Vires Ferrarius - Warp Runners Warhound + Reaver Titans

tagsta

• 1 month later...

Valkyrie anyone?

hello guys

here is a WIP Valkyrie for my Skitarii Squads

the idea is to create 2x 10 san squads Skitarii and field them as Stormtroopers in Valkyries and a Magos + retuine (Heavy Servitors + Praetorians) and field them as an Inquisitor in an Arvus Lighter (not purchased yet, but will field the same colors as the Valkyries eventually)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/IMG_0858.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/IMG_0859.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/IMG_0863.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/IMG_0865.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/IMG_0861.jpg

do the weapons look hellgun-ish enough?

the Skitarii will have power cables eventually that connect the backpacks to the hellguns

enjoy

tagsta

created some warlord legs also

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/IMG_0867.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/IMG_0868.jpg

enjoy

I have to ask you something, and I don't even know if I want an answer, but how in God's name do you pay for all of this?

I order a conversion pack from Forgeworld, and I'm like "Well, now I can't eat for a week." You could probably buy a car in cash with the amount you spent on the Warhound Titan alone, thinking about the Reaver Titan just gives me the shivers. I'm not giving you crap, but holy s#@!. :lol:

I really love the models, and the blue looks awesome. I've always liked your stuff, Tagsta.

Nice start on those legs. I see Drop Pod and Landing Pad parts as well as Shrine of the Aquila pieces too?

They look pretty good, but they'll probably need a lot of additions in the form of pistons and the like.

you are right, except for the fact that i dont own the shrine of the aquila..

i added 2 of the CoD thingies to give the impression of pistons

i wont add lots of real pistons so logical wise the titan is going to be a complete disaster... my first goal is to get the thing finished and if i try to make all the joints and pistons realistic i wont be able to get it finished until the FW warlord comes out and it will take way too much time...

I have to ask you something, and I don't even know if I want an answer, but how in God's name do you pay for all of this?

I order a conversion pack from Forgeworld, and I'm like "Well, now I can't eat for a week." You could probably buy a car in cash with the amount you spent on the Warhound Titan alone, thinking about the Reaver Titan just gives me the shivers. I'm not giving you crap, but holy s#@!. ;)

I really love the models, and the blue looks awesome. I've always liked your stuff, Tagsta.

Alpha, thanks for your interest... i followed your work ever since i joined this board and i was always a big fan so your positive feedback means a lot.

talking about the finances:

i started off not being abe to afford forgeworld kits.. i built a scratched built thunderhawk a couple of years ago but i realized that i could invest the amount of time in "real" work and just take my wage to purchase a "real" FW thunderhawk

with that in mind i sold my scratch built thunderhawk for about 200euros (definitely a good amount considering the time i spent building it) and took the rest of the money i earned from some random comission painting to get the FW mars pattern warhound after i was thinking about getting one for over half a year..

the amount of details made me realize how awesome and worth it the kit is..

after a while FW released the reaver and i just couldnt resist.. at the time I was working at a well paid internship full time and earned decently and the currency exchange rate was really good for me so i just thought "screw it, i am getting a reaver"

in hindsight i dont regret buying 2 models for roundabout 1000 euros where other people invest in cars..

I know lots 40k players that burn the same amount of money as a FW warhound in regular 40k plastic kits... glue them together in a pathetic way and sometimes don't even prime them..

Even though FW titan kits are a pricey hobby, they are totally worth it in the end, if you appreciate them enough to actually finish them in the best standard possible and show enough love for the details and great design FW created

cheers

Great start to the Warlord and I love the Reaver and Warhound. The only suggestion I can make (which you may have already done, but it may not show up that well in the photos) is to weather the metallics and armour a little. The machines are supposed to be thousands of years old, so the paint may have faded, rain may have caused streaks and dust and grime will have accumulated in recesses. I have seen this done and it looks amazing and gives real heft to the models. Is thta something you've already done or would consider? They look great without it, but, in my opinion, that would just raise them to a whoile new level altogether!

Alpha, thanks for your interest... i followed your work ever since i joined this board and i was always a big fan so your positive feedback means a lot.

That really means a lot to me considering the wave of crap I have endured while on this board. Its weird, after being diagnosed with epilepsy then I go missing for a few months, then go missing again because of depression, then coming back, and people still remembering who you are because of your models is an honor. I'm sure you know the feeling as well.

with that in mind i sold my scratch built thunderhawk for about 200euros (definitely a good amount considering the time i spent building it) and took the rest of the money i earned from some random comission painting to get the FW mars pattern warhound after i was thinking about getting one for over half a year..

I am trying to start a blog or site so I can start taking commissions, but it is really difficult to get people interested in it. I love painting models, and during my 8 years of painting I have only done five commission pieces, and half of them were from family members. Do you just ebay your work or do you have locals commission you?

the amount of details made me realize how awesome and worth it the kit is..

Forgeworld scupts are beautiful. I wish I could buy more, but college and now lacking a job (it was a seasonal job at a Halloween store) makes it virtually impossible.

On a random note about painting and sculpting:

The supposed Golden Daemon rules are discouraging me from entering because you have to submit it through a local store, or something. Most of the people at the GW store dislike me because I talked about the new Space Marine codex and 5th edition and how I said I simply hate them. By doing so, there is bias-ness in the whole process. On top of that, I have no car and the closest stores are either 30 mins away, or two hours. I can go to Gamesday because I car-pool with four or five friends up to Baltimore. (I live in the DC/metro area, so it isn't that far of a ride.)

in hindsight i dont regret buying 2 models for roundabout 1000 euros where other people invest in cars..

I know lots 40k players that burn the same amount of money as a FW warhound in regular 40k plastic kits... glue them together in a pathetic way and sometimes don't even prime them..

My good friend who hosts a table-top gaming night in his basement every other week owns the entire Eldar, Space Marine (excluding DA and BA), Chaos Space Marine, and Chaos Daemon lines. He owns three or four other gaming lines, and he has barely of it painted. I love painting, so having that many models and not having a lot of it painted drives me bat-:) crazy. Pardon my French.

Keep up the good work, Tagsta. I'll be following your work, as always.

Great start to the Warlord and I love the Reaver and Warhound. The only suggestion I can make (which you may have already done, but it may not show up that well in the photos) is to weather the metallics and armour a little. The machines are supposed to be thousands of years old, so the paint may have faded, rain may have caused streaks and dust and grime will have accumulated in recesses. I have seen this done and it looks amazing and gives real heft to the models. Is thta something you've already done or would consider? They look great without it, but, in my opinion, that would just raise them to a whoile new level altogether!

i think i will weather the metallics on the legs slightly but the armour parts won't be chipped because i really like the clean look!

My good friend who hosts a table-top gaming night in his basement every other week owns the entire Eldar, Space Marine (excluding DA and BA), Chaos Space Marine, and Chaos Daemon lines. He owns three or four other gaming lines, and he has barely of it painted. I love painting, so having that many models and not having a lot of it painted drives me bat-:) crazy. Pardon my French.

i absolutely know what you mean.. i really hate those people.. i mean what's the point of being proud in owning a SM battlecompany that is not painted..

i mean i can spend the money on a battle company assemble them in a week and feel incredible because i own 100 marines... all you need is the money and not skills...

having many model / a full battle company painted to a decent standard deserves respect though...

funny enough that everyone hates you at your local store.. i was once the target aswell because i asked the people "do you only talk about nerd stuff?" after they made a 100 star wars jokes and quoting jar jar binks just was too much for me...

I really avoid the GW stores and focus on sharing my work online because most of the people at the GW stores are untalented nerds that don't paint their model, don't appreciate a well painted army and don't realize that the whole thing is a game which is supposed to be fun...

playing with your close friends is more fun anyways

enough OT talk though

PM me or add me on some IM if you wanna discuss commissions and so on

thanks for your interest and cheers

tagsta

hey guys

a quick update

i created heraldry for the 3 engines:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Astorum-Warlord.jpg

Warlord

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Astorum-Reaver.jpg

Reaver

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Astorum-Warhound.jpg

Warhound

Wow nice heraldry, simplistic yet effective.

I own an armorcast reaver, and you ma have just inspired me to get some more done to it. I have started painting it warp runners, but can't continue til better weather, since I cheated and am doing the bulk blue with humbrol acrylic spray.

• 4 months later...

Glad to see this project is still going, I love all the freehanded detail and the small touches. The shield on the side of the cockpit is great. It looks like there is a cool gren glow effect inside as well, any chance of some shots of that?

ID

Archived