Firedrakes, close combat.

Pyriel

Absolutely FANTASTIC! I love the sculpts and the paintjob. I'd also like to second the question concerning the bases: How did you do those? Might just have to steal the idea with the crystals if you dont mind.. :)

Sorry for the absense. Been away working a lot.

Out-freakin-standing work! You sir, have conviced me to paint my SM figs as Salamanders.

Cool, the more of us there is the better:P

Truly beautiful stuff... where do the bases come from? Are they hand made or commercially available casts?

Absolutely FANTASTIC! I love the sculpts and the paintjob. I'd also like to second the question concerning the bases: How did you do those? Might just have to steal the idea with the crystals if you dont mind.. happy.gif

The bases, well I found a guy who made and cast them and I got a bunch from him but they were all rock and lava only.

Go ahead and steal away, the crystals are rather cool looking I reckon and I still havent decided wether to use different coloured chrystals or different shoulderpads to separate the squads from one another.

I cut them apart and remade the rock and lava flows to a degree and sculpted on mushrooms and all the crystals.

I have moulds for the new mushroom and crystal bases at home but so far I havent decided wether to cast up a batch or not.

If I ever do I will also have to find the guy again and ask him for permission as parts of his bases are inside my own creations.

Nice work as usual Pyriel. I love your sallies and you have inspired me to do a successor chapter. I notice that the shields are now done- are they and the other varient for sale yet?

And nope, havent decided what to do with them yet but I will probably sell them of as commissions to a caster as I want to equip my whole army with them as well.

But no talk of casting/selling/trading stuff on BnC as I think it goes against the rules since this is not a trading board.

thumbsup.gif Those are really amazing. I'm eager to see more.

Thinking of doing a pre heresy squad heavily eagle themed and if I get my behind in gear I might also make it into a tutorial or partial tutorial as well.

this time i learned that when i click on a link that has your name and the word firedrakes i put on my jaw catcher to stop it hitting the floor. and the jaw catcher didn't help!!! you are one hell of a painter, those guys a cool. but my one annoyance that breaks the look on the base for me is the mushrooms, not to tell such a great modeler like yourself but mushrooms can't live in volcanic regions as theirs not even water, it just breaks the illussion and they look out of place. other than that they are amasing!

They might be some kind of umm, thermofile alien flora feeding of sulphide gasses etc :o

Sounds good to me. Personally I like the mushrooms - it's different. Most bases all have the same exact elements & basically look the same. (I'm one to talk, I only use sand) I think they are subtle enough to were it adds a nice bit of character to the pieces. Besides, it's not like they're massive polka-dotted mushrooms from Super Mario Bros. <_<

Very nice! :rolleyes:

If you want to sculpt scales at all, you could try pressing the end of the handle of a tea spoon into GS, thats what I did for my High Elf Prince's Dragonscale shield. I think it worked quite well, and scales would look nice on a storm shield, i think. Maybe a captains shield, to make him stand out.

You dont have any minerals in Korea?

I think it's a reference to Starcraft, in which big blue crystals are 'minerals' and one of the two resources. If you're asking why a Korean would reference starcraft, I'm pretty sure they televise SC tournaments over there.

any shance on a turtural on those pads and hamers?

Well, dunno, I already made them so its kinda a waste of time sculpting them all over.

btw can you add a mini tutorial on the crystals and mushrooms tongue.gif

Yes but I need to find time to set aside for that first. There are a lot of things stealing time from me like friends, work, eating taking craps, sleeping, goofing of etc.

I think it's a reference to Starcraft, in which big blue crystals are 'minerals' and one of the two resources. If you're asking why a Korean would reference starcraft, I'm pretty sure they televise SC tournaments over there.

They do? :huh:

Archived