Ultimate Master of the Forge

Technoscream

Welcome to my first WIP on the Bolter and Chainsword!

I <3 Techmarines, and am having great fun with the new Master of the Forge rules. I decided to make my own custom Master of the forge with a servo harness and conversion beamer. I know I cant use both at the same time in a game but its all magnetised so I can mix and match as needed. this model has taken me quite some time so far and it is MUCH nicer in person than on this camera phone pic but here goes....

http://gravener.co.uk/HI/40k/motf.jpg

This guy seriously dwarfs the standard techmarine model! I am also planning on building him a bike in the form of a small tracked platform so that he can be even bigger! unfortunately you haven't got all the detail in this pic, I've already added lots of pva rivets on the servo arms but I guess they wont be to visible until I undercoat him.

Please let me know what you think XD

Looking good. Would love to see him next to the original techmarine or a regular trooper for scale purposes. And also some more shots of him. Only critism I can make is the position of the head, it looks like he is craning his head to far forward. But it still loks like it's going to be brilliant when finished.

:eek :wub: :jaw:

Dear god, that is possibly one of, if not THE best techmarine I've ever seen.

I'm just lost for word here. That is incredibly good. I wish my conversions looked that good :( Keep up the good work. I want one. Where do you live :P ?.... :lol:

Its very good. Show us more pics! And get it painted.

Is his backpack made from a terminator back piece? OR am I just imagining things?

S.T

Thanks for the kind comments! I need to take some better pics of this guy at some point, since he looks much better in RL - I'll include a normal marine for scale.

ServanoTomasin - you are indeed correct there are parts of a termie making up some of his back pack.

I got a few mins to spare this morning and so greenstuffed a few tiny gaps - he is coming along nicely!

This is both hilarious and pretty damn cool at the same time. I like that the outfitting appears to be making him buckle a bit at the knees as he's striding along haha. Nice man, looks really well put together ^_^

Wow he looks great, i love your version of the conversion beamer it looks great. The servo harness when i first looked at it looked a little to big but its grown on me and i think its brilliant.

Great use of parts, looking forward to the size comparison shot and seeing it painted! ^_^

I....Blah...Love....You?...No, I love this model. xD

Rather excellent work, thought I'm not sure if he can have the harness as well as the Beamer.

Thought, the rules are still very new to me.

Ha ha ha, you guys crack me up! I'll try and get decent photos tomorrow.

Dyp100 - Nope I cant have both, but all limbs (inc servo limbs!) are magnetised so I can swap out as needed. He is also held onto the base via magnets so that I can later make him a custom tracked platform "counts as" bike

Oh sir, you are brilliant.

I've just been looking (ok, staring at) it for the past 15 mins trying to work out what you've made it from.

May I say bravo? (Claps)

I really like the bottom left servo arm. Very magnificent. Nice use of a meltagun and 2 old style boltpistols ;)

Do I also spy melta-bombs as the top servo-arm pivots? And 4 new boltpistols for the top right servo-arm? Cadian flame-thrower tanks and if I'm not mistaken, the hand-grips from the IG tank sprues....

You must have cleaned out your bitz box making this guy.

Like I said earlier, get it painted. That said, painting this guy is not a job I'd like. All the fiddely detail....

S.T

Translated

+++Those blessed by the Omnisiah would never desecrate a brother machine's spirit by walking on such a glorious component as a rhino door. How dare you!+++

Great work by the way, I can't wait to see it painted.

Translated

+++Those blessed by the Omnisiah would never desecrate a brother machine's spirit by walking on such a glorious component as a rhino door. How dare you!+++

Great work by the way, I can't wait to see it painted.

No. He has gone into a frenzy because the rest of the tank was vaporised! This model ROCKS! Though I do agree the Beamer looks unwieldly. Maybe custimise his helmet more to.

Archived