Mort's 5thEd. 10 Game Challenge

Morticon

Marines charging orks get 10 attacks after the first round, 4's to hit, 4's to wound, orks with a 6+ armour

20 man squad of ork boyz in combat (minus the PK, assuming you shot down 10 on the approach, which is certainly believable) get 60 attacks, 4's to hit, 5's to wound, 3+ armour save on a marine.

Orks on the charge are significantly nastier than orks eating the charge. While you'd still strike before them, you'd be looking at 4 attacks per boy (2 base, +1 for paired CCWs, +1 for charge) at S4, I3. Power Klaws are similarly nasty in that respect; you'll be seeing more attacks.

I'd second the whole 'charge them first' mentality, but make sure you do it with some force. That's a lot of bodies, and a lot of dice they can throw. Even with averages, the more dice you throw the more graphic things get when luck factors in. (I mean, one Ork boy with good luck CAN kill four marines on the charge; it's not very likely at all to happen but it's possible. On the other hand, one marine feeling lucky can nail two ork boyz on the charge, but this is similarly unlikely).

Negative; Blood Angels have a Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Frags and Kraks as basic gear now.

Yes, but Blood Angels with a Bolt Pistol alone should still have 2 attacks on the charge. I was wondering about that part of the Battle Report too. Wonder what Mort meant by that?

Yo ! Yup yup - they do. I was talking about when I said "after the charge" was the amount of attacks we get once the initial charge has passed. Even a full 10 man squad puts out pitiful attacks after we charge ;)

Mdigibou - sadly being in Japan I dont have access to players with a very wide variety of lists.

Ive never even met a ravenwing player. And theres only one BT player I know of- but he only comes to the games events- which I havent been to as of late >_< I'll try get on it though.

I can get my mates to use some of my mad amounts of BA stuff to challenge against though!

Archived