Salamanders Chaplain finished - all greenstuff.

Pyriel

But then the terminators will be 55 and not 50.

And if the captain is added then a small command squad will go with him.

All accompanied by 7 dreadnoughts and transported in 5 land raiders and around 8 drop pods.

Captains, Chaplains and Librarians don't count towards the normal limit, neither do command squads technically but with the extra 5 Termies and the Command squad I'd say you hit the 120 max well enough. A truly epic army project.

thats sooooo good i like the weird based there cool i too would like an idea to make my characters "pop" bearing in mind i'm making a "stealth" army if you could PM me or something that'd be great.

Well for a stealth effect I guess the lava and shiny chrystals are a big no-no :)

As for stealthy colours if I would go with a stealth chapter (an idea I still have) I would go with black and grey armour with ghostly-grey-ish freehand on it.

I´ll also do a tutorial on the bases to spread the mushroom infestation around a bit.

i hereby pronounce you: "master of scales"! amazing work on the helmet!

just one question, did you switch the weapons before painting?

Master of scales? That´s a new one, well I guess it paid of doing scales all this time but if you´d knew how boring scales are to make ;)

The weapons were altered in the last second together with the hands holding them - all is 100% greenstuff.

The hammer is just part of the learning process I guess. The next sallie hammer will be better.

Captains, Chaplains and Librarians don't count towards the normal limit, neither do command squads technically but with the extra 5 Termies and the Command squad I'd say you hit the 120 max well enough. A truly epic army project.

So 55 terminators.

30 sternguards.

20 vanguards (10 with jumppack)

10 honour guard.

5 command squad.

= 120. Nice.

130 with the HQ minis.

The vanguards and sternguards will all be sculpted by the way, metal minis of that amount would weigh to much and I also have to be able to carry the other 200 marines + vehicles.

that is really impressive. I just recently started collecting Space Marines and had settled on the Salamanders as my chapter of choice, and this leads me to believe that I have made the correct decision!

Cool, the more of us the better:)

Great sculpting work. The blends could be a bit smoother, but overall this is a very nice piece!

Hey Lunchbox:)

I thought about it while painting the mini but decided to not give my best as the hand cast mini has a degradation of detail from the gs master. Look at for example the drake icons on the knee and chest, they are much sharper on the master and so I figured when/if I´ll ever paint up the master itself I´ll do it to my best ability, maybe make an GD effort.

So far I have only painted one single mini to the best of my ability and that was the terminator captain I did a couple of years ago.

Oh...I see. Well, regardless it's a grand model. I assumed you were painting at your best, since the sculpt is so good...my apologies. Although...I'm almost cringing thinking about that mini being painted to a GD standard. Let me know when and if you ever enter it, so I can skip that class. ^_^

that is really impressive. I just recently started collecting Space Marines and had settled on the Salamanders as my chapter of choice, and this leads me to believe that I have made the correct decision!

Oh yea Sallies are awesome, like many of the Chapters of Legend in their own way. :lol:

P,

Damn, it looks better painted then it did in the photos you emailed me, so when do I get mine? You know the one you promised for christmas?!

Folks, Pyriel is seriously considering sculpting a "special character" completely from scratch to offer to his adoring fans, keep urging and begging and it just may become reality!

By the way P, any photos on the landraider you have in the works?

Loving it,

Nick

*smiles and nods* i see i see. well if you did decide to make the model totally by scratch and sell it. or give a couple away. whoever got them would be very lucky i imagine *bows to you* as much as i wish i could. getting stuff like that on online contests for me is a bit of a pain being in Canada. :/ and so little time to work on anything. @.@

though i do like how he turned out and again i state truely inspiring and amazing. though i would like to ask a question. how do you make the scales on his armor. my best guess is a fine fine layer of greenstuff and then you cut out a bunch of ackward and uneven squares? i am curious in case i lke to give it a try .. if you don't mind me asking.

*smiles and nods* i see i see. well if you did decide to make the model totally by scratch and sell it. or give a couple away. whoever got them would be very lucky i imagine *bows to you* as much as i wish i could. getting stuff like that on online contests for me is a bit of a pain being in Canada. :/ and so little time to work on anything. @.@

I´m thinking of casting this mini up for personal purposes only and as a give away to a few friends as well as to the board if they would want some silly prizes for some painting competition or whatever.

Problem is I need to check if this is 100% legal first as I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of a lot of crap for trying to be nice.

*nods* i can understand your fear. though i have talked to the gw staff of local canada before about stuff like this. and as long as you don't recieve money from something that looks like their idea such as making up a whole line of space marines an selling them through your own 'business' is not ok and they will sue hard. though if you make them up and give them away its ok. strangely enough. so is buying the models painting them an dall and then selling them later is also ok.

Well, I painted the weapons and discovered that the lighting was a bit of so I had to position them so the lighting fitted rather then repaint the whole things.

Lets just call it one of my crap-ups.

With luck I´ll learn not to make that mistake again.

Archived