Rev's Iron Hands

revmatt

• 2 months later...
What a fantastic paint job. I'm loving the skin tone in particular, plus the drop pods. You get extra kudos for use of the old Blood Angels Honour guard tech for a sergeant- I always loved that model. In fact another pic of that model would be very much appreciated, as would the recipe for the skin tone.

Most excellent work! The snow bases complement the dark armor perfectly, good call on that one. I really like the pale flesh tone you got there, remind me to bum the recipe one day B)

The combination of the worn metal and scratched black armor is a winner :lol:

I would never had thought to do a fast attack army with Iron Warrios but you've seemed to've pull it off. So I guess this is a White Scars army using a Iron Warrior Theme? Very inventive.

Excellent paintjobs and congrats on finishing them off. An army to be proud of.

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I won't repeat every well earned congrats but I think sameway, this is a very fine job.

If I may give some advices (on my own mini readings of course) :

- Be careful with skins beeing too white. Some more warm colours (even pale) would point the faces out (starting with a mix of elf flesh and catachan green, then pull to white slowly).

- The blueish effects on symbol could be tuned a bit. IH symbol is white (blue effect should be just suggested).

- Be careful with micro-scratchs ! Their abundance can spoil the visibility of a mini, breaking main reading lines...

- Your metals and your red could use more contrasts. I guess you wanted some deed and dark red but contrasting a dark colour is more than essential (look at GvOzD banners in his signature. They're both dark, through contrasted, seen the lowest blood drop ?) ! Talking about metals, you can use an old and dark tone and push the main lines (or simple highlights) to light. On your minis, the micro-cuts catch the eyes more than your main metal pieces.

Just my 2 cp.

Now, I'd love to play against such a beautyfull army, this is a splendid job you did and an example of tenacity to build such an imposing battle force with this quality of painting.

DS

Archived