LunchBox's WIP's

LunchBox

• 3 weeks later...
: B) your models are ace man can't wait to see more!!! :lol:

You won't have to wait much longer...my painting table is bursting with new goodies...like 5 man Vanguard squad that I just finished converting to all helmetless...that was interesting...

You won't have to wait much longer...my painting table is bursting with new goodies...like 5 man Vanguard squad that I just finished converting to all helmetless...that was interesting...

Helmetless Vanguard!!! Firstly i would like to commend you on your dedication using whatever method you did to removing the helmets from those vanguards, secondly, WELL DONE THAT MAN!!! I fully advocate helmetless marines it helps to remind people that they are still human, in the lose sence of the word, and the way you paint i cannot wait to see them lunchbox!

Just hope that the weather in Texas is good for priming! Actually thinking about it isnt Texas ment to be quite warm..? :P

seeing how ya paint lunch box almost wants to make me quit :( because i can never be that good, i mean you paint standard marines up to almost golden daemon winning quality you should be damn proud of that army

I am...ironically enough, many of my entries have been straight from my army...including a silver from 2008.

Awesome :blink: must of been a nightmare removing those helmets :devil: Can't wait to see them

It wasn't that bad...although, I had to rig up a vice system to hold the model down without damaging it while drilling the helmet remnants out.

I was gonna post pics this eve, but our internet has been hit and miss, and I can't get anything uploaded.

So lunchie,

is your school out because of the swine flu?

Can't wait for your sternguard!

Naw...we're still in school...our district is a little less 'reactionary' to sensationalized "pandemics". I'll try to get pics of the Vanguard up this evening if possible.

A little progress...the helmetless Vanguards, plus another standard Marine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/currentwips.jpg

And another joint project with Alex (Starks3333)...he did the conversion as far as sculpting the new fist...I added the swanky fist on the shoulder pad, and the laurel on the fist...actually, the fist desintigrated, so I resculpted the fingers as well. The power fist is redone to allow for a large banner...which is in progress as well. Not much don on that except for the base colors, and a little shading.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/stbearerwip1.jpg

A powerfist holding a banner, genius! It must have been tricky getting those water effects into that tiny space.

The concept and conversion are Starks' brain-child. I just resculpted what he had already done, then added a few details to match my army, and cover a few rough spots. The water effects suck in person...like...really suck. I can't make any of the hard resin water work here, so I have to use one that cures like a bouncy-ball. That means I can't sand it smooth...I'm kinda stuck with however it settles. The base is a 2-part job...I added the platform after the water cured.

Does the hard resin not work there because its too hot or humid ? I never really thought about that, but then again living in the Northeast you don't really think about those things in general.

One thing about your standard bearer guy is that he looks coked out of his mind from this photo. Can we get a close up of the face? Right now his pupils look way small, and I think it might be the angle/gamma on my monitor.

One thing about your standard bearer guy is that he looks coked out of his mind from this photo. Can we get a close up of the face? Right now his pupils look way small, and I think it might be the angle/gamma on my monitor.

It's not just you, I see it too! :D

Although it would be very cool if he were coked out! haha

Looking good though.

Some of that is the sculpt...this is the 3rd GD '05 Marine I've painted, and they all look like that. Although, the sculpting material Starks used was a whitish color...perhaps I should inquire...

Some of that is the sculpt...this is the 3rd GD '05 Marine I've painted, and they all look like that. Although, the sculpting material Starks used was a whitish color...perhaps I should inquire...

A-HA!! :thanks:

I am drawing great insperation from you models, btu I do have a question, the helmless vanguards, it looks like you recessed the area where the head is to form a cove, what tools do you use to do that?

I am drawing great insperation from you models, btu I do have a question, the helmless vanguards, it looks like you recessed the area where the head is to form a cove, what tools do you use to do that?

It's pretty easy, but very difficult to get right. First, I had to buy 10 boxes of Vanguards. Then, I laid them all (yes, all 50) down on a fence board, with the helmets facing me. I stepped back to 30 meters, took careful aim, and shot into the bodies, aiming at the head of course, with a .22 pistol. Most of the minis were destroyed, but I managed to get 5 that knocked the head off clean, as if they were snipped off with clippers, and the bullet when in far enough to create a cavity to put the head in...much like if I had drilled it out with a metal drill bit.

<edit>

*Sorry, Milez...I just noticed you're new to the B&C...WELCOME! Being new, I should have spared you from my intensly sarcastic reply...it was more for the entertainment of those who do have the misfortune of understanding my personality.

**I snipped the heads off, pinned the bodies down in a vice, and drilled the neck-holes out. Afterwards, I had to spend quite a bit of time scraping, and filing some jagged edges.

***You know, taken out of context...the statement above sounds very evil. I wonder if this comment will be unearthed when I run for President...

Lunchbox, you should be burned at the stake for being a Witch! For no normal human could produce such beauty without having some supernatural powers!

You assumed I was human...that's cute.

Lunchbox, you should be burned at the stake for being a Witch! For no normal human could produce such beauty without having some supernatural powers!

You assumed I was human...that's cute.

Duh, LunchBox is a dinosaur. Everyone knows that.

jeez luchbox i dunno what is more impressive the models or the witty remarks :P

- and im being serious

the guy does look like an actor from the power armored re-enactment of trainspotting :)

Thats ok man, I mess with people if I had your modeling and painting skillz too! But ad for the drilling part, I will assume you used a bit that is just smaller than the hole you wanted, then files and GS the rest in? and was the drill electrical or hand powered, like a pin vice drill?

Archived