RL Rhino APC not (true scale) more like heroic 6'0" lol

kanan

• 3 weeks later...

jeremy1391, it is an FV432 As can be seen in the link here

To quote the article:

"This ambitious project will see a British army FV432 tank go under the knife. Used by armed forces around the world since 1960, the FV432 weighs 15.3 tons and is designed to carry twelve equipped troops into battle."

And plus, the FV432 was designed separately to the M113, and was by no means "based on it". It is easy to make the mistake though, the two do look very similar...

Any one else surprised at how cheap these things are?!

No not really. Wait until you try to fill the thing up at the petrol station...every week...

It was nice to see the "rhino". Shame about the still damp paint. And the fresh paint smell - I'm not sure about anyone else that saw it/smelt it, but to me it smelt like they'd used house paint.

FV432s are very easy to get in the UK. Mainly due to the fact there's so many left over after we replaced them with the chime...I mean Warrior MCV. M113s on the other hand, weren't used by British forces, however the Australians did. Aside from stealing an M113 from a museum, I don't think finding one in the UK would be so easy...

the FV430 series is different to the M113 series in design and they were not based on each other. Its like saying that the M1 Abrams is based on the Cheiftain MBT. Sure, from a distance they look similar, but they aren't the same. Any similarities in shape are due to the fact that the shapes and angles of armour have been found to work.

On a funny note, when I was going down to GDUk this year, there was long convoy of Warrior MCVs and a few challenger 2s on trucks heading towards GD....

S.T

Archived