--+Imperial Fists 3rd Company+--

aNex88

Thanks for all the positive comments so far guys. Really giving me a boost while painting.

@Chap.Des

-Yeah, my captain is based off Sicarius. I really liked the sculpt of Sicarius and just bought him on a whim, without really thinking of what I could do with him haha.

Bought myself a battle force yesterday. Got some brand new lovely tactical marines to work with. Here's the 10 I'm going to paint for the LPC and where they stand right now.

gallery_24625_2787_226281.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_714665.jpg

Now all I need is to grab another battle force, 2 more rhinos, another box of assault marines, and I'll have all I need for my entire battle company. Hurrah!!

@ Einholt

-Sure, I'll try my best at making a tutorial for my yellow. I've just started on my tactical marines for my LPC and I'll document it as best as I can.

epic...

:) but for some reason, I cant look at that big, over-view image of your 1700 pt army and stop thinking of those little yellow bananna lollys... truly awesome though, and those tacticals look pretty much like carbon copys of the 'eavy metal teams ones in the old marine 'dex= great going! ( thats good) Are you thinking of getting any land speeders? Imo, fist speeders would kick soooo much ass...

prophet out

• 3 weeks later...

Hey aNex88,

First of all great work on your IF´s , I hope I can finish mines someday... I´m a slow worker... more than 6 months and nothing ready yet.

And one question, how did you made the inscriptions on armors and vehicles ? Did you used a brush or other tool ?

Thank and congrats once more.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Reason being is that I pretty much painting all that yellow so quickly burnt me out. However, the LPC is drawing to an end and I have to still finish those 5 Terminators I promised. So fear not, I'll have the 5 Terminators done by the end of the month.

Finally got my FW Termie shoulderpads and Land Raider doors a couple days ago. Here's where my Terminators are at right now.

gallery_24625_2787_311091.jpg

Finished priming the rest of the arms today at work. I'll slop on a couple coats of yellow tonight and ink them during the weekend when I have a change to grab a new pot of Gryphonne Serpia wash.

I was fiddling around with my captains banner today at work and here's what I came up with.

gallery_24625_2787_516292.jpg

What do y'all think? It's supposed to be Terra and the stars. All that white blotching is my attempt at the clouds haha.

I have to find the rest of the parts for my Land Raider before I spray it. Missing the interior panels and what-not. I'm contemplating making the top removable, or at least have the front assault ramp open and close to show-case the interior.

I was cleaning up my room a couple weeks ago, more notably what was beneath my bed. I usually throw my extra warhammer stuff down there. Here's what I came up with

gallery_24625_3123_228864.jpg

Thought you'd enjoy that haha.

On another note, I'm not going to be doing my complete battle company as I've previously stated. My gaming group has decided to cancel the army builder competition due to lack of participation. We started out with 10 people but it seems only 3 show up on a regular basis and get their games in. However, I will be upping my entire army to 2000 points in the future. Testing out some new additions next week so you'll either be seeing some Sternguard or an Ironclad with a Drop Pod and some extra stuff. Once the new Imperial Guard codex comes out, I'll be testing out some Adeptus Mechanicus stuff and hopefully get an army going.

loving this !!!

so far awesome, keep the updates coming , i may have missed it but whats your recipe for your yellow , ?

Prime white

Throw on some thin coats of golden yellow

Paint armour lines and recesses with Gryphonne Serpia

Lots and lots of thing coats of golden yellow.

Highlight with 50/50 gold.yellow to skull white

• 11 months later...
Here are a few WIP shots of my Assault Terminators.

gallery_24625_2787_651704.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_22700.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_520239.jpg

No shoulder pads on them yet because I'm waiting on my Fist pads from Forgeworld to come in the mail.

What colour robes do you guys think would look good on them? I was thinking either a deep, dark red like my captain's cape or black. Somewhat inclined to paint them red. It'd give them a sense of cohesion with my captain since I'll be running them together in my Land Raider.

I started painting some chevrons on the siege shield. Needs a couple more coats of yellow and clean up on the lines.

gallery_24625_2787_280547.jpg

My Razorback. I still have to freehand a skull on the back hatch, scribbles here and there, and slap on some Fist symbols. The skull is to show that it's a Command Squad Razorback. Even though in my games, it'll just carry regular tactical marines, this is part of my Battle Company grand scheme of things haha.

gallery_24625_2787_648475.jpg

My 2nd and last whirlwind in my army. Top vents could use a bit more shading, scribbles, and fist symbols then i should be done.

gallery_24625_2787_546065.jpg

Here's a shot of my 1700 point army for my Army Builder Competition I'm in.

gallery_24625_2787_270060.jpg

Not the greatest picture, but it gives you a gist of what my army has.

Anex88, where did you get those sweet robed bodies? And, what happened to your imp Fists after you finished them? You stopped posting photos. Sad Face. :unsure:

Archived