Alternative Standard Bearers

Hi everybody, still new to the site, but I thought I'd go ahead and throw up a picture or two of some things I've been working on for the past few days. I play a Raven Guard army and there's a distinct lack of fluff on these guys, so I've taken it upon myself to make up my own fluff... as a consequence my army is rather on the Celtic side. Since they're on the Celtic side, below are pictures of a bagpiper I'm working on and a drummer boy. The bag piper is a little less than halfway done. I've gotten the bag and the pipes sculpted on but I've yet to include the two front pieces, possibly some hair for his bald head, a little cloak that goes over one shoulder (all the bag piper pictures I've seen had them) and, well, his hands. Truth be told, one of them went flying when I cut them off so I have to search for that later. Also: I consider these guys an alternative form of a Standard Bearer--at the next game I play I want to bring a pair of speakers with me so I can play some of the marches from the Royal Scots Dragoon Guard albums I found.

Anyway, onto the pictures!

gallery_38148_3044_121791.jpg

gallery_38148_3044_889807.jpg

The bag pipe is made out of Green Stuff and the pipes are made from a cheap bit of metal tubing you get from those DIY ink cartridge refill kits (Yes, I do plan to round out the tips of the pipes but I need to find my good pliers first). One of the arms (the right one) was made from a missle launcher that I, well, destroyed and then shaved down to resemble a standard shoulder pad. The other arm I believe was from a chain sword. He really needs more work done on him but I need a bit more time to finish it. And he will be cleaned up of any remaining Green Stuff when I'm finished, but he's still a WIP :D.

Onto the drummer boy!

gallery_38148_3044_55951.jpg

This guy is just a standard scout from a Battle Force I got. The drum sticks are just some wire that I used to use to make jewelry with and the drum is made from a combination of Green Stuff and a makeup brush cover from one of the brushes I have. The chain holding up the drum is a scrap bit of chain I kept from when I was shortening a necklace chain for a friend.

Hope you guys enjoyed my little bit of free-hand sculpting :)

• 8 months later...

Archived