--+Imperial Fists 3rd Company+--

aNex88

Hey there. My friends and I are currently in the midst of an army builder/painting competition, moving from 400>750>1250>1700 Points. Finally, our last task will be an apocalypse formation or legendary unit.

I chose to paint Imperial Fists because of the challenging aspect of painting yellow. Hopefully I'll update as often as I can. Here are some pictures I got up already. We're 1 month away from the 750 point deadline currently so here goes.

Let's start of with some Tactical Marines

gallery_24625_2787_626518.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_533708.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_544763.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_274891.jpg

Uploading these pictures reminded me that I have yet to take pictures of the sergeants leading these marines. I'll fix that in due time :angry:

I bought some sternguard with the thought of adding them into my final army. However, after some test plays with different lists, they don't seem to fit with my strategy so I've removed them from the final list. Here are some WIP shots anyways.

gallery_24625_2787_824558.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_576129.jpg

Some terminator goodness...

gallery_24625_2787_165594.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_382449.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_160233.jpg

Oh, and I have decided to replace these terminators with a squad of assault terminators with all Thunderhammers and Stormshields.

Rhino transports. I've fallen in love with using them in games. I have no idea why I haven't been using them before haha

gallery_24625_2787_384500.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_143319.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_723485.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_81224.jpg

Here's a WIP shot of my Dual-Autocannon Dreadnought

gallery_24625_2787_435578.jpg

This is an older picture. He's almost done. I'll post up some finished pictures within the new few days.

For the 750 points deadline, we also had to build 3 objective markers. Here's two I made up from extra bits on my box.

gallery_24625_2787_830710.jpg

Somewhat stumped as to what to build for the final one.

Now onto my characters! I took a captain and a librarian, although my librarian will only be in my 750 pt list and maybe my 1250 pt list. First here's a WIP picture of my librarian.

gallery_24625_2787_111508.jpg

Sadly..I only took one picture of him in his WIP form. Here's him painted up.

gallery_24625_2787_458421.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_29520.jpg

Finally here's my Captain. I really like how he turned out. Still not done yet though. Here are some WIP shots of him first.

gallery_24625_2787_768792.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_533092.jpg

Now PIP...continued in NEXT post right now!

gallery_24625_2787_514768.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_131780.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_851036.jpg

He's currently further along than the pictures show. I'm currently thinking of up designs for his banner. My buddy gave me the idea of incorporating Terra/Earth in it somewhere. Got some sketches drawn. Will upload in a future date.

Hopefully I'll keep this updated at LEAST once a week. Hope y'all enjoy :angry:

I'm very much in love with these guys. I think I love them more than my own - y'know in a grass is always greener kinda way :P

Excellent job both on conversions and paint execution. Have you decided which Apoc formation you'll be doing?

WOW. These guys look amazing. Yellow is a hard color to get right, but you nailed it.

Its too bad the captain's shield covers all that nice detail work on his chest. I can't wait to see what you are going to do for his banner. You also definitely need to get some more pictures of the dual autocannon dreanought.

Thanks for the responses guys. Really motivating me to keep the fists and pictures coming quickly ^_^ This might piss off my buddies since they're already complaining of me painting too quickly haha.

@AlexCrute

at first, I was thinking about scratch building a Thunderhawk. However, a buddy of mine who's in this builder is going for a scout company. Somewhat thinking of painting up a battle company for my formation...I mean..two companies in an apocalypse game...that would be ridiculous :D

@keeper_of_secrets_9

I was going to but sadly...my final list doesn't include it. There's always room for more additions after this builder is over, but right now, I'm trying to focus on getting my stuff painted within the allotted time period.

What I have left is...another Whirlwind, Vindicator, Land Raider, Assault Terminators, and a Razorback. Hopefully I can get them done within the next 3-4 months, then I can focus on my apocalypse formation.

@IamJacksUserName

almost done with the dual-auto dread. I'll slap on the fist logo tomorrow night and finish off the scribblings.

I just remembered I have yet to take pictures of my Whirlwind haha. Hopefully I'll remember to take new pictures and post them up before the weekend is over.

By the way, what do you guys think I should add onto my bases? The plain urban/ash waste bases aren't "popping" for me. I was thinking of putting some fluffy snow on top but do any of you have some ideas?

Your painting is outstanding, you've really done the yellow well, and i like the freehand writing on the larger models, top work, will keep an eye on your project with much interest!

One thing i will say, the librarian pose is really cool, but the one yellow arm just seems a bit random, The models been painted so well, it just looks a little wierd to have just one yellow arm, but thats just me :D

You could always do a titan for apoc ^_^ Giant Yellow Titan anyone?!

By the way, what do you guys think I should add onto my bases? The plain urban/ash waste bases aren't "popping" for me. I was thinking of putting some fluffy snow on top but do any of you have some ideas?

Agreed, a brown base wouldn't look too good with a yellow army. I'd suggest either a city sort of base, with grey gravel and black edges, or a traditional base with some grassflock and goblin green edges (like these that I made). The important thing imo is that you stay away from colours that are related to yellow. Snow could definately work, perhaps snow+cityfight?

Awesome work btw, I'm linking this to an IF-building buddy.

Absolutely fantastic fists! What sort of timescale is your painting comp on?

I think your bases really work as they are as they offer a good contrast to the bright marines. But if you really feel you need to make them pop then i think snow would be the way to go.

Good Job! Please keep the updates coming, i want to see the vindicator! Yum!

Archived