Hashmallim Encarmine: Blood Angels Successor Chapter

AhzeeDahak

dude this rocks! or should i say "for those about to rock we salute you"! (10 points to anyone who gets the quote) can you get a close up pic of the backs please? id like to see the thrusters better so i can use the idea myself if thats ok?

For Sar Mikael, here's a closeup of the rear of one of my SGs:

gallery_31385_1983_1686.jpg

The vents are made using all four exhaust vents from the bottom half of an Astartes backpack. The smaller vents get glued in place right about mid-line on the thorax armor. The larger vents get glued in place just overhanging the bottom edge of the lower leg armor. Once those bits dry, thin strips of plasticard get added to the bits. Then epoxy putty fills in the gaps.

For Geordie09 - The red on the armor is pretty straightforward.

1. Prime the miniature white
  2. Wash the model with black
  3. Paint the red armour with watered down Gore Red, allowing the black-to-white shading to show through
  4. Highlight liberally with Blood Red
  5. Wet-blend the Blood Red into the Red Gore
  6. (Optional) Have a Beer

That's about it.

• 4 weeks later...

These are awesome, but I want to see one doing the Ground Pound from the movie poster.

If your devistators use missile launchers, you could just have the missiles fire from the tops of their pauldrons while they are flying.

• 1 month later...

I totally forgot to post my fourth squad! Oh well, better late than never:

gallery_31385_1983_43225.jpg

gallery_31385_1983_61848.jpg

gallery_31385_1983_61229.jpg

gallery_31385_1983_130428.jpg

As of now, I'm re-working my list and painting up a few models in preparation for Da Grand Waaagh GT in San Francisco in October. Dropping a couple of hundred points for the most part means dropping the Stormraven. It's a great Mephiston/Dreadnought delivery system, but that's about it. So I'm not hurting too terribly bad for points. (I say this now. October 4th, I may be singing an entirely different song.)

DeathKnight2000 - Yup, that's exactly where the design came from.

It's so incredibly long though, fielding it is a pain. I've been telling opponents that they can decide how they want to play with the 'Raven. We can either treat the empennage as part of the hull, in which case it can be targeted, but any area effect gets measured from it (so 1 Sanguinary Priest or Librarian kind of blankets half the field,) or we just treat the boom an wings as pretty decorations with zero gameplay effect. Pretty much everyone chooses the second option, quite fairly in my opinion.

• 2 months later...
When I first saw this, my thoughts were ":D? This is sooo wrong..." and yes, I once again proved how much of a Fluff nazi I am. But, I looked on and saw your minis and your Iron man refferences. My fluff nazi half still yells, screams and kicks but the other half loves how it is executed. So, it is okay and congratulations to you. The models look awesome. Esecially most of the poses though I very much lack the weapons on them.

• 7 months later...
WOW! I'm loving these. especially the Whiplash-based one. It's really cool how you used the lamp-post thingy as an underslung weapon of some sort. I'm stealing the helmet idea for my WIP captain :cuss

Archived