Tzeentch DP and Raptors

WH40K

Hi, I moved the modeling parts from my army list post here (because it makes more sense).

I'm starting a Tzeentch CSM army and have two conversions in mind:

1) DP

I want to use the Gulavhar LOTR miniature, bend the arms/claws a little and give him a selfmade two handed wand which he'll hold in front of his body (diagonally) with both claws.

Somehow the miniature lacks a little bit of tzeenchian style, I'm concidering getting feather wings or a Khemri bird head.

The wand is pretty much going to be a metal pipe with shapeshifting faces modeled all over it with GS, still undecided how to do the top and bottom.

If I use the regular head, I'll give him a tongue about 3x the size of the one that the stock model has. May also add some extra horns or smth, undecided.

Also going to do the base differently eventhough i'm not sure how. Maybe have him stand on the stone with one foot and have a Space Marine in the other or smth like that.

Any ideas are welcome :)

2) Raptors

I want to use CSM models and put them on Screamers, not sure if it's fitting fluff wise as the Raptors fluff states they are elitist due to the fact that they own jump equipment. I'd figure they can be elitist for having been granted daemons to ride on. Is such a conversion allowed for tourneys/would there be any problems?

Hi, I moved the modeling parts from my army list post here (because it makes more sense).

I'm starting a Tzeentch CSM army and have two conversions in mind:

1) DP

I want to use the Gulavhar LOTR miniature, bend the arms/claws a little and give him a selfmade two handed wand which he'll hold in front of his body (diagonally) with both claws.

Somehow the miniature lacks a little bit of tzeenchian style, I'm concidering getting feather wings or a Khemri bird head.

The wand is pretty much going to be a metal pipe with shapeshifting faces modeled all over it with GS, still undecided how to do the top and bottom.

If I use the regular head, I'll give him a tongue about 3x the size of the one that the stock model has. May also add some extra horns or smth, undecided.

Also going to do the base differently eventhough i'm not sure how. Maybe have him stand on the stone with one foot and have a Space Marine in the other or smth like that.

Any ideas are welcome :teehee:

There are many tournaments that will not let you use LOTR models, as cool as that one is... One of the DP'z I always wanted to make, was based off of the basic DP body, but with different head, arms and wings, might I suggest...

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...&GameNav=13

Yeah... thats what I always wanted to make a DP off of =P

2) Raptors

I want to use CSM models and put them on Screamers, not sure if it's fitting fluff wise as the Raptors fluff states they are elitist due to the fact that they own jump equipment. I'd figure they can be elitist for having been granted daemons to ride on. Is such a conversion allowed for tourneys/would there be any problems?

Fluff is pretty much out the window right now with regards to Tzeentch, the prior editions only dealt with the changer of ways in regards to his legion, the Thousand Sons (which cannot have raptors) sooo essentially anything goes, I think if you want to do a squad of raptors like that, it'd be awesome and an honor to play against them!

PS there MIGHT be some New Tzeentch models coming down the line in the next few months, the Daemon codex is being released with several new Tzeentch characters and greater daemons, but NO models for them... hoping that they do create some.

Thanks for the headsup with the LOTR figure.

I guess I'll be using an Ushabi Vulture then and just add feather wings and change the weapon (the stock one is ugly) and make him stand on a marine with one foot.

Or maybe I'll just get a Lord of Change and use it as my DP untill I've decided how to build that DP.

• 3 years later...

I play a pure Thousand sons army but i wanted some ways to fluffily add the units thousand sons don't normally get and also thought of using screemers in a conversion but in my case i thought of them as bikes.

more than raptors.

Also I've been using metal Tomb kings Ushabti models as Obliterators. I converted them casting spells (Obliterator weapons) and the big blades are the power fist.

As for daemon prince. I took the body of the Fantasy Battles Lord of Tzeentch on disk and his weapon. Greenstuffed on some wings from a reaper minatures Pegasus and used one of the old style gargoyle heads from the chaos predator cannons.

Let me look if i have a picture.

Archived