LunchBox's WIP's

LunchBox

wow awesome work there as usual Lunchbox wish I could paint that well :lol: , I've just started experimenting with NMM do you have some advice on how to get such a realistic effect?

beautiful work, Lunchie. You never cease to amaze me with your skills.

(ps. Do you have a link for a website where I can buy that Reaper Kolinsky brush?)

The brushes can be found HERE. They're not the best brushes in the whole wide world...but for the money, they are a great deal. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic brushes...but there are some out there for 2-3 times as much that are a little better. I'm cheap.

They seem good for the price, around 35dkk. I'm also cheap (mostly because I don't have a lot of money, what I get in allowance from my mom goes to MMORPG accounts, and my paperroute goes to minis, paint, and savings.)

...I've just started experimenting with NMM do you have some advice on how to get such a realistic effect?

All I can say is to use many many layers. The gold trims are 10 different colors, with 3-4 layers a piece. It sounds like this would take forever, but if you apply a layer, work on another part of the model (or another model), then come back and add another, it works itself out relatively quickly. The colors are somewhat unimportant...it's the execution of the technique that makes all the difference.

Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/es9wip-1.jpg

if you did a hand swap with this guys left hand then he could easily be a basketballer going for a 3 pointer :P

other than that it just looks amazing as usual! the belt buckle is reall cool too

i simply cant believe that the armour only took you an hour :P the base looks intriguing though what is he standing on?

what is he standing on?

A "pony keg"...or "party keg"...dunno what you call them over there. :rolleyes:

Naw, it's a forgeworld industrial rubble base...I won a bitz auction that had a bag full of them, and this mini seemed to work well on it. As much as I enjoy building my own bases, I do like to cheat every once in while. :D

what is he standing on?

A "pony keg"...or "party keg"...dunno what you call them over there. B)

Naw, it's a forgeworld industrial rubble base...I won a bitz auction that had a bag full of them, and this mini seemed to work well on it. As much as I enjoy building my own bases, I do like to cheat every once in while. :)

nah just plain old keg, heinekeg (if its heineken :D)

thats one ausome bits auction you won there!

• 2 weeks later...

YEAH!!! Squad finished!

The multimelta...the bottom pic is just a closeup shot of a crashed Tau machine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/esmmfin-2.jpg

The 10th man...working on the fluff:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img496bd9621f208.jpg

Roughly, the fluff is each squad will have a Mechanicus representative/initiate included. There are no special rules...it's a standard Marine. However, I thought it would look cool, and be a little dark and brooding to have a specially trained techy looking Marine in each squad that records data about weapons, bionics, etc. He reports this info back to the Chapter's Tech Marines. He is done in a split-scheme, with the black half, and no gold anywhere indicating that he is the squad's "tech-rep", and furthering his training with the Chapter's Tech Marines.

I'm still working out the details of the fluff, since it's not my specialty...but it's a cool idea that I think I'll run with.

And...the whole squad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/essquadfin-1.jpg

How have you painted those and with what colour. Would I be far off I said you've glazed over a white undercoat? Highlights look like a mix of glazing + blending.

Well regardless of how you've done them they look bloody fantastic :)

You are an amazing painter, I just wanted to post my thanks to you for posting examples of what can be done as well as the tecniques you used to achieve the result. I will try to learn your style of painting to make myself a better painter!

Thanks again.

~Masnagj

How have you painted those and with what colour. Would I be far off I said you've glazed over a white undercoat? Highlights look like a mix of glazing + blending.

Well regardless of how you've done them they look bloody fantastic :)

Thanks...I did a tutorial HERE on glazing. It's pretty basic, but it lays the foundation for what you can do.

Wow! That is an amazing squad. The fluff for the techguy is good too!

Thanks...I exchanged half a dozen PM's with Octavulg...I had the idea, and he helped me with the rationale aspect. We'll probably build on it later, but I thought a fleet based, tech-oriented Chapter would need a little help with maintaining bionics and war machines under limited resources...perhaps scrapping together repairs and reusing implants...like I said, it's a work in progress.

LunchBow i love you painting

are you doing any vehicles for the army (maybe a dreadnought)

keep it up looking forward to your new tuts

BlueWolf74727

Thanks again...I'll be re-painting Sheriff Bart and adding some speeders and bikes. I also have an anti-aircraft Land Raider about 80% finished on the conversion side...just needs paint. In addition, I'll be doing a massive conversion on a Crusader...eventually. Mostly, I'm an infantry kind of guy...so my next unit will be either Assault Marines, or Vanguards.

During a game I would enjoy seeing you remove models because then my army would not look so bad.

Amazing work. I should just commission you to paint my Imperial Fists. <_<

LOL...I know you say that in jest...but I'd be happy to. I charge $200 just to touch a single fig, no real conversions...just painting...and it goes up from there.

How many models did you need...Shall I get started? :lol:

Yes...to both.

I intended to do a few tut's over the holidays, but the family was sick, and other home-oriented projects pressed my time. I think I could eventually do a tut on the bases...it's pretty easy.

Archived