Dark Angels command squad

mahon

:D guys :woot:

I am glad you like them. Actually that's why I share these pics with you - if they inspire anybody or are an enjoyable sight, that's fine. I also like nice models :) And sometimes there are some things which can be copied/stolen from such works :)

Yep, she's got a sister but she isn't any good at painting. It seems it's a matter of practice and some experience. When you paint as many hours a day as Ana does, well... you surely can improve your skills quite a bit and sometimes paint something interesting.

Some time ago she painted very few things for Space Marines, but later there happened to be a few commissions for such stuff, and so I had a few photos to share with others.

Wanna hire or borrow her? I don't think she would agree, but I prefer not to ask. One never knows... :P

cheers and all the best!

As usual, fantastic work. If anything I look at the beauty of the whole scene and the HQ guy's flat, black storm bolter is just out of place. Everything else is so ornate.

It's another fine job. I guess she got sick of painting your Black Templars?

Unfortunately neither the Black Templars nor these Dark Angels are mine ;)

They had to be shipped to the people who wanted them painted by her...

Anyway, at least I got a GD-winning Mordheim warband as a present from her :D

And - even though it may seem strange, they were supposed to be centerpiece for an army. So you may actually see them as your opponents one day ;)\

Ah - as far as we know they weren't Scibor's works, but maybe one of the people doing similar stuff? Or we may be wrong about it...

I want your wife...

I don't think she'd agree... :huh:

or that's what I prefer to believe...

She does commissions? I'd pay anything to have something painted like that!

PM me if you have an interesting idea...

I don't think it's a good place to go that much off-topic here...

The painting is absolutely fabulous. The colors that Ana used really make the models pop. A very technically sound use of complementary colors, especially the use of brown/red for the shading of the green. The NMM is top notch and I especially like the painted design on the termie blade.

What I don't like are some of the models themselves and I'm glad that I don't have to blame Ana for that. Some of the issues I noticed are that every model has some Ravenwing iconography, which is a little...odd for a DA command squad. There are also several instances of BT weapons and purity seals which stand out like a sore thumb to me. Also, the material work (bottom of robe and cloak) on the termie looks very static. It does not look like fabric at all.

Archived