Fiery Lions Captain

Daeothar

Hi m8, great looking model, really cool pose.

only thing that bothers me a bit is the cutlass, the blade looks like a cutlass but the handle doesnt do it for me.

Maybe u can do something like this?

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/TS...PARROW2_540.jpg

i think it will look better, cuz now it kinda looks like a not-so-very-straight power sword ^_^

But if u like it this way its ur choice ofc. ;)

X

First class modelling and creativity! Is Fiery Lions a real chapter though, or have you invented it? I personally think it's a pretty silly-sounding chapter name, despite being a cool concept. Alternative suggestions would be Lions Infernus, Flame Lions, The Rampant Pyre, Ashen Lions, etc.

Cookie for Scuzzy! :D

I think it should be a rule, though, if you are using the super-broken special character Vulkan as a counts-as, that his skin has to be painted BLACK.

I actually thought about this but then he would not be able to convincingly sport a ponytail. Still; his hair has not yet been sculpted, so maybe I'll leave him a baldy and paint it black *cue Rolling Stones song* ^_^

Is Fiery Lions a real chapter though, or have you invented it? I personally think it's a pretty silly-sounding chapter name, despite being a cool concept.

It's a ' real' chapter but DIY all the same. I first came up with the concept at the end of 2003, so last month saw their 5 year anniversary. Their first appearance was in the UK Chapter Master competition and they even found their way into the Best of Chapter Master booklet! I then wrote their first IA and created a website to host all the fluff, fiction and pictures. This site has been in the air since 2004. Since then, as TAS mentioned, I've entered several minis of this chapter in B&C competitions and I had a UKGD finalist with a Fiery Lions Scout Squad. So; they're pretty well established, especially since they were featured several times in the popular webcomic Turnsignals on a Landraider. It's creator, Steve, was the first to misread the chapter name and requested permission to use this as a joke in his comic. I agreed and have been at the sharp end of endless loin jokes ever since. Not that I mind though; as long as the joke is made, the chapter is remembered and as such they might actually be one of the better known DIY chapters out there (at least; they used to be).

And here endeth the lesson. For more reading on the chapter and its history, please click on my signature...

Updates to follow later this week! :yes:

nice model, in fact a very very very very very nice model. the sword is really cool (first person i've seen use a sword instead of spear :yes: ) and the flamer fist is cool as well. i'm put off by no helmet but thats because of my own supersitious reasons (no matter the armour they will fail it without a helmet!!!). i like the cutlass but it still seems too sharp on the other edge, i think that edge would be flat. but the model itself is extremely good looking!

• 5 months later...

Well, this sure took a while, but the captain is finally back on track! ;)

The only things still missing were some rivets and his hair but sidetracking, procrastination and real life stood in their way. But no more; tonight I got the urge, freed him from the WIP shelf and finished the sculpting. Finally.

He is now ready for painting (after the PC dries of course). And when the weather breaks and this heat spell passes, I will be too...

Anyhow, on to his piraty ponytail:

http://www.fierylions.nl/Pictures/ForumPictures/FieryLionsCaptain/CaptainWIP16.jpg

Another angle:

http://www.fierylions.nl/Pictures/ForumPictures/FieryLionsCaptain/CaptainWIP17.jpg

And yet another one, this time with the benifit of seeing the added rivets on his kneepad and right greave:

http://www.fierylions.nl/Pictures/ForumPictures/FieryLionsCaptain/CaptainWIP15.jpg

I also added some larger rivets to the base to finish it off, so he's just one less humid atmosphere away from being undercoated now! ;)

I am impressed.

You took some of the old bits that no one looks at anymore, and returned them to a useful and, may I say, awesome use. *contented sigh*

That makes this grizzled veteran proud.

I, like a few others who haunt this forum, remember the old days, the days when terminator captains had mini grenade launchers on the backs of power fists....digital weapons weren't just a re-roll, and all marines in plastic looked "weedy".

That said, I say "cheers to you good sir"

I'm looking forward to seeing this model in a finished state too... of course. :P

Archived