flying libby

while considering adding a jump pack, i found that with my libby's shoulders where they are, i couldnt fit a jump pack on him. so i stole the wings off a dragon and came up with this:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/ghulshagg/DSCF1921.jpg

need opinions on the wings themselves, colors for the wings, and should a loyalist psyker even have wings? (outside the Blood Angels naturally) I have my own fluff ideas as to why this one does, but curious as to the opinion of others.

I like the conversion and pose, and I think the wings suit the model - however, a loyalist with wings does seem to be "flying" a bit close to heretical mutation!

i had thought about the reaction of the inquisition, and i'm thinking along the lines of the noise and vibration of a jump pack interfering with his psychic abilities, and after months of prayer and fasting, he received a vision that he should make a combat drop with his assault squad, but without a jump pack. during the jump, his blessing from the emperor manifested. the chapter still makes sure to hide him from the prying eyes of the =I=, however. :)

Maybe they aren't real wings, instead an ethereal projection of the emperor's will channeled using his psychic abilities... or something like that :lol: This would make them a "psychic power" so no need for inquisitorial noseyness. I like the model, the pose is indeed very dynamic. If you're liking my idea you could paint the wings up to look like energy and i think this would be quite strikin if done well!

Al

Any psychic versions of wings would not somehow disappear the backpack and still have all the power armour functioning normally.

I would get a regular back pack and have the wings attatched to the sides of that, maybe from the gap between the marine and the backpack. that would also enable it to look a little more magical and a little less mutant.

thought about the wings being a psychic projection, however, these dragon wings are a little organic for that. these might be better for that route:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Dungeons_of_Dread_Gallery/Angel_of_Valor.jpg

but i dont know if this mini's wings are a separate part, and im not certain im quite confident enough to take a knife to one...

however, they are simpler than feathered or leather wings, might attempt to sculpt some myself, that way if i dont like the results i can round file it without having destroyed anything!

thanks for the responses, all, I appreciate the help!

Archived