Vaaish's Progress Thread

Vaaish

Thanks! There will be more epic, much more epic in the coming weeks. Trying to go full bore on this commission to get another package out by the end of the month. That said, I plan to have the dread autocannon arm painted up the week after next so expect some final pics of the dread to appear shortly.

• 1 year later...

I don't really update this thread much since I don't do a lot of 40k these days and when I do I don't really do a lot of WIP shots. However, it's time to do the Servitors for my 40k Techmarine I finished up a couple of weeks a go. Now, I'd not originally planned much in the way of changes to these guys. They came with the set and seemed alright until I actually opened it and had a chance to examine them from different angles. I decided I really didn't like the coveralls look they had going since it left a rather ambiguous waist and really seemed bland. So this last week I set about sculpting on armor plates and converting the coveralls into more of a BDU style tunic. I only did three since the 4th guy has so many tubes and other junk all over him that it really didn't seem like there was any way to change it outside of sanding the model smooth. I don't know how long this will take to paint up, but they are far less complex than the tech marine so I'm hoping it'll only need a week or so to do so I can finally say my 40k army only really needs to have 5 models to do: two contemptors to use as regular dreads, one dread conversion, and two land raiders.

http://www.twolandscreative.com/wip/40k/marines/servitorwip.jpg

I did, it's over in my finished thread with everything else I've gotten done. I'm only going to swap out the two regular dreads I've not yet purchased for contemptors. Saves me from doing a lot of converting and is fitting for an older chapter :)

Here's the pic if you can't find the other thread.

http://www.twolandscreative.com/wip/40k/marines/dreadnought01tlac.jpg

Archived