LunchBox's WIP's

LunchBox

cool would you mind sharing with us a bit about what you learned from jeremie about which colors you chose to use, what to blend into the shadows/highlights?

Well, my color choices were not in question, and in fact gained compliments from both of them. As far as the mixing...I can't really explain it...and actually, after watching Jeremie for a few minutes, the exact colors really don't matter as much while you're mixing...you can always knock a tone back to a desired hue with a glaze. We mainly covered how to establish color...where to start. So many of my older pieces were nothing but highlights and shadows...the actual contrast was so high, it bled out the mini, and made it look dull. With the red, all I did was allow the red a little more exposure instead of covering it up with shades and highlights too quickly.

its not the best skin you have done tbh, but im digging the crotch peice and the shoulderpad, the lighting and NMM on them looks fantastic

No...not my best face. The idea of leaving larger blocks of color doesn't seem to work as well on the face.

I can't beleive I've never seen this. I am astounded how good you are. Its not natural, man!

I'm going to hunt down your source of power and steal it.

Thanks...my source of power is available to anyone in the US over the age of 21...we'll leave it at that. ;)

Adore all your stuff, the Chaplain in paticular. Still trying work out a colour formula for the black, can you remember what you used? In some parts it seems as though it has a red-brown tint to the shadows although that could be the red from the purity seals tricking me.

Beautiful stuff mate!

Not bad, the only major thing that I have against it is that IT'S SO FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!

^_^

:wub: Here's a golden daemon for you:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/metcalfedan/GD.jpg

Congrats :tu:

EDIT: Sorry it's only a silver one, I couldn't find a picture of a gold one :unsure:

Although you paint like a God, your bloody slow at it, been away from a PC for almost 4 weeks and i came back to see whats been going on. Not much is the answer, hahaha.

Great work on the Ultra Marine Captain, he looks amazing. :P

Adore all your stuff, the Chaplain in paticular. Still trying work out a colour formula for the black, can you remember what you used? In some parts it seems as though it has a red-brown tint to the shadows although that could be the red from the purity seals tricking me.

Beautiful stuff mate!

The first color was wash of RMS Dark Elf Shadow, followed by a wash of RMS Brown Liner, followed then by RMS Walnut Brown, and finally RMS Blue Liner. The highlights were done with various grays, and adding ochre. You do in fact see red, as I applied RMS Deep Red as a glaze where the middle tones fade down into the shadows.

Not bad, the only major thing that I have against it is that IT'S SO FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!

:P

:tu: Here's a golden daemon for you:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/metcalfedan/GD.jpg

Congrats :D

EDIT: Sorry it's only a silver one, I couldn't find a picture of a gold one :lol:

Thanks man...I'm tempted to print this out, and put it by...my Golden Demons...lol

Lunchbox, you are amazing! :D

By the way what ever happened to that chrome-looking techmarine you painted?

Not sure which one you are talking about...I don't think I've ever painted chrome...was it the one at the beginning of this thread? If so...he's in the "lost interest for now" drawer.

Your work is very inspiring. I have learned much from your tutorials and I thank you very much. I have a question, do you ever use line or "extreme" highlighting on your models? I know you glaze a bunch and are some kind of witch when it comes to mixing colors. Your black without using black comes to mind. Do you glaze everything or do you use a combo of the two techniques? Good work once again man.

Lunchbox, you are amazing! :HS:

Not sure which one you are talking about...I don't think I've ever painted chrome...was it the one at the beginning of this thread? If so...he's in the "lost interest for now" drawer.

It was a light blue-green NMM you painted, had some weathering done on it and checkering on its left knee. I think you said it was the only checkering you ever liked... I think ;)

I can't say I've been a very staunch supporter of your past work (mainly due to your paintsyle which is really hit or miss with some) but the Ultramarines Captain looks fantastic. All the small details really come together, and my favorite part is the cloak. It looks great. ;)

It was a light blue-green NMM you painted, had some weathering done on it and checkering on its left knee. I think you said it was the only checkering you ever liked... I think ;)

I don't think that was mine...I only do weathering on my foul xenos (Orks), and that doesn;t ring a bell...sorry :(

Hey Lunchie! Long time no talk man. Your works are as awesome as ever I must say.

One question though about your captain there. His left foot (his left not the left side :D), the sole of his boot there, is it rusted or...? Idk, was curious if it was intentional or not.

It was a light blue-green NMM you painted, had some weathering done on it and checkering on its left knee. I think you said it was the only checkering you ever liked... I think :D

I think your thinking of Tortoise's Techmarine.

Sicarius looks good Lunch!

Lunchbox, you are amazing! :)

It was a light blue-green NMM you painted, had some weathering done on it and checkering on its left knee. I think you said it was the only checkering you ever liked... I think :D

I don't think that was mine...I only do weathering on my foul xenos (Orks), and that doesn;t ring a bell...sorry :(

your right lunchbox not your model.

commander alexander that was one of tortoise's models that he painted grey. i think

Am I the only one who can't see the finished Ultramarine Captain image? All I get is a blank space, no image or anything...

• 3 weeks later...

Returns from the dead and you're at it again, Lunch! Finishing models and getting barrow loads of kudos......

Well, I'd love to add to it, but I won't so there!! :D

Actually. Looking at the Sicarius, he is noticeably more colourful than most of your other work so that's good news in my book. Contrast is all fine and well, but I guess that you work was starting to resemble a badly set up TV screen ;)

I don't care massively for the sculpt itself, but, again, that's not your fault (that helm is nothing short of a bullseye to me!), but your blues, reds and gold are drum tight. I would have like to have seen you push yourself with a freehand U or eagle or both on that cloak, but I know that freehands aren't really your bag.

I will note that you may have a chip on his toe - unless...SHOCK HORROR... you did a bit of purposeful damage!

Gratz though and I look forward to missing the next project until you've already finished it....

I have a GD project that I'm working on that I would like your opinion on at some point, but I'll likely PM you over that.

Cheers :tu:

Archived