Rogue Trader Slaanesh Marine

Iacton

Hi all,

This is an old model that I had lying around, staring accusatively at me from my Hall of Shame - which is my rather large collection of models unlikely ever to see paint!

He's quite a nice sculpt for one of the oldies, and the scheme for Vredesbyrd's Darkling's was a nice challenge, plus I've never done a Slaanesh model either, so it was a cool little project.

Hope that you like

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Miscellaneous%20Marines/Darkling.jpg

Cheers,

Iacton B)

Not RT era, closer to the very early 90s, 2nd ed or so.

Your right about the date but wrong about the edition, the mini is in the 1991 catalogue whilst 2nd edition didnt come out until the latter half of 1993, so its definately an RT mini.

It was my understanding that even though 2nd Ed. came out in '93, RT Era unofficially ended in 1990 once 40k got really rolling. This was the "Second Coming" Chaoes Marine sculpts after the Chaos/Renegade sculpts, and the new Mark 7 Marines came out in the box of 15 shortly before.

Damn, 1991. So I went to my 40k bin, dusted it off, and I still have a blister pack with two of these exact minis unpainted.

17 + years. Thats a long time to be stuck in platic.

As Vodonius said, it is a 91 sculpt, and, as was also pointed out, 2nd Edition didn't come out until later. There were endless rule amendments and compendia back then, with the storyline as it is now as a constantly evolving thing.

So... RT... Thanks. :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, just glad that the paint job went down well. It was nice to get to break out the testicle pink on a model and really play with the colours too.

The glow effect is just thinned out layers of greens and whites - essentially scorpion green and white. It did finish the model off quite nicely and drew the attention back to the face, which is otherwise fairly non-descript, compared to the immense amount of detail on the rest of the sculpt.

Very pleasant work. Nice contrasts and good ideas. Its a funny thing but I realise I couldn't even imagine the studded parts to be something else than plain black and now I see yours, this colour looks sooooo fine.

Funny thing to see one of those coming out (must have one somewhere in the deep mini morass under my bed), almost forgot it existed.

DS

Archived