LunchBox's WIP's

LunchBox

Well, for those of you that don't know, we had a fire at the house 2 weeks ago, and we will be out of the house for another two weeks. So, the squad entry will likely be my only entry...which is a shame, because I was kicking some @$$ with the single entry.

Good luck, all!

Dude, that sucks. I hope everyone is alive and well.

I guess we won't be competing then, as time constraints left me without a squad entry, but with a single and a vehicle. :lol:

Thanks, Starks...I tried to get some painting done last night, but it was impossible with a single lamp, and all the other lights off, due to a sleeping baby.

So, I may have to enter the guy with the shield and sword...the one done in actual metallics. We'll see. I hate it, because I'm one solid night (under normal conditions) from having him finished.

• 1 month later...
This is fantastic stuff Lunchbox - how's the Thousand Son going?

Hmmm...brought that one up, did ya? Well, he's in a holding pattern right now...I don't like anything I've done with him, so I may strip and repaint.

As for new stuff, here is a collage of what PA'd stuff is on the table now.

The guy with the hammer was going to be my Golden Bolter single fig, but the fire put an end to the prospect of geting it done in time. Obviously, the weapon is no where near done. If I run out of time for the Demons, I may toss him in as a single mini entry, but he lacks the spark to really place.

The Dark Angel is from the SM Iwo Jima diorama that I picked up last year, and will be my battle scene entry for GD 2010...I'll be posting those wips here all year.

The red guy is the early stages of shading for the Dark Apostle that Starks333 created, located HERE. I decided to change the head, not because I didn't like the other one, but because I wanted to convert a specific head that I thought would look good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/currentprojects.jpg

Lookin good, when you start your real minis I've got some things to point out, until then you are getting better in ways

I have some things that will confuse the sh** out of you hahaha

Alex

Thanks guys...the blending is more of controlled washes of a shade color...the red has 3 different shades, about 5 coats a piece, just enough to establish a color.

Starks...for the last time, I'M NOT JOINING THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY!

OK...j/k...hit me with it, Alex...I've started a couple of WFB models that I'll have to email ya, but my camera is on its last leg...it won't hold a charge, and the pictures are turning out really bad, like these.

• 1 month later...

Been working on this guy a while...originally had him planned for completion a few months ago, (as my Golden Bolters single entry) but we had a house fire, and I got a little behind. Keeping in my natural style, I dropped him, and broke him into many pieces the instant I was done with him. I'm planning some freehnd on the cloth, and the back of the banner...just don't know what yet.

This will probably be my GD NA 2010 entry for 40K Single, as I am now 3 months behind, and would not be able to get another entry ready in time, and still finish my others.

Enjoy!

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4bd3a5072eb0f.jpg

*I'll also try to update with my Space Marines "Iwo Jima" diorama this weekend...maybe tonight.

i like the majority of how the guy with the hammer looks, theres just one thing that bugs me and thats the backpack.. the ammo on the back of it just doesnt look right without the belt feed from the original model.. other than that really nice work as usual.

Thanks, all.

We got the house back in order...YAY!!!

The pose was decided as if he is surveying a battle, or situation, thus he is perched atop a chunk of blasted out rubble. The backpack was the only ornate Cfist thing I could find, but I don't think there is anything wrond with one of the big-dogs carrying a stash of shells. I did consider painting them a glowing green, like some sort of power generator...perhaps I should have explored that option.

if it were me, idve moved the banner onto a standard crimson fist backpack or be figuring out how to place an angry little chapter serf next to him carrying his bolter/storm bolter..

in the long run though theres nothing wrong with him having the ammo, but as a golden daemon entry its worth taking note of anything the judges may go "eh?" over.

good news about the house, keep up the good work. :(

More progress on the Iwo diorama...still have some work to do on the Ultra bust, and the usual touch up/error correction elsewhere. I finished the BA arms last night, and have been working on the banner for a week now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/iwowip1-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived