commission painting a lot lately. So in short, I haven't been painting power armour in a while and thus I have been away from the B&C for a while. I hope to be able to return to painting some Phantom marines after this beast is done though.

Many thanks for your generous offer warhound, it’s great to get support from someone as experienced with Titans as yourself. But you know what, I really like this green scheme, plus it's easy and fast to do so I think I'm going to go for it. I added scratches, proper rust and cleaned up some areas to it and I'm very satisfied. I took a bunch o' pictures but most looked really bad since I had to do with poor lighting and it's too late for me here to take new ones. But here's the one that came out somewhat good (and shows a brass etched eagle from forge world that has been added to either side of the large toe):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Titan-toe-green.jpg

I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow, this will have to do until then. Oh and about the crew... well I messed up I think, I went with too dark colours so I'll try to brighten them up a bit. My biggest concern with them are their helmets, may I be so bold and ask how you painted them for your Marspattern Titan warhound? I’d very much appreciate any hints or tips concerning their painting.

Hey, no probs.

For the helmets, in general, I think that all I did was a tin bitz dry brush, highlghted up to shining gold/ mithiril with a chestnut and brown ink glaze to shade- quite easy really;-)

I do like the green hue that you have gone with, it is nice and cleanly painted, with great damage going on. What I (personally) would like to see is some white areas on parts of the titan as a whole (maybe heraldry quarters or halves?) this will contrast with the quite dark tone and give areas of interest. Also, if you were to do this, what tertiary colour would you have to colour the insignia/ legion logo? This is just me being all GD, but I am quite enthused to see this project be all that it can be!;-)

Get some shots of the crew up so that we can all see whats going down?

cheers dudes!

I do like the green hue that you have gone with, it is nice and cleanly painted, with great damage going on. What I (personally) would like to see is some white areas on parts of the titan as a whole (maybe heraldry quarters or halves?) this will contrast with the quite dark tone and give areas of interest. Also, if you were to do this, what tertiary colour would you have to colour the insignia/ legion logo? This is just me being all GD, but I am quite enthused to see this project be all that it can be!;-)

Thanks for the tips, I will have details picked out in black/white I think (like the insignias that Freak Forge has sketched up) and will possibly be adding some brighter colours where I find it appropriate to do so (the hydrualics will be quite bright for example). And then, Freak Forges work will also be quite brightly coloured, parchment for the rolls with text on them and generally bright colours to make them catch your eye.

I'll re-paint the crew and have pictures of them uploaded as soon as I can (if all goes the way I want they will be finished later today)

And an other picture of the other side of the toe:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Titan-toe-green-2.jpg

Thanks Doghouse :rolleyes:

As promised, the moderatii:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/Moderatii.jpg

I think I'm going to paint the gloves of the moderatii closest to the camera in a brighter colours, brown maybe? What do you think?

Comments and critizism most welcome.

looking GREAT!

Very nice job on the moderati! very clean job and coherent. My only concern is - have you glued them in (princeps included)? if so, I do not envy you painting the rest of the compartment...

In terms of 'highlights'- only keep in mind what will be visible from the outside- regardless of camera angle, and keep in your head that this is supposed to be an enclosed area, there fore the highlights need to reflect internal lighting- source lighting is easy, just add the light source colour to your 'base' colour and then highight from there.

this is gonna be great......

hey thanks for those tips warhound, I didn't keep in mind that they will be in an enclosed area... I'll keep it in mind when I paint the rest of the interior though! I have source lighting planned, mostly coming from the control panels. The moderatii are not glued in, I only wanted you guys to see them like they will be when glued in. The princeps is not glued in either (he won't even be used, Freak Forge is making one remember :rolleyes: )

damn it, forgot about that- any chances of the pics yet of the princeps?

you will find that when you come to paint the interior that it will go weird in the corners- don't ask, its the only way to describe it- bst bet is after all your drybrushing, use lots of oliy ink washes in the crevices and corners to disguise it. Brown and green mix I find is best as it is dark and dirty but doesnt disrupt the silver or golds....

Very nice, so far everything I've seen has been pretty excellent. This project is giving me inspiration to work on my own titan.

@warhound any chance on some info on the scheme of the legio mortis? I'm thinking thats the legion I want my imperator to be from when its done.

Keep up the good work guys, cant wait to see those sculpts.

This is going to be quite interesting to see completed. Especially as I have an Armorcast Warhound waiting for a Griffon scheme as well... :)

Great work so far though; kudos, as such a great model demands an equally great paintjob! :)

I'm a bit worried about the parts I sent Freak Forge, they should've arrived by now but apparently they have not :rolleyes: (the lady working at the post office in Santa Monica, LA said that it probably takes two or three weeks for the package to reach Freak Forge when I sent it... it's now been more than three weeks...)

Anyway, I've made some progress on the foot, nothing (not even the middle toe tip) is finished:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3524.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Mars%20Pattern%20Warhound%20Titan/IMGP3525.jpg

Oh, and I wouldn't mind if you posted some pictures of Titan legions in this log warhound, please just go ahead.

I hate post! you don't know how many things the italian post system lose everydays! :rolleyes: damn it... I hope that the U.S.A post system isn't so bad as ours... Coming back on topic, I really love the paintjob on this foot especially the rust and the gold, what you've used for dirt, glaze of scorched brown? I love this topic!!!

:rolleyes: I don't think I have ever looked forward to a project as much as this one! Is it just me or does anyone else now want go and spend ridiculous amounts of money on titans?!

I think you made the right choice with the colour-scheme and as strange as it is to say this... that foot looks awesome :ermm: :D

Can't wait for more!

Archived