The LEGIONS

capt.nuss

Isnt Mortarion known as the Night Stalker? I always pictured him to look more like the Grim Reaper, Hooded and not be able to see his face.

Dunno about the name. But for sure mine will get a hood.

but alpharius' sword could be a bit bigger....

:lol:

Oh come on.

Some guy said me some posts ago, i should shorten the sword...... now its shorter, and people start telling me its too short. :lol:

wow your stuff is always good Capt. Nuss especially mortarion for some of the leg armor on Alpharius did you use that Scibor clay shape imprint mold trick?

Yes

++EDIT++

Removed a section that was avoiding the word filter. Please do not bypass the word filter.

always pictured him to look more like the Grim Reaper, Hooded and not be able to see his face.
he should have a hood though

---> nuss wrote:

Take him as 70% finished at this state. As you see, there are still many things to clean up, and to add details. A tabbard with hood of course too.

So, i finished modelling Morty, and now have a nic n unique HQ for the guys.

The painting is more or less finished as it is, sum touchups perhaps, but i will do that when i care for the basing

Tell me what u think:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0040.jpg

And by the way - any wishes on how to go on?

Isnt Mortarion known as the Night Stalker? I always pictured him to look more like the Grim Reaper, Hooded and not be able to see his face.

Dunno about the name. But for sure mine will get a hood.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Mortarion was the Primarch of the Death Guard, and the Night Stalker was the Primarch of the Night Lords. Two very different people there!

For capt.nuss, very nice so far. I look forward to seeing more!

He looks great. Did you paint him using NMM or TM?

Can you post a group shot so we can take in the full vision so far?

Are you trying to make this a playable force? If so what is your next selection as this will help to get ideas flowing your way.

I would love to see some Dark Angels before they went evil. :tu: Doing a Luther would be sick!!!!

I would love to see your take on the Lion. Maybe the Lion and Russ on the same base trying to work there legendary "disagreement"

I might even do both, but not on the same base, for sure. Its supposed to be playable, after all.

Leman Russ would be cool to see

u should keep following the thread, i guess ;-)

Correct me if I am wrong, but Mortarion was the Primarch of the Death Guard, and the Night Stalker was the Primarch of the Night Lords. Two very different people there!

Righty right.

And the Primarch of the Night Lords is Night Haunter if i recall correctly; Conrad Curtze sth like that; inspired by the Heart of darkness as well as Batman. He'd be a coll one to make too.

DP with wings.

He looks great. Did you paint him using NMM or TM?

Oh how i love that question. It'S like 'uuuhh, ur titties look too nice, they can't be natural', but for mini-making men.

Its NMM, i never use TM ever.

Can you post a group shot so we can take in the full vision so far?

I'll try, but not too soon, not all minis are in the same city atm.

Are you trying to make this a playable force? If so what is your next selection as this will help to get ideas flowing your way.
who is the next primarch you are doing or are doing something else?

Yes, supposed to be playable; i find unplayable minis quite useless. After 2 HQ and 2 squads i'm at least playable now, but i'll add a number of more squads for sure. Dark Angels, Sallies, Imp Fists, Puppies, Eaters, Emp Children, Ultras, Iron Hands and still a number of supersexy Primarchs.... they all have nice looks and can be useful, but i've not devided yet on what to do exactly.

A Sanguinius might show up these weeks, i'd like to do him because is refreshingly different in looks compared to the other primarchs.

And so the next one. Russ got the most votes all in all.

I did him with a nice large runeblade, and a Bolter. The most important part here is the definitely more agressive pose, with more movement in the model than any other has yet..

He's not finished though, as u see, still lots of details to add, and stuff to remove...

do you like him?

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0046.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0047-1.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0044.jpg

As a fan of the Wolves, I say great work on Russ. My only nit-pick would be the belt seems slim. Not sure if you plan to beef it up.

As a fan of the night lords, something you wrote caught my eye. A DP with wings for the Night Haunter? Didn't he die while still a marine?

All your work is cool. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Better days,

I like Russ but shouldn't he have a beard?

No. should he?

Are you doing all of the Legions?

No, just teh ones i like and find an idea and time for.

A DP with wings for the Night Haunter? Didn't he die while still a marine?

Yes, of course, but NH with a jumppack can be played as DP with wings n warptime. Thats all i meant, since there is no 'primarch' entry in any of the dexes, and i waana play with my puppets, not just look at them.

Russ. My only nit-pick would be the belt seems slim. Not sure if you plan to beef it up.

Guess i will. The wholetorso needs a lot of work still.

Archived