LunchBox's WIP's

LunchBox

• 2 weeks later...

Apothecary done. Not the smoothest thing I've ever done, but not terrible considering it's my first "white" Marine.

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4b1c16862ab3d.jpg

Also, some work on the 5th Vanguard for the Golden Bolter Squad entry...still working on the jump pack, but what you see is mainly finished. I really worked hard on my blending for this guy, and alothough it may seem minor, I feel that the right leg on this guy is a HUGE win, and one of the smoothest, and most "correct" things I've ever done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/vanguard5wip-1.jpg

I really like them both. The smoothness of your style is getting better with each mini. I guess the only critique I have is the apothecary light. The white just seems tl be drowned out by the white of the armor. It might be more successful with an alternate hue. Possible red in nature so as to create a triangle of color and frame the model in. Or green so as to balance the green of the bolt pistol and medical arm.

Nice work :P

MT...thanks, bro...the light is actually amber, but it's placement, and the contrast between the cage around it bleeds it out.

SB...thanks for your continued support!

Z...thanks, and I agree the head is hiddeous...I love it. It is one of the ugliest heads out there, but after painting so many standard Brad Pitt/Arnold heads, I wanted something completely different, lol.

amazing as usual

your bases are brilliant you put so much detail into the painting of them

im not sure about the blue in the apothecaries jump pack

the sword shoulder pad is simply perfect

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's pretty boring and not incredibly productive, but... awesome!

Absolutely superb, really superb!

I tried very hard to find to find something that I could criticise (not to be nasty, more to be helpful if possible) and the only thing I could come up with is that I'm not all that fond of how he veteran in the top right is holding his bolt pistol, but it's still incredibly well painted!

Congratulations, and best of luck for the competition!

brotha brotha brotha man, good stuff. I second Starks's comment, a group shot would be wonderful. Some purple hues in the gold, or maybe even like a jade or phthalo green shade in just a couple REALLY light glazes could add a splash of color to accent what looks like some purples here and there in the grey. Hard to tell with out seeing these beauties in person. Cheers.

Thanks guys.

I'm entering single for sure...but I'm not much on painting vehicles...I do have a quad bike stripped and ready to be primed, but it's hard for me to get motivated to paint a vehicle. Who knows...maybe I'll surprise ya!

Sounds odd but the bolt pistol on the 2nd vanguard model (the one that should of been a beaky) looks like his hand is limp :D

His wrist is wrenched a bit downward...it doesn't picture well, but it looks pretty cool in person.

You know I couldn't find that tut for faces that you put up. I thought I had it marked I guess I was wrong.

You should put up a new one with your more learned abilities showing us how to make mind blowing faces.

If you search my name in the tut section, it *should* come up somewhere. However, you are correct, in that, I have moved past the old techniques.

As requested...here's the squad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/finishedvanguard5.jpg

You know I couldn't find that tut for faces that you put up. I thought I had it marked I guess I was wrong.

You should put up a new one with your more learned abilities showing us how to make mind blowing faces.

If you search my name in the tut section, it *should* come up somewhere.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=116759&hl=

You're right about the "limp" handed guy not picturing well. Thought that front view does make him look a little better. I've seen you use that arm positioning a few times, any reason for the affinity?

LOL...I think this is the second one, and the only real reason is because the base is tall, and I have a dozen or more of the DA power sword arm.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, for those of you that don't know, we had a fire at the house 2 weeks ago, and we will be out of the house for another two weeks. So, the squad entry will likely be my only entry...which is a shame, because I was kicking some @$$ with the single entry.

Good luck, all!

Archived