Super Heavy Land Raider Exterminus Project Mk II

Shortsonfire79

Four twinlinked assault cannons, Twinlinked Volcano cannon flamer thingy, Two twinlinked lascannons, forgive my orkish but THATS ALOT OF DAKKA.

Also don't worry too much about making it overpowered, it IS a superheavy after all, you can always throw random rules and up the points cost or something.

Lots of Dakka!..but I can only put 2 on each side at one time. =-/ Good enough =-D

ok, stormlord top would be excessive (excessivly awesome!) but I'm in a phase where i'm absolutly obsessed with Vulcan Mega Bolters. It will pass.

A huge rolling death box, as fun as that woud be, would proboly never be allowed by opponents. The AC sponsons could go behind the lascannons and look good, it's just the double lascannons that seem ridiculous to me.

I personally think the rhino top looks great, but i'm sure you have something sweet in mind for the top plate.

(at this point, there isn't much that could make it worse)

It just doesn't fit in my opinion. Hell, Vulcan Mega Bolters are the shiznit! But I don't want to pay another $90 for a Baneblade-like vehicle, when I can't 'officially' field it as Deathwing (I don't think I want a Fellblade)...as awesome as it would be...and I have no where to really mount Vulcans on here anyways.

The AC sponsons are final then. =-D

I think, from the side, the Rhino top looks pretty good, but from the front, not so much. If I were to widen the Rhino, I think it would fit quite nicely..but thats way more work, and its not in the rule set anyways...so..Probably won't be going that option.

Great ideas and indeed Super Heavy is Super Heavy so the more guns the better it is. Every choice of the 3ideas will work. Will wait on updates again as usually :huh: .

More the merrier right? Of course. =-D

Bad news nobody...

While cleaning my room (which looks great by the way) I stepped on my box holding my bitz for my LRE..and as it all flew out, I stepped on the Whilrwind Missile Battery..and..successfully broke it into 3 pieces. =-( More work for the Asian. =-(

Good news everybody! I've started the top plate.

I'm a genius! I taped a piece of paper on top of the LR, and shaded around the angles, and I got near-crisp lines, that I could just tape onto a piece of plasticard. Wah La. The pictures aren't sharp, because I wasn't focusing right.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/IMG_7804.jpg

Paper on tank

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/IMG_7805.jpg

Plastic on Tank

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/IMG_7806.jpg

Paper on Plastic on Tank

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/IMG_7807.jpg

And heres my desk. All clean!

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/IMG_7808.jpg

And the stuff that was on the desk...

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/IMG_7809.jpg

Its a lot more than it looks like, you can't see the piles of dust and whatever thats there.

Oh no...poor whirlwind...what could replace it?

I don't know how the LRE can survive...wait...it's coming to me...

VULCAN MEGA BOLTER!!!

I know I know, "It doesn't fit the fluff"

Great technique for the top plate form.

This is inspiring. Glad to see progress on it again. Something got me thinking the other day though about uber space marine tanks. Could you have like a counts as tank? I.e a marine tank which counts as a Stormsword or whatever. Or a Warlord Titan. :confused: Wow that would be one epic tank. And you'd only need what, 20+ Land raiders?

Anyways looking good, might have to do a giant tank at some point. Oh wait I still have 4 guys to finish for LPC.

Mick: I"ll probably end up re-gluing the places where it snapped, though it might not be entirely straight.

Fishspit: Good call...I might have to magnetize the Whirlwind Battery just so I can put a Megabolter on there some time =-D!!

Paulson: There are currently 2 beams running across the top, I will be adding more near the rear. Right in the middle, the inner track raises up about 1mm, so I don't need anything there. And, the gap is quite small (smaller than my hand, and I'm not that big of a kid (Chinese!)) so I'm not too worried...and with 1mm plasticard, I think it should be fine anywhoo.

Thanks Snozz:I think a titan made out of Land Raiders would be both odd and awesome!

I think Orks would be the best way to go for big tanks.. I see so many awesome things, I just want to make my own!

I magnetized the Hurricane Bolters last night. And spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out how to magnetize the Armor Plate. I'm highly satisfied.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/LRE/IMG_2298.jpg

They're supposed to be on opposite sides, but I wanted to show you both of them.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/LRE/IMG_2299.jpg

Left and Right (facing forwards) one has to be backwards, because either wise they'd be facing opposite directions, and I want to show how the magnet is placed.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/LRE/IMG_2300.jpg

Thats how the plate works. It prevents rotations. The magnets on the Bolters are sinked in about the depth of another magnet, so the magnet on the plate just goes right in (with a widened hole) The piece in the middle hits its spot, and so do the magnets. Quite efficient.

Huricane bolters going forewords AND backwords?

Kinda wierd, but better than those wonkey lascannons you had a while ago. And i guess after you have breached the enemy line firing 360 is important. Plus scince it is a superheavy tank the weapons can all target different units, so you can use all your odd sponsons rather than just half of them.

Huricane bolters going forewords AND backwords?

Kinda wierd, but better than those wonkey lascannons you had a while ago. And i guess after you have breached the enemy line firing 360 is important. Plus scince it is a superheavy tank the weapons can all target different units, so you can use all your odd sponsons rather than just half of them.

did you read the post? or did you just look at the pretty pictures?

Ok, i get it now.

They're supposed to be on opposite sides, but I wanted to show you both of them.

and

Left and Right (facing forwards) one has to be backwards, because either wise they'd be facing opposite directions, and I want to show how the magnet is placed.

Thank you for pointing out my error Uncle Mel. I'm glad we can be mature about each others mistakes.

(to my credit, Shorts here has a precident for odd sponson layouts :o )

sorry if i came out rude, was just kidding ;)

and yes he does have some weird layouts sometimes with his double sponsons :lol:

(to my credit, Shorts here has a precident for odd sponson layouts :HQ: )

Hey! Don't make fun of my Funkness. I'm a Jazz player, its what we do.

Don't worry Uncle Mel, only a tad abrupt, nothing hostile.

And on a exciting note, I started on the exhaust vents on the back end last night..they're...okay... =-P I hope to finish them by tomorrow.

hey shorts, are you going to add more layers to the roof? have you even thought about what to do with it as in amount of hatches, details etc. i am really curious

uncle mel

hey shorts, are you going to add more layers to the roof? have you even thought about what to do with it as in amount of hatches, details etc. i am really curious

uncle mel

Oh dude..that thing is just a place holder! =-D I was hoping someone wouldn't think that its permanent, cuz its been in all my newer pics! It will be fitted down, and given the detail of a normal Land Raider (upped to scale of course) and possibly more. Not much thought has been put into it though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So as you hopefully read, I've been stripped of my computery goodness =-( Which gave me hundreds (2) of hours to do whatever I want! Starting with homework.. =-(

But! I managed to crank out the first draft of the LRE Datasheet you've all been bugging me about...this hasn't been run through with DogmaRaider yet, but its mine anywhoo...

PLEASSEEE REAADD THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT!!!!!!!

I haven't read it yet..so there are probably a lot of errors, AND its in my chicken scratch, so excuse that. A lot of the special rules haven't been given too deep a thought yet, but I just liked all the ideas. I've had to remove the weapon details, so I wouldn't be going against and GW codes.

As you can see, I ran out of room in several places, but when I type this out, and put it into .PDF form, it should have more than enough space to spare!

There are 2 underlined spots (you can really only see 1 of them though). One in the fluff, and one in the Transport Capacity. I couldn't recall where Horus sent the Dark Angels (and I don't think the Space Wolves were with them, but whatever), so if someone could help me with that? =-D The other, I am unsure about the Transport Capacity, as DogmaRaider and I haven't really discussed game-play operations yet. I'm just winging this all. I figured the transport could be the same/near the same as a Thunderhawk..but I dunno.

What do you think? I'm not really going for a discussion, I just want imput, but if you NEED to discuss, go ahead...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3630/3328033698_2ca52148ce_b.jpg

Wow...that looked like SO much more text when I was writing my reply =-( Now I'm sad. =-(

Some quick input (by the way, you should really post this in the Homegrown Rules section, people there know more about rules than PC&A guys):

- rephrase the "Hardened Crew" rule. The way it is know, Chronus would suddenly pop out of nowhere when the Exterminus is destroyed.

- the rule with Feel No Pain is too strong, IMO

and it's milleniA ^^

Alright thanks.. Good point about Chronus, I didn't think about that part..I just wanted...everything but the pop out part =-D

How could I change Feel No Pain?

Mellinia...10 years...same thing =-D Noted.

To the Homegrown Rules section to be ANNIHILATED!!! (they'll tear me alive...and I'll get pissed at them.. =-P =-D )

Bed, thanks!

Instead of Feel No Pain, just let units near it reroll morale checks or something.

And yeah, they will tear your idea apart in the Rules Section, but if you are lucky, they will then help you rebuild it into something that is more probable to be fun to play with and against in Apoc-games.

I'm just saying that there you will have a higher probability of qualified input on the rules.

All people (including me) want to see here are update pictures on the building and painting.

So out with them! ^^

I must say that its too cheap. I know it got no Baneblade cannon but it can transport plus it got 14 all around. Thats though!

I just guessed on the points, so I might raise it to 750 or something...I probably won't be passing 800, because Yarrik's Baneblade is 850, and that thing is way better than the LRE.

Instead of Feel No Pain, just let units near it reroll morale checks or something.

And yeah, they will tear your idea apart in the Rules Section, but if you are lucky, they will then help you rebuild it into something that is more probable to be fun to play with and against in Apoc-games.

I'm just saying that there you will have a higher probability of qualified input on the rules.

All people (including me) want to see here are update pictures on the building and painting.

So out with them! ^^

Oooh, morale, thats what I was looking for =-D Feel no pain just sounded similar =-D

Pshh, people were bugging me about rules hella days ago, so I posted them up, and only 2 people have checked. =-(

There might be an update tonight...might...

EDIT: and my thread was only looked at 18 times in the Apoc Datasheets section..So I live another day!=-D

For Cathar the Great. I just did this piece.

See, its not glued on yet =-D

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/LRE/IMG_8086.jpg

It fits! Hurrah! Now...to make it nice looking...you never see the rear end, so, here it is!

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/LRE/IMG_8087.jpg

And the engine vents. I need to cut them down, and then figure out how I'm going to place them.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo234/shortsonfire80/LRE/IMG_8088.jpg

Just for me? You shouldn't have! ^^

I know you put a lot of work into making that plasticard plate fit, but at the moment it looks sooo bland and boring. Have you thought about replacing at least some of it with bitz? Like some left over hatches or the turbine-plate you get extra with Vindicators. If you put stuff like that on, in symmetrical fashion, it might look better than just putting on smaller bitz onto the giant plasticard sheet.

Archived