Super Heavy Land Raider Exterminus Project Mk II

Shortsonfire79

I am not saying you should add another whole level, I just think that there needs to be some sort of separation between the top and sides. Maybe try raising the white top section um a half inch and making the edges slant down like __ /---------\__

The flat top give's me the impression that you just want to see this land raider finished as soon as possible. It is like running the fastest mile ever and then stopping right before the finish line. You're almost done mate!!! : )

i like the idea of like 1 or 2 levels itll look sorta like a moving command like an aawesome damocles

my 2 cents

Tactix

I think I might add something like the Damocles, I'm not sure yet

I am not saying you should add another whole level, I just think that there needs to be some sort of separation between the top and sides. Maybe try raising the white top section um a half inch and making the edges slant down like /---------\

The flat top give's me the impression that you just want to see this land raider finished as soon as possible. It is like running the fastest mile ever and then stopping right before the finish line. You're almost done mate!!! : )

I'm already planning on modeling the top like a normal Land Raider, I just don't know how yet. This thing isn't a castle, but possibly raising it does sound like a bit of a good idea.

I do want to see this finished asap, but I'm not rushing it...if you haven't noticed...I haven't done much in the past month or so =-( I've only worked a little bit on the top, because I can't find a way to replicate/scale up the normal Land Raider design.

Its called shooting it at the planet from a giant MAC (Magnetic Accelerator Cannon)gun. The thing is so awesome that all it needs are a few Drop pod-esque stabilizing thrusters so it lands how you want it, and you have the fastest and most scary Orbital insertion in history! ;) I'm having too much fun thinking about this!

Never thought of any sort of fluff thing...I guess it would have a frame-thing around it, and it would drop pod down to the ground essentially. The frame thing, scaffolding like, would have thrusters and stabilization fins and such.

It is said that LRs can withstand the vacuum of space right?

Or I can use one of these.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/Shortsonfire82/m45.jpg

I just lined it up, and 3 vindicators side by side are the same length as my LRE. =-D

I concur with NACHO, it was kinda fun thinking about stuff like that =-D

yes, very much fun, now all we need to do is build the Apoc/Planet strike delivery system for the LRE...

Though if Bolo novels have taught me anything, the plasma cannons, and some drop pod stabilizers means that you could just drop it out of the strike cruiser's thunderhawk bay, fire some bolters to send it planetward, and then use the plasma guns and the drop pod chassies to control direction/descent.

nice work so far... really...really need to start on mine (probably will this weekend, wife is going out of town with her mother for a country concert).

You could just use Scottie. You know that 350 point strike cruiser upgrade. He allows you to teleport anything anywhere. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I could see this being set in a frame with angleable (is that word?) Rockets on the sides to stear it, and once it hits they fall off, and zooooom.... I'm trying to think of the movie I saw that in... but my brain is failing miserably. It was almost like a square frame work drop pod, and once it hit charges went off in the middle and it split and fell over. Or try extending a thunderhawk?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome work!

I'm still working on a Land Raider Ares for my Angels of Redemption. I don't think theres anything cooler than a Land Raider with a demolisher cannon.

Except, maybe, a Hellhammer. Or 5.

• 1 month later...

Wow! I came to this thread for some pictures of what the finish would look like, and I found some replies! Cool! haha

I've started painting BUT!!! its build is not finished yet!!! I haven't gotten the supplies to finish the top, and as you'll see in the pictures, I left it black for where I plan on adding more.

IN FACT! I did this all yesterday!

I hand coated the black. And I painted the Necron Abyss, drybrushed it, then washed it twice with Necron Abyss. I cleaned up the black, drybrushed it, and washed it with chaos black.

No flash:

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/Shortsonfire82/IMG_2953.jpg

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/Shortsonfire82/IMG_2946.jpg

Flash:

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/Shortsonfire82/IMG_2951.jpg

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/Shortsonfire82/IMG_2947.jpg

I would recommend checking my >>>>WIP<<<< post for my whole army, as thats where all future updates on this beasty will be going. So toodles! Thanks for visiting, and I love you! ;)

I've started painting BUT!!! its build is not finished yet!!! I haven't gotten the supplies to finish the top, and as you'll see in the pictures, I left it black for where I plan on adding more.

Of course! Haha, I haven't figured out what yet. :devil:

Archived