my version of a reaver titan or better: wolflord-titan

BobPanda

Besides being the best (Astartes) titan I have ever seen, I don't like the head.

*Everyone gasps!*

The reasons cypher 441 pointed out are part of that. The open jaw itself is ridiculously large, and begs to have every enemy weapon shooting there. certainly any connecting explosions would destroy the ammunition held in the head, along with the crew, therefore rendering the titan useless. Or dead, if that is a better way to put it. The head is too large in my opinion. After all, it is almost as long as the legs are tall. I suggest a standard titan helmet with some good ole' Bobpanda flavour. Sorry. :o

I definitely have to say this rocks! Your design process and engineering of it is top notch.

Also, my vote is for staying with the shorter body. The entire design is really just an over-sized Warhound rather than a Reaver, so I say stick with that theme. Making it tall is going to throw the entire feel of it off, in my opinion. My suggestion for the shorter body would be to move the entire torso forward, bringing the shoulders closer to being over the hips. Right now the torso looks off-balance towards the back to me.

The head is perfect in the fluff wise of an astartes model. if you look at the astartes thinking, the like looks more then function wherever possible. I mean, the freaking commanders dont wear helmets. theres no such thing as a badass shoulder gaurd stopping a bullet to the face. also, tanks hang around explosives all the time. by logic of osmething impacting the head, it would have to be a direct shot from either another titan (pointing all the way up) or some kind of orbital bombardment (which would kill anything, which is why a titan like this would only get involved into some kind of combat where his own ships are tying up that kind of bombardment). assuming a lascannon could hit through the armor plating protecting the gun, it would hit bullets that feed down from somewhere that not directly over the head, which at most would cause a disruption in one of the feeders, because the bullets dont really rely on 20th century gunpowder. the main crew is definitely not chilling right up in the front of the mouth waving at their friends. armor plating and super glass definitely protect the crew up there, not to mention the crew that would actually be driving the thing chilling somewhere down below, taking movement orders from some super badass up top, or even some super badass looking through a chest port. The upper body crew most likely is either ceremonial or funcitons as communications and/or head targeting.

anywho, definitely a cool model so far, and worthy of the upmost praise. any design choice is totally acceptable fluff wise, because as long as it looks like it belongs, god knows an astartes would throw it on there and make it work, especially a space wolf, who puts a freaking scent box on his groin, and a fur cape over his shoulders in battle

are you going to keep the body lego? :o please don't :jaw: . i'd really like the finished titan to have a torso (that looks as well detailed as the legs) or else it would look too much like a warhound.

hes using the lego as a concept structure, it seems to be how he imagines up the poses for his monstrositys, llook through the topic you'll see he uses lego alot :)

with the lego tower it looks a bit to tall compared to the size of the legs. perhaps bring it down the the next line of red bricks then it might look a bit better. other then that it is looking completely badass.

Besides being the best (Astartes) titan I have ever seen, I don't like the head.

*Everyone gasps!*

The reasons cypher 441 pointed out are part of that. The open jaw itself is ridiculously large, and begs to have every enemy weapon shooting there. certainly any connecting explosions would destroy the ammunition held in the head, along with the crew, therefore rendering the titan useless. Or dead, if that is a better way to put it. The head is too large in my opinion. After all, it is almost as long as the legs are tall. I suggest a standard titan helmet with some good ole' Bobpanda flavour. Sorry. :blush:

I dunno Asmodeus, i quite like the head it kinda reminds me of (i'm gonna get swung for here I bet...) Grimlock from the Transformers! Man i wish i had the building skills to do something like this, but knowing me i'll have to rely on saving up the moolah to buy one from FW....

Ekkanus

with the lego tower it looks a bit to tall compared to the size of the legs. perhaps bring it down the the next line of red bricks then it might look a bit better. other then that it is looking completely badass.

Agreed, perhaps take the height down by around 2 rows of bricks. I can't wait to see this painted when it's been built. May I humbly suggest giving it the the 'Eavy Metal guys to go crazy on? :P

Cambrius

Agreed, perhaps take the height down by around 2 rows of bricks. I can't wait to see this painted when it's been built. May I humbly suggest giving it the the 'Eavy Metal guys to go crazy on? :tu:

Cambrius

thats a wicked idea i wonder if they would do that if like you let them use it for a batrep! or something

i must say, i like the 2nd torso moreover the smaller one=p

i decided to take something in between .... :rolleyes:

-

here's an update for you .... -

-

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/BobPanda/neuerlaeufer/DSCN1570.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/BobPanda/neuerlaeufer/DSCN1571.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/BobPanda/neuerlaeufer/DSCN1572.jpg

Veeeeery nice! I'm new to this thread but I'm totally gonna be keeping my eyes glued to it now. That is one hell of an amazing titan! I agree that the head isnt very practical irl. Perhaps if you fitted the mouth with some kind of super-duper year 41,000 bulletproof see-through material (blister plastic) so that enemies couldn't just lob a grenade up there and blast the titan's head to pieces?

the head is definately looking much better

i still say that the torso might need to be bigger than that, i just cant see how the arms are gonna look good at this stage

Ooo, it's looking awesome. I definitely agree with wiplash that it needs to be a bit bulkier, a bit beefier... And perhaps have it hunched forward a little (although that might come through as you go on). Love the gunnery platform you've put up. Are you still planning the assault marine launch pad on the back? And how broad are you planning for the shoulders to be? I'd imagine you'd want them pretty wide...

Awesome stuff. Keep the updates rolling.

--

Ave atque vale.

~Flintlock

Veeeeery nice! I'm new to this thread but I'm totally gonna be keeping my eyes glued to it now. That is one hell of an amazing titan! I agree that the head isnt very practical irl. Perhaps if you fitted the mouth with some kind of super-duper year 41,000 bulletproof see-through material (blister plastic) so that enemies couldn't just lob a grenade up there and blast the titan's head to pieces?
im pretty sure if it were real, that the mouth would close and only open in some emergency circumstance...

i do however happen to think the torso is kinda small...but otherwise it looks totally amazing

i the lastes picture it reminds me of a dog, just imagazine the rear of a dog and put it behind him:p

on a serious note, this is sooo coool;) i like the torso as it is

on a side note, how's the bitsbox doing, almost empty?

DUDE, i am loving this titan Been following the thread off and on and i am really impressed. My only real question is the base you chose. it seems a rather thick chunk of wood for a base. Have you thought about maybe getting some masonite board, which is really cheap and also really sturdy as well as thin. It would help bring the height down some. Since you seem to be able to cut the wood and sand it down, i don't think cutting masonite to fit the shape you got for the base as difficult. I just think its rather big and using a thinner base would really help the titan fit better on the table is all.

Otherwise its a great project and i am jealous of your overall skill of using bitz and junk to make a truly amazing titan.

Archived