White armour, golden trims

warflag

Dude, welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword! I know, my timing's lowsy, but hey, you're like... an honourary member already!

Okay, so, the whole project is looking really awesome! All of your work is absolutely amazing, the attention to detail that you have is really brilliant!

I'm loving the WIP Chaos Juggernaut, can't wait to see that one finished! Know what I think would be really cool? Some Forgeworld Traitorous Guardsmen to fight alongside your Chaos forces! That'd be so awesome...

Keep it up - you've been here for 8 posts and you're already a legend in my eyes! Congratulations on such an awesome army.

- Blood Raven

Thank you for your welcomes!

I have traitor guard on the go, but as my funds are limited I chose to use warzone bauhaus minis. Or was it imperial? However, a good bunch of them, 120, are converted, spiced up with GW parts etc. Will post some, when appropriate :P

Looks like the link that I put to this in my Snowbiker thread has gotten you some more traffic. Good! These are amazing - definitely the best white marines that I've seen - and they deserve to be seen by everyone.

Thanks for doing this; i did not know you did that!

:ph34r:

Awesome job! The dread is my favorite, but I really love the custom "beak" marines with the extra cheek guards..

Gonna be doing any terminators for this force?

I have termies for this army. Started converting AoBR termies. The first one was not what I expected, the second turned out okayish so far. The helmets are similar to grey knight helmets. But I feel like experimenting a bit more...

These are literally, THE BEST SPACE MARINES I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

I never thought i'd say this after seeing someone's vampire type marines, and the same guys Lamentors, and someone else's Star Lords, but i think these might trump even them!!! Incredible!!

I know the star lords, and they are extremely well done, looking inspiring. One of the threads I check for every update.

The others I do not know, I´d love to see them. Could you provide a link?

@ everyone else: *bows down deep* I am humbled, seriously! There´s so many extremely cool marines out there, it is amazing I could gather some fans!

There´s one thing about the best marines out there. The people who paint them usually do just one, as GD-entry, or commissions for the shelf. None do whole armies, although they could. But I have seen a Chaos army by the notorious Jeremie Bonamant, one hell of a sight. Should be in coolminiornot. I have no link though...

However, thank YOU!

I feel copelled to pick up work on these guys again soon. I think I´ll have some updates over the holydays.

Cheers

Bart

PS: @ Terminatorinhell, did you mean the last pic I posted? That´s a scrapthrall from warmachine, cryx faction. Pretty useless, but a cool sculpt. Over at warseer I have a full thread abou my so far collection. Search for "Cryx, baby". Cheers, Bart

Edited by warflag

• 2 weeks later...

Dear fellow Marine Commanders!

I will answer two questions tonight, visually supported.

There was the question if I have, use, paint terminators. Yes, I do.

There was the question how I paint these whities.

I combine the anwers in three pics.

The first pic shows two regular terminators, the first only primed codex grey, the second got the fortress grey treatment. The second step sucks up most of the painting time by far, although almost not visible. But it is essential for the result, a wonderfully smooth white.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/gewaltherrscher/stage12.jpg

The second pic shows three angles of their sergent. He got the above mentioned greys plus tins bits for the trims. This is the base coat for my gold.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/gewaltherrscher/stage3.jpg

The third pic has stages three and four of my white recipe. First is a flamer guy, with space wolves grey stage finished. At this stage the fine highlighting effect becomes visible.

The other guy is a regular again. He

Although I have arrived at your thread, a little late, better late than never.

First off, let me congratulate you on one of the most impressive marine armies I have seen in quite awhile. Your white is superb and as someone else who uses a soft, layered white in his scheme, I know your pain. However, the prize in your case is more than worth the price. I agree with the others that your figures carry with them a certain regal-ness (if I can bend the language a bit to create a concept), which you have enhanced with the additional detail to their armor.

It's also exciting to see new ideas, i.e. your helmet design. Very clever and well executed.

Thank you for making the jump over to our community and immediately making it stronger. Now I am off to read your Warseer thread...

Bravo!

Armies like yours make this board as good as it is.

Couldnt have said it better myself... so i didn't :P

Seriously an enviable army you have there and the Rhino just looks.. WOW can't wait to see that bad-boy painted up ;)

Amazing! Any chance of a tutorial on how you did your white and especially the edge details? (The swirls I mean)

What exactly? The armour painting? Or the tank?

Ok, I guess I

Edited by warflag

That is an excellant rhino you have there. I like the tutorial you have for it, but could i just have you build the parts and i'll buy them from you? :lol:

All thumbs, and like you said its expensive to mess up.

I'll be watching your progress. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Hi folks!

I did some work on my first ES tank. The razorback turret is still under construction. In other words, I ripped it apart to make a new one...

The paintjob takes shape. Still lots to do. Tracks, the gold trims need some actual gold, more freehands and so forth.

A pic:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/gewaltherrscher/DSC00153.jpg

one more...

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/gewaltherrscher/DSC00154.jpg

I changed my list again.

Now I have some weird plans for fast attack choices. Let

Truly outstanding work! I must say I had some doubts about combining white and gold, but one can't argue with such splendid marines. Great conversions, flawless paintjob, and stunning detail. Can't wait to see the Rhino finished :P

Only one remark I could make is that the shield on top of the Rhino looks kinda odd, maybe because most of the times the bottom of the shield points towards the tip of the sword, and not the other way around. But if you got a good reason for displaying it this way, consider my remark a sign of envy ;)