LunchBox's WIP's

LunchBox

I like how you occasionally make it sound like simply putting 40 coats of various glazes will make a great model...or maybe it's just the rate you crank these out. Either way, I cant wait to see more of your amazing work.

Waiting....

Hardy har...I got side tracked today rearranging my 1 year old son's room. Gotta make room for the onslaught of toys he's about to receive. No time for pics today.

I like how you occasionally make it sound like simply putting 40 coats of various glazes will make a great model...or maybe it's just the rate you crank these out.

HA!!! I've been working on a ten man tac squad for what, now...3 months? I have 7 mini's finished for that squad...that's like a mini every 2 weeks! I'm actually down to about 20 hours per standard Marine...

I cant paint that fast, and I'm mediocre at painting. I can paint faster, it's just all about picking up the brush. I just don't want it to seem like a chore, then I wouldn't be painting as well. I wish that by simply taking more time on a model as you do, I could do better.

Finished the melta-gunner 2 nights ago...the base turned out pretty good, as I'm finally able to work with water effects somewhat successfully.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/esmeltafin-1.jpg

Below, is the multi-melta...the blending gods were angry, but fortunately, I was able to recover a little, and didn't bother detailing the midsection, as it's covered up by the giant gun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/esmmwip-1.jpg

At the risk of having too much fun with my comment, how "elitist" of you. How dare you paint so well. I am ashamed to even co-locate with you in the same state, I.... <ducks>

Brilliant work. I love the softened tone of your palette, the expression in your faces (you figs, not you :lol: ) and the energy in your figures.

Please do play on!

At the risk of having too much fun with my comment, how "elitist" of you. How dare you paint so well. I am ashamed to even co-locate with you in the same state, I.... <ducks>

HA!!! I was actually going to take a jab by mentioning the weathering on the base...lol

Oh...Astador...my "friends" bring me beers...and I sure am thirsty...

Gorgeous stuff Lunchbox, any chance we'll be seeing you at the UK G-Demon this year? Its always good to have a little foreign input!

I'll be there with my 5 entries (only done 1 so far.. go me lol).

Gorgeous stuff Lunchbox, any chance we'll be seeing you at the UK G-Demon this year? Its always good to have a little foreign input!

I'll be there with my 5 entries (only done 1 so far.. go me lol).

LESS TYPE; MORE PAINT!

I won't be at (any) GD this coming year, unless some miracle happens...I'm planning no entries, and all I would have is stuff I'm painting for my army anyway. I'd love to go to GD UK...the wife and I are tenatively planning it a few years down the road, perhaps when my son is old enough to have fun with it.

You need to check Fort Worth Club, Apoc. Game soon!

A few more details via PM would be appreciated. Assuming I get over this current Nurgle infestation soon, I'd be curious as to what you guys are up to. Also a couple of us got thrown together as a team for a game of Apoc and maybe a Planet H vs. D-FW World gig could be arranged.

Stranger things have happened.

Silky smooth glaze technique, as usual with you now. Love the incenerator mod to make the heavy flamer. The best PA mount HF conversion I've seen. Its an expensive one but, but I guess since the GKT set comes with one and everyone switches it out to psy c's we should all have a bunch in the bitz box.

Nice work. :lol:

BTW, wheres my bloody completed techmarine!! :cuss

I am not quite sure if he uses this method, or even GW paints at all, but if you add maybe 2/3, 5/6 chaos black to 1/3, 1/6 regal blue you get an awesome slightly bluish tint that is apparent only in the light... wait... OH! you mean the glazes! well, no idea! Just got that! Hah! Nevermind. ^_^ ^_^

Hey Lunch, I don't know if this was asked, but whats you're trick with the black? I've tried various mixes of purple, dark blue and brown but its just not coming out right.

Honestly, with "black", it's a matter of experimentation...did you see the post about the colors used? It's back a page or two I think. "Black" can be tricky, and I'll admit it's still a learning process for me as well.

More progress...the blending gods were very happy for this one...I painted the armor in about an hour.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/es9wip-1.jpg

A little more on the Chaplain:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/chapwip3-1.jpg

I got everything I think I'll need for the Vulcan He'Stan project...so I'll probably get back into it this week. What I have done right now is boring, and you don't want to see it.

A bit lost for words here LunchBox. Awesome miniatures...

I WISH I could paint that well... its actually quite depressing...

Checking out your stuff on CMON as well, kudos there mate

Amit

I WISH I could paint that well... its actually quite depressing...

Ahhh...but you can...anyone can. It takes practice and study. However, if I were you, I'd aim a little higher than my work. :o

if and when you decide to come uk

let us know yeah

i've been ranting and raving about you for ages now

showing them all your awsome mini's on the gw gd site

purley epic

Sweet...that makes you my first over-seas addition to my fan club. Add that to my North America fan club, and I'm up to 2 members!!! ;)

OK...seriously, thanks. When the Box family makes the trek across the pond, I'll warn let everyone know.

beautiful work, Lunchie. You never cease to amaze me with your skills.

(ps. Do you have a link for a website where I can buy that Reaper Kolinsky brush?)

The brushes can be found HERE. They're not the best brushes in the whole wide world...but for the money, they are a great deal. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic brushes...but there are some out there for 2-3 times as much that are a little better. I'm cheap.

Random here...I finished the stinkin' multi-melta guy, and forgot to take pics...perhaps tomorrow. Although, just imagine what you've already seen on a cool base with a giant back pack and that's pretty much it.

Archived