Honor Guard dude (scratch-built)

feuer_faust

Behold! I decided to sit down and make my own honor guard one day. While the metal ones are cool, too many Ultramarine gibberish to scrape off (although I could fill the gaps with putty and make them shields. Hmmmm... new project idea! )

I started with a Chaos marine, a Chaos warrior, and some tactical bits. Add some shaving and painting, and here he is!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/feuerfaust/Sternguard%20and%20Dude/dude_front.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/feuerfaust/Sternguard%20and%20Dude/dude_back.jpg

I'm considering just keeping him as a captain, and using slightly less ornate guys for honor guard. (He's actually very ornate by my chapter's standards...)

Its good looking but it is a little too clean looking and should probably have some more bitz/iconography on it. At the moment, it looks more like a veteran sergeant than an honor guard. Oh, just read that he is relatively ornate. I still think that he should be a bit more more ornate but thats just my prefrence.

-nudge-

How do you think this turned out? It was more or less and experiment to see if de-spiked chaos bits could be used for ornate loyalists...

I like it - I'm a fan of using cleaned up Chaos bits to give an ornate look to Loyalist models. In fact, I'll be starting on my Marine captain (or maybe he'll be a champion...) as soon as the Khârn model I ordered arrives. :wub:

Whoops, sorry I offended people with my "scratch-built" tag. Seriously, what was I thinking? :D Right, I what I was getting at is that it's not an actual honor guard mini, but one built from a pile of bits to be one.

Conversion list:

1- Chaos marine legs and torso with the pointy arrows cut away.

2- Chaos marine backpack chopped up and reassembled

3- Chaos warrior sword (filed down) in place of chainsword.

4- Loyalist Pad and Chaos marine pad (filed off point bits).

5- Loyalist head.

At least people seem to like the paint, which I'm proud of. :lol:

Whoops, sorry I offended people with my "scratch-built" tag. Seriously, what was I thinking? :HQ: Right, I what I was getting at is that it's not an actual honor guard mini, but one built from a pile of bits to be one.

Conversion list:

5- Loyalist head.

At least people seem to like the paint, which I'm proud of. :P

Hey this is what Im doing for my sternguard and vanguard! Looks sweet man. Dont worry some ppl are really tightassed about the whole scratchbuilding "term" Keep it up, I hope to see a unit soon!

Whoops, sorry I offended people with my "scratch-built" tag. Seriously, what was I thinking? :huh: Right, I what I was getting at is that it's not an actual honor guard mini, but one built from a pile of bits to be one.

Conversion list:

5- Loyalist head.

At least people seem to like the paint, which I'm proud of. :)

:tu: Looks good to me. I wanted to do something similar for my Honor Guard. Are all the Chaos bits in the same box? Which box exactly? The plastic Chaos Space Marines? Also, are there enough bits that are the same in the box to make 5 Marines with the same Legs & the Shoulder pad you used on the left arm? I'm looking for a way to make he legs on my Honor guard in particular more ornate w/out having to use GS.

Well he could be more of a Captain that is down with the troops? I mean you do not see many of the British Captains With Big flowing cloak and massive helmets (well not in combat anyway). He could be more along the lines of King Leonidous from 300, the only visual difference he has from his troops is his helmet and beard.

Archived