Blood Angels Drop Pod

I am Legion

nice, clean colours, good edge highlighting, cool scheme.

Generally a thumbs up. My only objection is....I cant find anything wrong with it :)

Those are some incredibly smooth and vibrant colors there on the tailfins. Mind sharing the recipe for such awesome coverage? :D

Wow. Thanks people.

@ Metcalfden - I was thinking of putting weathering and atmospheric entry damage on it, but it wouldn't fit into my overall armies theme of 'off the line' look.

The recipe is quite simple and took a short time to paint to be honest. It's a very easy model to paint.

- The Black is GW primer

- The door grate and turbine at the top is simply boltgun metal with a thinned down badab black wash over it. Gives it a nice look I think.

- The fins are where I cheated a bit, but I've used an airbrush to avoid the bristle marks. The colour I used is a 90-95% match to blood red, and is called "Auto-Air Colors", custom automotive paint, semi-opaque, series 4200, "Flame Red", water based, takes 24 hours for each coat to dry. I use two coats obviously. This paint was picked up at my local art store who has since moved far away from me. If you are in canada, the store was called "loomis art supply". I don't know how much I would recommend those paints, but mine has been used on all my new tanks. The only problem with it is that it's a bit rubbery. If you can use blood red in your airbrush, I'd say stick to that.

And BOB, I still feel bad and I will never live it down, but you made it possible. Thanks pal. Hopefully I'll see you sunday.

Sorry there was 1 more step. The sealant used is the GW one, shaken for 2 minutes like the instructions say. It's actually very good sealer. Anyway here are a few more shots. You can really catch the rushed job in some of these.

gallery_32371_1885_31015.jpggallery_32371_1885_160749.jpg

gallery_32371_1885_372859.jpggallery_32371_1885_302947.jpg

It's too bad you can't really tell due to the cruddyness of my camera, but that center console half dome is supposed to be static (you know, for that split second that it hits the ground). No matter how I take the picture, I can't seem to get it to take a clean picture of it.

Archived