Hallow Wing : Project Ressurection

I especially like the clean line between both, that is so sharp - did you mask it off with tape or something?

Nope, just free hand. I don't mask off parts or sketch out before hand. I just have a really steady hand, I guess. :lol:

I have started painting Gallows. He looks quite epic, to say the least.

Alpha

I have started painting Gallows. He looks quite epic, to say the least.

And you have no pictures, why? ;)

I have to say, I do love the blending on that Terminator. Very nice.

As for the black/orange contrast, I think it looks fine. A dark black is what is called for for terminators. Just imagine you're stannding in front of him, the darker black will make him look for forbidding....

M

Awesome work man. I'm looking forward to seeing Gallows, in all his glory. Get some pics up of him! ;)

I started painted the open-hand arm. I had to strip the paint off the main body and the other arm. When I brushed off the paint, it brushed off most, if not all of the rivets. I also have to go and re sculpt the knees. I don't mind too much, though. This model is worth it.

@Marovingean: Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess I just don't want ALL of the attention going to the orange. I am trying to get idea's for the shoulder pad free hand. I am thinking of doing a shield and doing one wing on it or something. We'll see when the time comes.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

Alpha

in tribute to such an amazing idea.

i am contemplating using said colour scheme for my own interpretation of your amazing idea.

of course with your say so first might i add.

i am even drawing up some pumpkin type decals now on a crappy scrap of paper.

if this is ok with you i can post up some pics and guage your reaction.

thanks

alex

This is very cool... Love the idea, and the colour scheme is ace.

Seeing as you asked for comments on the black, I would vote for some sharp highlights only, the contrast is great...

the Black just needs a little definition methinks... Regardless I like... finish it now, you know you want to... :)

Laterz...

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions, guys. I have been taking a break from painting the past few nights and finished converting my first dread for my army (I plan to have three of them.). I am going to get back to work tomorrow, though. All that is left on the main body is the upper clock and the necklace.

I still don't know what to do for free hand on the assault cannon arm shoulder pad. I am thinking of doing a shield and a single wing, but I try and try and find something else. That just seems cliche to me. D:

Alpha

I hate double posting, but here are the pictures of Brother Romulus, Former Veteran Sergeant of the Hallow Wing.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/RomulusFinished1.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/RomulusFinished2.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/RomulusFinished3.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/RomulusFinished4.jpg

This is what I was working on rather than painting. I'd say it was worth it. :D

Alpha

Double posting, bah! That looks awesome Alpha, the base is very cool, and your converting and green stuff skills are only getting better. I like all the additional details, especially the cables, raised rims, and scroll on the leg. Great stuff and I look forward to seeing more progress on Romulus.

Wow, I'm in awe of your skills mate. That Chaplin is brillaint. Given me lots of ideas. Your skill with both Green Stuff and the paint brush is amazing. Really looking forward to seeing more of this.

Great stuff there Alpha, love the smooth orange blends.

You know Jeff over at Dragonforge makes metal power cables at various sizes, that are very good and easy to use.

Keep it up.

---PPC

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here is the story behind why there has been a huge lack of... well, posting, not only updates. xD;

I have had no cash this entire summer. None. I need money to stay in this hobby, as ALL of you know. I took on a commission for painting a unit of Bloodcrushers from my friend who works at my local hobby store. I am getting paid $9.00 an hour for the job, which is going to put a nice pouch of cash in my pocket. I can't get an out-of-home job because I can't drive because of my epilepsy. This disorder is getting on my nerves at this point. xD;

Not only that, I have been working on building a deck with my dad. We only work in the morning to mid-afternoon, but the rest of my modeling time is working on said commission. I hope you all see my problem. :D

The commission should be done in the next three weeks, and the deck will be done before then. I am REALLY good at letting things get in the way of this Terminator Chaplain, apparently. He is my favorite model, but crap keeps turning up. D:

First it was the seizure, second time it was I got out of the hobby... then had another seizure, now it is a deck and commission for cash.

You know what I say? Screw decks and commissions. Rofl. xD I'm trying guys, I really am, but my real life (shocking I have one) is getting in the way.

@Iacton : And as any good scuptor knows, you have to remove all of the skin from your hands so you can create smooth surfaces. Well, that and vegetable oil. :P

Alpha

++Edit : $9.00 dollars for a commission would make me jump off a cliff. I meant $9.00 an hour. ++

Edited by Alpha PTP

if thats the case alpha and you cant get him finished, i propose you give him to me :D

btw mate the chaos hallows are coming along sexily.

would you be able to send me the fluff you wrote so i can write chaosy fluff and get the details right about his betrayal :P

x

Isn't there medication avaliable for epilepsy? I remember hearing once that there was...

Ahh yes, of course, if you live in America then you have to pay for it with money that you do not have. I can see this would be a problem.

Keep hanging in there, though!

The robe looks cool.

Green stuff work is very nice!!

I wonder what is the theme of their base? urban? or...?

I believe you can add some more detail on the base, especially the Dreadnought big base! (maybe add a pumpkin on the ground? :P)

Anyway your chaplain looks cool.

Good job!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...