Rogue Trader Crimson Fists Dreadnought

Brother SRM

Just finished painting and basing this dogfaced ugly monster of a model.

Dear Emperor I love old and ugly figures!

Here he is:

med_gallery_27105_2928_812887.jpg

med_gallery_27105_2928_293334.jpg

^ Anyone have any idea what that is? I've been using it as a plasma cannon

med_gallery_27105_2928_559777.jpg

med_gallery_27105_2928_788325.jpg

med_gallery_27105_2928_162262.jpg

"RAWR!"

Sorry for the blurry pics. My camera just died and I can't seem to take more for a bit.

Comments welcome!

Ack! Euthanize that thing pronto...

Only kidding. Older RT models fascinate me. Was the sculptor a hunchback? Did he believe that marines needed a strange lean? The dread models look great from the side, it's just the front that throws it off.

Oh wait, this is a discussion about your model, not RT models in general. It's a solid paint job. The sides seem to be painted a tad bit better than the front. Maybe it's due to the extra detail compared to the rest of the model. Too bad it's metal, you have a monster of a mold line going through it vertically.

And you were right about the cannon. Just remember that old plasma weapons were rather phallic in design. Just think Penis shaped cannon -> P. Cannon -> Plasma Cannon

And you were right about the cannon. Just remember that old plasma weapons were rather phallic in design. Just think Penis shaped cannon -> P. Cannon -> Plasma Cannon

A friend of mine had some Ork plasma guns from that era - they were worse than this one...

Glad you liked the paintjob on the arms at least. The front area has almost no detail whatsoever, and it's hard to work as an edge highlighter when the model is all curves and blobs.

I've got a ton of RT models - a squad of em are in my gallery if you're interested. Most of em are pretty ugly by today's standards, but the dreadnought is the top of the ugly model iceberg.

Thanks for the comments!

The citadel catalog lists that part as a missile launcher.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/4104spacemarines-01.jpg

I think I've also seen it listed as a conversion beamer, which has no legal ruleset on a dreadnought.

Thing is, the dreadnought close combat weapon and missile launcher combo is illegal, so I think I'll stick with the plasma cannon.

Thanks for the comments!

@Master Toddius: I feel your pain.

Always fun to see these guys dredged up. A friend of mine has a cool bone-and-golden one.

As for the bit, I'd say plasma cannon works (although it does kinda look like a conversion beamer). ;)

EDIT: I see the missile launcher now; the quarter-dome with a missile poking out, in true RT style.

I've got the original article where the Imperial Dreads were first catalogued. That is indeed a Missile Launcher with Frag and Krak missiles as standard. This type was known officially as a "Deredo"-class Fire Support Dread.

The troops called them "Eddies" for short. Deredo was Eddie, Contemptor was Chuck, and the Furibundus-class was Fury.

Chuck, Eddie and Fury were real popular in RT. So much so that, get this, the Guard used Dreads too. And so did the Inq. and some Rogue Traders.

Uuuugly, though. But still, awe-inspiring, after a fashion.

Your paint-scheme is dead-on, too. Love it.

The only thing missing is some wise-ass (or disgusting or threatening) graffiti down the side of the beastie's hull. Some phrase like "Eat Death" or Suck My Frag" or I Grind Weaklings Underfoot" or "Mercy Never Comes".

Bonus points if you can come up with a terse, cruel graffito phrase in Latin or elegant-sounding Spanish.

I've thought about graffiti for my RT marines and dreadnought, but I don't want it to come off too hokey. These guys are awkwardly intermingled with some modern marines, after all.

Thanks for the comments everybody! About time the ugly old turd got some love!

Ha ha I love those old things! Even with those ugly old dreads, I still remember that it was a RT dreadnought that first impressed me with its paintjob. My father's friend back then had a really "interesting" Kiss Army. I believe the dread had a Gene Simmons makeup scheme going on.

But it was definitely the first mini I can recall that made me say wow.

Ho i got one of those too, though i have changed the weapons, what does everyonr think?

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery/data/500/medium/captain_035.jpg

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery/data/500/medium/captain_036.jpg

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery/data/500/medium/captain_037.jpg

Vanimal

• 1 year later...

Archived