LunchBox's WIP's

LunchBox

that libby is looking amazing i cant stop looking at it the gold is awesome. kudos to you sirs

The gold was done using my patented V.I.M; Vodka Infusion Method, whereby copious amounts of vodka are added to enhance the colors.

Thanks for the good words, guys!

is the vodka added to you or the paint, i am seriously intrigued as to whether this is a joke (and im gullible) or your being serious :ermm:

absolutely outstanding models more pics on the conversion work plz

Hey, let me start by saying: ALL of your work is phenomenal!

I am just starting a salamander army and was just wondering what parts the Vulkan He'stan was made from? It looks awesome! ^_^

Cheers

KF

Bah...the computer dumped out my response. The legs are from a Terminator, the torso is a standard Marine chest, the head is a beaky, and the arms are from a Grey Knight Terminator. Obviously, there is a fair amount of sculpting and converting.

that libby is looking amazing i cant stop looking at it the gold is awesome. kudos to you sirs

The gold was done using my patented V.I.M; Vodka Infusion Method, whereby copious amounts of vodka are added to enhance the colors.

Thanks for the good words, guys!

is the vodka added to you or the paint, i am seriously intrigued as to whether this is a joke (and im gullible) or your being serious ^_^

Me, silly. I shouldn't post that though...family site and all...

it looks so much nicer with the robe free of details! im glad it worked out

the sword will be interesting, im not sure how it will turn out, i could of done a better job i think

It's painting up nicely...really moving along; you did a great job. I also didn't realize how "stock" the left hand I slapped on was...probably should have thrown something else in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Long time, no update.

Here's a Sgt I finished between layers on the He'Stan model:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img49cfa40bb2821.jpg

...and here's the He'Stan. The model itself is almost finished; I still have the halberd, and a few touch ups. I finished converting the backpack and mantle, and began the washing process to create black.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/hestanwip3-1.jpg

And a little more on the Libby...the arms are shaded, and I just started the highlighting:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/termilibwip2-1.jpg

Great stuff LunchBox I realy like your He'stan mini, how did you do the green?

Thanks...I just sculpted the chest details over a regular Marine torso, and filled the gap. The other stuff was sculpted on a tile, then placed on the mini after it cured.

nice! it looks very nice so far!!!!!!!!

No pointed criticism? You ok?

nice! it looks very nice so far!!!!!!!!

No pointed criticism? You ok?

somebody must have h4ck3d his account :P

as per usual stunning paint job and models :D

i think adding a small amount of lighting effect coming from the flaming shoulderpad would be a nicetouch not realistic..

but i think it could look cool

whattsup with the seagents left foot? it just seems to dissapear into the rock ;) i love the way his base flows goes over the edge too with the helmet and that girder

Good Morning! (At least from here in Canada)

I have been lurking B&C for quite some time but have kept myself from joining a forum I thought I wouldn't be able or willing to keep up with. I wanted to say that I quite enjoy your work and that I am quite happy you've posted a tutorial on glazing. I have yet to attempt anything in the form of glazing but I can see it provides some outstanding results.

You had mentioned that your golds are about 10 different colours. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to elaborate on that. Also, what sort of primer are you using? I presume the white primer is the GW primer?

Kind Regards,

Falhurk

Hey Lunch,

Dropped off the map for a bit and it would appear that you've morphed into some sort of beer (and vodka, evidentially) fuelled painting and modelling bullet train!

You've amped up the quality (and definitely speed) of your DIY boys since I last visited - even if you did paint that awful Crimson Fist model... - and your colour scheme for the Vulkan whatsit is ace.

I have got to say that there is something that I really can't love about him though. Feel free to shout me down, cos it's only an opinion, but the shins look so heavy that the bottom half of him looks like a walking fireplace. The helm is not my cup of tea either. It too seems too bottom heavy.

I know that it's a long way into the mini; too far to go changing things, I would imagine; but I just hope that the excellent looking cape and back pack will add some balance to the big fellow.

I don't want to be negative, because it is through no fault of your painting skills, which I feel are getting tighter with each new mini.

Cheers :blink:

Iacton - no worries...sculpting is not my strong suit. As with every mini, there is room for improvement...and always will be. I did want him to be very 'heavy' looking, you know...gravity on Nocturn...all that crap. When the pack and mantle are added, it fills out the mid section a bit more. As for the helmet...you know I'm a face guy...this was taking the ideas of the client, and working them in. I don't like helmets at all, but I actually like this one...he had a good idea (IMO).

Anyway, the model, base, and mantle are finished...I should be finishing the backpack tonight!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/hestanwip4-1.jpg

Wow! Looks amazing!

One thing is though, is that he looks a bit too skinny at the waist for me, maybe some grenades or something? Just my opinion though, can't wait to see him totally finished and the librarian too. :)

Flawless painting as usual, I can't help but be bothered by that Vulkan model. The chest is really wide and big, but then the waist narrows down a whole lot and stretches into legs that look to small for him, also, the size difference between the thighs and the lower legs is a bit strange. A little late to change any of that now though eh? Great painting, although I'm sure you get that allllllllllllll the time.

hey lunchbox...i was supposed to be doing work...or painting my own stuff but ended up going through your thread for the past 1.5 hours..again >_< lol...

i was looking for that NMM tutorial that you said you were going to post...did u ever get around to that or did i miss it?

antman677: I was going to do a gold NMM tut, but after re-reading Boltman's tutorial, I realized it's really the same thing. In fact, his tut is what taught me. Just keep in mind that it's the technique more than the color choice.

Archived